Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/07/11 11:38 PM
Well, at least they (HD, not Mark) moved up a few digits on Bastard Bob's Bitch Barometer.

My 12v Ridgid lithiom driver developed a delay when you pull the trigger. I had sent in all the reg. papers when I bought it 2+ yrs. ago and was mailed back a laminated card with the lifetime warranty on it. I put it in the proverbial "safe place so I can find it." So, now I can't find it.

I thought that alone would be a deal breaker, though purchased on my HD card, so...

I thought it'd get repaired (for free), or I'd get a recon.

Noooooo! They took it back, wouldn't even let me tell them what's wrong with it, and told me to just go get a new one off the shelf.

Their Lifetime Warranty is real. Awesome.

The "Hate Mark" part. Visited Mark's woodshop yesterday. Everyone here should hate him.

While there, I didn't notice the latest 18v lithium drivers or hammerdrills. So, while at The Despot, I bought a new set of Makita's. I neither needed nor wanted them. I was just sure Mark didn't have them.

Oh, and it's not simply that he has everything (except for the new stuff I bought, I hope), the space is quite generous, well lighted, and super clean. And Joyce is gonna be beatified BEFORE she dies!
That little faggot's got his own Jet planer, that little faggot he's a _______________ (banned in Canada).

Posted By: Adrian Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/07/11 11:51 PM
Bob, are you sure that trigger delay wasn't built in for your own protection. It could be one of these new fandango tools with it's own brain..."you really want to drive this screw, Bitch? we will delay activation for 2 seconds."
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 12:05 AM
Hopefully the Canadian gov't won't shut down this forum now.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 12:14 AM
My NEW(well new last Jan.) Ridgid Lithium drill has that delay every so often when I first try to use it. Once I get it working the delay goes away. I suspect the contacts get dirty or similar and the movement cleans them off. I probably should have taken it back when I first noticed the issue. I never did finish sending in all the particulars to get the Lifetime warranty and now the boxes are long gone frown
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 12:53 AM
Do I get a bonus if I hated Mark already?

I'm jealous of both you guys.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 01:54 AM
I just want to make a mess in Mark's wood shop.
But Bob knows what to DO with his tools.

I just keep mine unused so they don't get covered with that nasty, dirty sawdusty stuff.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 01:57 AM
Plus, Mark has a hard time getting the sawdust out of his beard.
I must be working with a lot of gray wood lately.... smile
Posted By: Adrian Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 02:34 AM
Mark shaves with a Sawzall.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 03:37 AM
Metal or wood cutting blade?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 03:39 AM
Mark uses the manly man-man blade.

It cuts through guff.
Posted By: fredk Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 04:04 AM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
Hopefully the Canadian gov't won't shut down this forum now.

Actually they 'reconsidered' that ban. I believe it was 364 complaints to 1. No contest.

I'm pretty sure Bob's still banned though.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 04:20 AM
Bob,
don't feel too bad. I would bet my life that you have way more compact discs in your wood shop.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 04:59 PM
OK, so the new Makita's are awesome and I never had any power tools in black and white. I got a lot of yellow stuff, turquiose stuff, electric green, deep blue, orange, but no black and white.

Funny how, when it's ALL strewn about a workspace, the colors ALL become gray and you still can't find what you're looking for, 'cause your're standing on it.

Here's the pisser. I, quite for real, have no place left to store them. Not that that is EVER a consideration. Too much of a buzzkill to acquisitiveness.

I could ditch my old Craftsman 18v's that weight 7 lbs. ea. Even when they were new, you could actually see the runout while watching the bit. But, hey, they're just holes. (It all comes down to that, doesn't it?).

Shelving in the floor joists, here we come!

Still hating, still hating.
I'm holding a cotillion in my workshop later, Bob.

Jus' so's you know.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 05:54 PM
How could I have forgotten!!

I met The Lord of Concord Sunday afternoon, Sir Budderick S. Johnson, a/k/a Buddy.

C'mon! Wouldja doubt it? He's awesome! He's beautiful, smart, and fun as hell to go cukoo with.

His golden tan face sports the darkest eyes, which look so cool with his black nose.

And he's one of those furchildren who, when you talk to them, you KNOW there's someone in there. And they're not all like that. Not at all.

Sing along: Oh, hate, hate, hate, mmmmm, mmmmm, hate... grin <<<<<<<Rule breaker.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 06:07 PM
I suppose next you're going to tell us that his room isn't really that square.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 06:16 PM
Or that he didn't know how to get to the nearest Olive Garden.

(yeah, I know, pot, kettle)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 06:19 PM
and the Odyssey has a retractable hardtop.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Why I Love Home Despot/Why I Hate Mark - 02/08/11 06:57 PM
and he shoots Nikon.
© Axiom Message Boards