Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 07:38 PM
OK, so it was like, wait, lemme do it, 20,893 days ago, but anyway.

For someone who grew up IN the city, I can be so naive.

Since I've never been drunk, or truly speech/mobility wasted on anything else, I never consider that in my daily interactions with others.

I was never aware that some of my (college and grad)students may have been UTI. Not a thought.

As a department head in academia, I wasn't even slightly cognizant of the fact that 1/2 of the staff was coming back from lunch tipsy and/or high at least a couple of sunny Fridays a month. They told me months after I had left those positions.

As long as everyone was getting to everything that needed to be done, and doing it well, I was clueless.

Sooo, yes, the point is all about YOU, FINALLY.

I hadn't thought, not once, that no matter the (simple text) "behavior," (i.e., someone seeming uncharacteristcally pushy, mean, or just plain shitty), that any single or multiple visitors were "thinking" and posting while blottoed.

That changes a lot for me. Not that I know exactly how, yet, but...

Look, it's not like I'm "disappointed" in any of you, but I'm starting to think of lots of other words.

I think I know the answer, but am I the only one THAT dense?

I gotta go to the shop for a few hours, but I AM checking back on this one. No, not just to see how many people answered "yes," ya Commie Homo Alckies.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult any Commies out there.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 07:44 PM
I'm too stoned to understand your post..... grin
Posted By: medic8r Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 07:46 PM
It was an eye-opener (pardon the pun) to me when this was discussed briefly at the Axiom homecoming. It did shed light on things.

I forget if we discussed this before or after we hit up the Beer Store.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 08:10 PM
I've never posted WITHOUT being rip-roaring drunk.

You meen you guyz iz all sober?
Posted By: Wid Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 09:23 PM
Quote:

I think I know the answer, but am I the only one THAT dense?

Looks like it Skippy............. laugh
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 09:53 PM
On a good day, I have better things to do when I'm drinking than post here.

On a bad day, I'm not really drinking at all.

So, yeah, drinking and posting is pretty average.

Stupid medical co-op dispensary initiatives keep failing, though.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 10:29 PM
Never drink or anyhting else, but with the severe sleep deprived life I led for the past 11 years I am sure one could easily think I was UTI by a few of my posts.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 10:37 PM
Yeah, never here under drink or drug (well caffeine), but sometimes I'm a little giddy after an especially good disc.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 10:41 PM
No comment.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 10:42 PM
Don't need to drink, I've been two-part epoxying in the basement the last two days....anyone who walks within 100ft of my house catches a buzz.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Born Yesterday - 02/07/11 11:24 PM
So far, as anticpated, not one of you who responded was any of the people on my mind. Guess everyone's staying after school.

The whole thing just puts a little edge on stuff that wasn't there for me before. So, I'll have to be either more cautious, far less cautious, or catatonic--somethin's gotta give.

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 01:50 AM
If I could get my computer to dispense beer as I browse the internet, I'd never leave my apartment.

The Shout Box is a good drunk posting alternative. The evidence disappears eventually.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 04:23 AM
Occasionally I post after having a little drink. But I haven't been drunk for several months.
Posted By: Wid Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 04:31 AM

Honestly; I haven't had a drink of alcohol in 20+ years.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 04:47 AM
I drink whiskey. Not a lot. Nothing like I did in my 20s and 30's. I used to get drunk every weekend. I can't remember the last time I was drunk. I used to love drinking. Sacrificing the next morning was worth it to me. Now I love hiking and going to interesting places. I am a member of Mass Audubon Society and try to visit their sanctuaries as well as the local state parks and the Trustees of the Reservations properties. That kind of weekend lifestyle does not work for me if I get hammered the night before.

It would not be my nature to get drunk and say mean things on this forum.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 04:58 AM
I can honestly say I've never been UTI posting here...thank goodness! If I did, you'd know it! grin
Posted By: Argon Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 12:47 PM
I am not so sure all of it can be attributed to to Drugs and Alcohol? Some of what I have seen reminds me of "The 3 Faces of Eve".
Posted By: BobKay Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 01:51 PM
The replies have ALL been from those at whom the first stone wouldn't ever have been thrown.

Boy, there's an awful lot of guilt around here.

Now THAT's something I can REALLY make use of.
Thank you. (insert evil smile)

Now I know what it feels like to be a Catholic priest, except that I'm not bisexual and have never been into men AND boys!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 04:53 PM
We need a "like" or "thumbs up" feature or something so that I don't keep have to keep kissing Bob's ass because he's so funny.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 05:00 PM
Whenever I hear "thumbs up," I either get real nervous, or real excited.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Born Yesterday - 02/08/11 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
We need a "like" or "thumbs up" feature or something so that I don't keep have to keep kissing Bob's ass because he's so funny.
\

Not to worry. It's unavailable, as it has belonged to my colo-rectal surgeon for over a decade. Now HE's a funny guy. No, really!

It was early Feb one year. I was in for just a check up. After he closed the door and asked me to, um, present, I noticed that the shade on the door to the corridor was open and said so.

He replied, "Ah, that's OK. Let 'em all have an early Velntine's present.
© Axiom Message Boards