Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Rush on BR - 07/13/11 12:49 AM
Thought some of you might like to read this.

http://hometheaterreview.com/for-once-th...bum-on-blu-ray/
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rush on BR - 07/13/11 01:18 AM
I do so love that album. When I finally get a blu-ray player, I'll have to pick this up.
Posted By: CV Re: Rush on BR - 07/13/11 05:47 AM
Go ahead and buy it first so you have a good reason to get a Blu-ray player.
Posted By: Jc Re: Rush on BR - 07/13/11 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
Go ahead and buy it first so you have a good reason to get a Blu-ray player.

I second !
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rush on BR - 07/13/11 12:50 PM
I third! Then you can review it for us as well!
Posted By: cb919 Re: Rush on BR - 07/14/11 09:01 PM
On my way home from work now and just got a better than expected bonus at work. Think I'll stop and buy it.

I'd like to compare it to the Snakes and Arrows Blu-Ray. I like the Snakes and Arrows but don't think the audio is as as good as bluray.com rated it - crowd noise is mixed a bit too hot for my taste and bass not quite hot enough. I'll post impressions if I can find a copy. That is if Peter doesn't beat me to it 1st! wink
Posted By: cb919 Re: Rush on BR - 07/15/11 01:48 PM
Well, couldn't find it in stock on my way home. Ordered from Amazon last night, so should be here early next week. Also realised I can't directly compare it to Snakes & Arrows as that's a concert disc and Moving Pictures is a studio master - didn't think that through! blush
Posted By: solarrdadd Re: Rush on BR - 07/16/11 07:21 PM
not only did i buy this on blu but i also bought the hi-rez 96/24 FLAC download (stereo) from HDTracks to load onto my NAS to stream all over the house. i love both of them. this was a very well done album.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Rush on BR - 07/21/11 07:13 AM
I didn't realize a high rez FLAC was available, haven't stopped in at HDTracks in awhile, I might have to get it.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Rush on BR - 07/06/12 03:48 PM
Resurrecting a year old thread. I did end up getting the album from Amazon and have been enjoying it immensely. I had not listened to it in a little while, but last week I had the rare opportunity of a bit of time and the house (meaning the HT) to myself. So I sat down and listened through much of this album on Blu-Ray in the HD Master Audio track. Wow does it ever sound good. Also fun to switch between the stereo and DTS mixes and hear the way they mixed it. The triangle at the beginning of YYZ flying around the room is pretty cool, but the biggest thing for me is just how much more open and immersive the surround mix is over listening in stereo. I guess I just re-proved to myself that I prefer music in surround and am not a stereo 'purist'. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Since I was alone I also had it cranked louder than usual as there were no sleeping children or wives to bother. Out of interest I pulled out ye ole RatShack meter (digital version) and put in peak measurement mode. I was listening at around 80-85 dB average with peaks well into the 90 dB range. Just for fun i pushed it a bit more and was still able to listen at close to 90dB with peaks of over 100dB and no sign of strain from my M22's/M2 LCR combo (or the QS8's and EP500). I had no desire to push it louder than that even though I was only at -15 on the amp gain. Loved my system all over again.

To summarize - if you like Rush, by this album on BRD, crank it and enjoy!
© Axiom Message Boards