Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/24/11 08:07 AM
We are (after a couple months of research) getting our daughter a chameleon. We've read and researched several different kinds and it looks like we are settling on a female Jackson's chameleon. The size is better for us, and they are hardier than something like a Senegal.

Anyone ever own one of these critters?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/24/11 01:00 PM
Wow, I thought this was going to be a Charles thread.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/24/11 02:56 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
We are (after a couple months of research) getting our daughter a chameleon. We've read and researched several different kinds and it looks like we are settling on a female Jackson's chameleon. The size is better for us, and they are hardier than something like a Senegal.

Anyone ever own one of these critters?

Careful, Nick, you could scare the Xmas crap out of her. Afterall, you never mentioned that she asked for one.
Now there's a Cristmas morning surprise photo we'd all love for you to share!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/24/11 03:28 PM
Yeah, she has actually done most of the research, filling us in, and then I verified the information as best as I could after she went to bed every night. No need in tipping her off to it.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/24/11 08:13 PM
Cool, then just checking. I mean, if she asked for a pony...

Seriously, Nick, post a pic of her with it and we'll see if we can find it in the photo.

Have a great day with your family!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/26/11 02:40 PM
Nick! How'd lizard Christmas morning go at your house? Pics, please!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/26/11 04:15 PM
She got the cage and some accessories from us on Christmas morning. Money from my parents on Christmas eve, and this morning she is opening the rest of the cage stuff. We are out of town, so right now she just has a picture. We expect to get the actually critter on Thursday.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/27/11 03:46 PM
Cool idea. One lizard---12 days of Christmas,

After Thursday, I do hope you post a pic of the newest member of your household. I'm so Holiday-bored already by pics of everyone's cats, dogs, and children.

Personally, I would take a pic of him laying on an untouched pizza.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/27/11 05:06 PM
just as long as one remembers to remove the chameleon before cooking the pizza. LOL
Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/27/11 05:58 PM
Gee, Dad! How come there's a piece of charred okra in the middle of the pizza? And Zoe's out of her cage!
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/28/11 05:31 AM
Cool Nick. I always wanted a Chamelion. Of course, I want to house it in a 1,000 sq foot greenhouse...
Posted By: davidsch Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/29/11 05:32 PM
No chameleons here, but I did own a green iguana for a couple of years. It was a great pet that was easy to care for. Hope that she enjoys it.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/29/11 07:17 PM
Here is a picture from a couple of minutes ago with the chameleon in her new home...

Posted By: BobKay Re: Anyone ever have a chameleon for a pet? - 12/29/11 08:14 PM
She IS amazing. Why, it's almost like her picture is in two threads at the same time! I knew about their color-shifting thing, but that's a spectacular defense mechanism.
© Axiom Message Boards