Axiom Home Page
I should feel bad about this but yet, I feel so good.
I think the current Coke is the old New Coke. They just slowly changed the recipe without telling anybody. I'm pretty sure of this because I used to love Coke, but hated Pepsi. Today I hate both of them because there is no "bite" to them. They both just taste like flavored sugar water.
One of the worst marketing campaigns in recent memory was the "that thing got a hemi" a couple of years back when gas prices went through the roof, kinda totally backfired.
Are we talking about Klaws from Marvel comics?
I'm unaware of the issues surrounding all three choices. But, I do know what Adrian is talking about, and I concur.
This was intended to be a thread to pick on Bob. But I have this to add about the New Coke recipe. I worked in a grocery store when it happened and this is what the coke delivery guy told me. They were going to reintroduce original Coke as a surprise later on anyway. But were taken aback at the furor and brought it back sooner.
I like to buy Cokes that a little deli gets from Mexico. Made with real sugar and in a glass bottle. Tastes so good.
Costco carries Mexican Coke, too.
good to know. expensive at the little deli
I have been told by a plant manager of a local soft drink company that using glass bottles actually changes the flavor vs. cans or plastic bottles. Something I always thought I perceived but wondered if it was in my head. I always preferred glass bottles over the alternates and was extremely disappointed when this bottler moved to cans and plastic as it was one of the last glass hold outs still around.

This was years ago but it has to do with the amount and/or method of carbonation. This makes sense as although the bubbles make soft drinks fun and add to the experience, CO2 doesn't actually taste good.
Similarly, I was at a dinner at a convention last summer where the host was a professional beer taster. He had us pour a half a beer in a glass, take a drink or two and then asked us how many people attempted to get "the perfect pour?" Of course, the majority of guests put up their hand.

He then had us pour the second half of the same beer into another glass but told us to pour it quickly and not worry about foam. We then tasted and had to vote on which pour tasted better. I think it was 100% or extremely close to 100% in favor of the sloppy pour. He then explained the concept of CO2 not actually tasting that great and that a perfect pour should actually be, as much foam as you can manage without making a mess and assured us we would never be able to pour out all of the bubbles.
I actually like the aluminum flavor of a can of Coke. I think that makes me strange.
I like Coca Cola Classic, but I actually liked New Coke better.
Ignore him, this is one of his frequent psychological tests which he performs here.
On the plus side, anyone who agrees with him, gets free meds for a year.

I want the old Coke back that feels like it's dissolving all the teeth in your mouth every time you take a drink.
Murph, I got a good laugh out of that one.

Next time, don't let others in on it, mmmmkay?!
No more free meds for Murph.
He's still got his Murph-shine.
That's actually brilliant marketing name. I wonder if the government would give out a second license for legal distillation? I'll just need a horrid amount of capital that I don't have.

Although........... I think that the Dragon's Den folks should be nice and loose once they have a few taste tests.
© Axiom Message Boards