Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 01:10 AM
Have a read here
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 03:54 AM
Well, people like me will just buy vinly instead, I guess.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 04:17 AM
Meh... It is like the people that keep saying that they aren't going to try out that "fad" called 'Blu-Ray' because they are going to just stream everything.. CD's will still be around for some time. Heck, I still burn downloaded music to CDs even though my car stereo can plat MP3s from my phone or from my kids' ipod, or even right from a usb stick.
Posted By: fredk Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 06:19 AM
Now Jay, you know better than to listen to audiopile!
Posted By: CV Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 07:52 AM
I'm not in tune with the mainstream, but with the bands I listen to, I see it going two ways. Yes, there's an increase in digital-only releases, but there has also been a significant increase in deluxe box set versions of physical releases. I like to support these kinds of releases because there's usually some cool bonus stuff you get, and even though they don't usually arrive on or by the release date, they usually give you a way to download the music while you wait. I like this best-of-both-worlds approach, and I hope it continues.
Posted By: RickF Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 01:36 PM
I've personally had CD's disappear over the years, I've also had CD's half-chewed, scratched, broken and get this, disappear only to reappear in other areas of the house and even separate vehicles! The dog, wife, son and even my hungover self have offered no plausible excuse for these occurrences.

Aliens perhaps?!

eek
Posted By: grunt Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 02:23 PM
Originally Posted By: RickF
I've personally had CD's disappear over the years, I've also had CD's half-chewed, scratched, broken and get this, disappear only to reappear in other areas of the house and even separate vehicles! The dog, wife, son and even my hungover self have offered no plausible excuse for these occurrences.

Aliens perhaps?!

eek

My ex wifes bras were disappearing and she was accusing me of doing it. I tried to tell her I had no interest in stealing her underwear since the dresser was full of it. Then one day I’m sitting outside our bedroom and here comes her mother’s Chihuahua (one of those cute black ones, not the yappy brown ones) dragging a bra up the stairs and out the back door. I followed it and found a stash of bras behind one of the bushes in the back yard. Of course she didn’t believe me when I told her so the next day she came home from work I told her just to leave the bra on the bedroom floor and come out and watch. Sure enough about 5 minutes later the little pervert was dragging the bra out the door.

P.S. Chihuahuas are aliens aren't they?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 02:31 PM
Ha ha, I had an ex-girlfriend who owned a chihuahua. I had to make sure I didn't leave any articles of clothing on the floor. Not that he'd steal anything, but he'd poop on them.

When we'd watch movies together, the dog would sit on my lap and stare at my face the entire time. Not a friendly-like stare, either.

Yes, they are aliens.
Posted By: grunt Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Ha ha, I had an ex-girlfriend who owned a chihuahua. I had to make sure I didn't leave any articles of clothing on the floor. Not that he'd steal anything, but he'd poop on them.

When we'd watch movies together, the dog would sit on my lap and stare at my face the entire time. Not a friendly-like stare, either.

Yes, they are aliens.

I have never liked Chihuahuas since I’d only ever seen the brown ones that just stand there yapping and shaking but this black one was pretty cool. It imprinted on me since the night my brother-in-law brought is home it was extremely young and scared. I was up late playing a computer game and let it sit in my lap most of the night so after that I was its favorite person which pissed off both my ex and her mother.

Did you know you can do the Heimlich maneuver on a Chihuahua? One day my brother-in-law brought the brown one downstairs freaking out because it was choking, actually not breathing at all. So just like you would with a choking baby squeezed it and then turned it over and smacked it on the back until it coughed up what it was choking on. The dog liked me for the rest of the day and then went back to being a dick.

Can we get a little credit here for the forum’s first Chihuahua derail?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 02:53 PM
Thanks, you two, for a terrific early morning laugh. Great stories, articulately and humorously told. laugh
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 03:18 PM
I'm putting my tin-foil hat back on.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/02/11 11:00 PM

I believe that Chihuahua's are capable of very astute fashion criticism.

At a gallery opening of mine in Houston, a dog walked in, looked around the room, peed on the carpet, and immediately departed.

My dealer said, "Everyone in Texas is a critic."
Posted By: fredk Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/03/11 12:07 AM
If there is an after life I want to come back as a perverted alien chihuahua (pronounced a la Nessman).

... but only the black non yappy kind.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/03/11 02:22 AM
Yes Fred I am not taking it too seriously but the Cd's demise IS coming but by next year? I doubt it. I think Cd's are still selling fairly strong but via online sales not from retail stores, at least I try to do my part this way.

I would download more songs if the quality was a higher than 256k and the limited high res sites don't seem to offer much of the music I like.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/03/11 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
... but only the black non yappy kind.

I've got 3 possible wise-ass comments. How many you guys got?
Posted By: INANE Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/05/11 04:05 AM
There is nothing wrong with a high bitrate mp3 file for most things. If they would start making some lossless versions of music available for download that would be superior to CD's IMO.
Posted By: Murph Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/05/11 05:31 PM

Yes, they are aliens.

A long time ago I had a friend who's girlfriend's Boa Constrictor did that. He would stretch out on the back of the couch and then circle around to stare you in the face. You can read a dog most days but a snake's eyes give up Nothing. Now THAT is uncomfortable!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/05/11 05:38 PM
Were you even aware that your friend put mouse ears on you?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Cd's about to disappear? - 12/05/11 06:19 PM
Snakes go by sense of smell. Maybe he smelled like a rat. "I smell a rat."
© Axiom Message Boards