Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 05:08 AM
I caught the first report around 6pm that some military general had changed sides.

Now it seems that the second and third largest cities there are no longer in government control and there are rumours that Gadhafi has fled the country.

WOW!!!
Posted By: Adrian Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 02:33 PM
They're going to have to create a small country to hold all these deposed dictators when they fall. Then they can fight over who wants to be Supreme Lee-dah!
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 03:06 PM
My heart goes out to people around the world under oppressive governments. Add Bahrian to the list, some disturbing videos of government brutality are now circling youtube.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
They're going to have to create a small country to hold all these deposed dictators when they fall. Then they can fight over who wants to be Supreme Lee-dah!

Sounds like lyrics in Pink Floyd's "Fletcher Memorial Home" on The Final Cut....
Posted By: fredk Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 04:05 PM
From Al Jezeera:

5:40pm: Two civilian helicopters, followed by two Libyan fighter jets, have landed in Malta. Only one of at least seven passengers are reported to be carrying passports. All passengers are currently being held by immigration officials. Al Jazeera's Karl Stagno-Novarra, reporting from Malta, says the Mediterranean island is preparing to be used as a base for evacuation of European citizens from Libya, one hour's flight away.

Gadhafi has fled??
Posted By: fredk Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 04:06 PM
Oh oh... frown

5:50pm: Geneva-based Libyan News Network reports phones cut in Tripoli, amid "massacre" in Green Square. More details being sought.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 08:30 PM
I won't say much because I'll get hollered at. But anyone seriously interested in what's happening, and why, needs to take a critical look at the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderberg Groups involvement.

I'm not saying anything other than to look into it and come to your own conclusions.

Even though I haven't come to a conclusion, I'm at least informed.
Posted By: BobKay Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
I won't say much...
I'll get hollered at.

Dubious about the first, positive about the second.

Serioulsy, Cam, I think that everyone here thinks you're their
whipping boy. Your only disadvantage is that they can get away from you faster than you can get away from them. A level playing field is only one gun law away. See ya in Ottowa!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/21/11 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
I won't say much...
I'll get hollered at.

Dubious about the first

True smile.

Originally Posted By: BobKay
A level playing field is only one gun law away.

laugh

No revolutionary waited for a gun law! Gandhi, for one, would be disappointed if I did.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 12:11 AM
Check this out, Lybian air force colonels who were ordered to bomb anti-government protestors defected and landed in Malta!

http://af.reuters.com/article/libyaNews/idAFLDE71K23020110221

Huge respect for these guys.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 01:12 AM
Thanks for that link, Dan. Huge respect is right.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 03:20 AM
Think of all the CO2 they dumped into the atmosphere during their defection though. Surely, they could have using a greener means of escape...
laugh
Posted By: Adrian Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 04:18 AM
It's too bad they didn't fire a few missiles in Ghadafi Duck's direction before they left though.
Posted By: fredk Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 05:17 AM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Think of all the CO2 they dumped into the atmosphere during their defection though. Surely, they could have using a greener means of escape...
laugh

I don't think they are allowed to pack swimming trunks in a fighter.
Posted By: fredk Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 05:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
It's too bad they didn't fire a few missiles in Ghadafi Duck's direction before they left though.

That was my first thought.

It looks like the army is split and it is now open revolution. It is early morning. There were many reported air stikes on towns throughout Lybia, and yet, people are back out protesting. FYI Al Jazeera english seems to have very good coverage of this.

Gadhafi is done for, but it could get very very bloody before it ends.
Posted By: grunt Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 05:31 AM
Quote:

I don't think they are allowed to pack swimming trunks in a fighter.

They just attach a cargo pod in lieu of a drop tank or munitions. Though most pilots seem to prioritize golf clubs.
Posted By: davidsch Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 12:35 PM
Libya. Sorry Fred, but everytime I read the title of this thread the way it is spelled my mind goes in the gutter.
Posted By: BobKay Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: davidsch
my mind goes in the gutter.

No one goes there any more. It's always too crowded.
Posted By: BobKay Re: WOW! Lybia next?? - 02/22/11 10:03 PM
[url]http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/7totalitarianwonders-2[url/]

But do we really think he means it?
© Axiom Message Boards