Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Archos 43 as an mp3 player/remote control? - 06/22/11 12:38 AM
Anybody here have experience with Archos tablets?

I was looking for an MP3 player for my music collection when I came across these devices. It turns out here is an Andros based Media Monkey remote app available that uses the iTunes digital audio control protocol. That would allow me to use this as a remote for playing music in the apartment as well.

I just want to make sure its a reasonable quality product.
Posted By: fredk Re: Archos 43 as an mp3 player/remote control? - 06/22/11 06:16 AM
well, aren't you guys supportive. Here I have a credit card burning a hole in my pocket and not one word of encouragement from you guys.

It looks like there might be a couple of apps that would allow me to do remote IR or rs232 control of my Denon as well.

Since this thing is $95 on clearance I may just pick one up on speculation.
Posted By: CV Re: Archos 43 as an mp3 player/remote control? - 06/22/11 06:43 AM
I wish I had any insight to offer. Let us know how it works out if you actually proceed with your scheme.
Posted By: Murph Re: Archos 43 as an mp3 player/remote control? - 06/22/11 11:28 AM
No experience but for 95 $, I'd try it out.
Posted By: fredk Thats not the Archos Im looking for! - 06/22/11 11:10 PM
mad Friggin' marketing weenies and their product names. The one I picked up has no wifi so its going back tomorrow.

The good news is I have a line on a use 16gb wifi model. We'll see how that goes.
© Axiom Message Boards