Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 02:42 PM
With all the talk of satellites falling from the sky recently and the recent disapointment of a completely overcast Draconid meteor shower, I found it kind of amusing to see a star did actually fall on my lawn.

Sorry the picture is a bit dark as I noticed it on my way out to work this morning and the flash versions didn't turn out so well.

Due to the ongoing TopGun training ongoing between the seagulls, osprey and bald eagles above my home, it's not unusual at all to find all kinds of muscle and clam shells, dead crab pieces, even flounders (sometimes still alive)on my lawn, this is the first starfish though. I should have put down a scale reference as it was a decent sized one at about 4 1/2 inches tip to tip.
Posted By: cb919 Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:17 PM
That's pretty neat Murph. Makes my autumn leaves and pine needles even more boring than they were yesterday. smile

Though someone several blocks away from me will find a small RC helicopter in their yard - my son lost it when the throttle stuck open and the wind took it, never to be seen again by us.
Posted By: J. B. Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:20 PM
those helicopters don't have black boxes?
Posted By: cb919 Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:33 PM
I wish! That might have saved me the replacement cost from the hobby store. smirk
Posted By: RickF Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:33 PM
That's funny Murph, same thing happens around here with the Ospreys. Ours always seen to be the run of the mill baitfish or maybe an occasional crab.

Never starfish though.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:34 PM
Rick, are you sure it's not the neighbors on the other side of the fence who have had it up to ::here:: with your sub? smile
Posted By: RickF Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 03:38 PM
Heck no Mark .. they moved out months ago!

They seemed to have left in a hurry.

Weird. confused

laugh
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/07/11 07:36 PM
That's cool, Murph.

Quote:
...ongoing TopGun training ongoing between the seagulls, osprey and bald eagles...

grin Excellent!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/08/11 03:23 PM
Once they start dropping live lobsters, give me a call.
We'll work out a deal.
Posted By: Murph Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/08/11 07:32 PM
Haven't seen a bird who has figured out how to dive that deep yet.

But if it's free lobster you crave, just come visit when it's in season I almost never pay for lobster (in season) unless I'm expecting a large crowd. In fact, I remember my grandfather refusing to even eat lobster because when he grew up, it was "the poor kids food."
Posted By: Adrian Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/08/11 10:32 PM
Lobstah chowdah! ooh yeah!
Posted By: fredk Re: The Sky is Falling! - 11/09/11 05:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Haven't seen a bird who has figured out how to dive that deep yet.

But if it's free lobster you crave, just come visit when it's in season I almost never pay for lobster (in season) unless I'm expecting a large crowd. In fact, I remember my grandfather refusing to even eat lobster because when he grew up, it was "the poor kids food."

Party at Murph's place, he's payin'!!

Bring your hardhat though...
© Axiom Message Boards