Axiom Home Page
I had a textbook come in damaged and amazon gave me a $20 credit onto my account. It's burning a hole in my virtual pocket... What should I buy? A video game? A movie?
David, I'd definitely answer the "what would you buy?" with 2 or 3 excellent classical CDs. You switched to "What should I buy?", but my answer is the same.
A beer....
Remastered Miles Davis "Kind Of Blue".
A $20 gift certificate for yourself.
I've thought about this question for the last three hours...

Since it is only $20, it would seem logical to get a movie, as they are usually right around that price. So you'd not have to fork out any of your own cash.

But, you can find games sometimes discounted to under twenty. Since they start out being prices at $60, getting a discounted game would not only cost you none of your own money, but net you the largest savings.

Unless! you can find a movie box set that is normally $60, but is now priced at $20.

I don't know. I think I'll go back to thinking.
Originally Posted By: danmagicman7
A $20 gift certificate for yourself.

smile Nice.
JohnK, Good point.

Chris, I'd love to find one of those movie or TV box sets deeply discounted....

I still haven't bought anything yet. Today I will browse through the amazon warehouse used games and also look at movies.
I'd vouch for a couple of movies or cd's....or put it towards some tool purchases.
I'd sell it to me for $5 cash.

Yes, CASH, my friend.
Originally Posted By: JohnK
David, I'd definitely answer the "what would you buy?" with 2 or 3 excellent classical CDs. You switched to "What should I buy?", but my answer is the same.

+1
Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Originally Posted By: JohnK

+1

Here's something I would consider.
You could buy one of these , you know you want one....
If only that looked like cooked bacon instead of raw!

Either way, does anyone know when Tom's birthday is? Maybe we'll figure he's worth a present if something like that is split between 75 of us.... smile
Why don't we make him a Gen-yoo-whine one?
Archie McPhee is actually in Seattle.

I'm not worthy.
That's exactly what I've been saying in PMs....!
I'd buy a couple of CDs, maybe the Lemonheads - never got them the first time around. Or one of the Beatles' remastered CDs, like Abbey Road.
Hey, have you heard of Juliana Hatfield? She's playing in Arlington on the 22nd...
JP loves Juliana...almost as much as I do! smile
Peter jokes because he is awaiting approval from the boss for a meetup at the Juliana Hatfield / Evan Dando show at Iota in Arlington on 1-22-11. My boss is staying home and told me I could go with a friend, as long as it wasn't a waitress or a drug rep.
Don't tell me why I joke.
Again with the Drug Reps?

I almost output an episode of The Life and Times of Tim to DVD and mailed it to you the other day....it involved a drug rep.

The only reason I didn't, is I couldn't find an episode involving a hot waitress, and I knew if I didn't mail something to Tom, jealousy would ensue.
Or..., you could buy one of these.
AAAAAAA! My face! My eyes, they fall out! AAAAAAA!
It's always funny when Ken's eyes fall out. Gotta love the classics!
JP, who plays the hot drug rep in the screenplay you're working on?
Half the time I dont even know what you guys are talking about. Time for another beer.
Yeah, that'll help.
We need to get Dan the Axiom Forums Cliff's Notes.
Where no man has cut pizza before. I think if you buy 10 or more they'll get it down to $20.00. Seriously...I want one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/dea2/
SnoBrum.
I decided what I am going to buy.

I'm going to get the Classic Veranda BBQ cover which lists for $46 (about much I paid for the Weber cover) but is available for $27 so I will only need to pay 7 bucks.

I have desperately needed a new grill cover for my Weber Summit S-470. I was pretty disappointed with the weber cover which only lasted about a year and a half.

The bad news is that the cover has an anticipated shipping date 2-5 weeks from now...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCR89W/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Well, if you had said movie, game or grill cover, that's exactly what I would have recommended.
Yeah, I changed my mind at the last minute wink
Amazon delivered my grill cover today, several weeks ahead of schedule! Now I can get rid of that old green tarp that is covering my grill...
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
JP, who plays the hot drug rep in the screenplay you're working on?

Wow, I thought I had answered this one. Sorry to leave it hanging.

Probably the best match as far as energy, humor, brains, and looks would be Julie Bowen (Modern Family, Ed). I've always appreciated her work. Other good choices would be Anne Hathaway and Heather Graham.
Yeah, let's use Julie Bowen. Good call.
Her legs are way too nice.
Cover performed nicely in the 40 mph wind gusts... Now I just need to shovel a path to my grill so I can fire it up.

Hey, that's the same cover I have sitting next to my grill instead of being on it!
© Axiom Message Boards