Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/12/12 10:24 PM
Anyone own one of these?

I'm looking at acquiring a narrow crown stapler to install some sheething over OSB before laying down concrete board for porcelain tile and also 3/4" hardwood flooring in other rooms. I've looked at a few of the name brands and the Porter Cable and the Ridgid both look good. Haven't checked out the Hitachi yet(should be alright) and although I love my Bostitch nailers, I'm not sure I like their stapler which uses non-standard 7/32" wide staples.

What say Ye? (prices are roughly the same for most decent staplers)
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/12/12 10:29 PM
My vote:

Posted By: Adrian Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/12/12 10:33 PM
It's left-handed. No good for me.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 12:08 AM

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 12:50 AM
I do alot of subfloors and own a BeA stapler. It's from Germany(and expensive) but it has never miss-fired or jammed in the ten years I have owned it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 01:24 AM
I would go with either the Ridgid or Porter Cable, both are very good brand names with good warranty if you should ever need it. The ridgid of course has the Lifetime warranty provided you sign up for it; wish I did that for my cordless drill, I am on my secodn battery packs and my original warranty runs out next year frown
Posted By: michael_d Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 04:53 PM
I use the PC. When I was looking for a narrow crown stapler, the PC has a wider range than the others (length). It's a nice tool and I use it a lot. I like the 1/4" 18 gauge staples.
Posted By: Murph Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 05:54 PM
Cat, thanks for visualizing the exact, first phrase that popped into my head when I read this thread's title.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 06:35 PM
Adrian: I'd go with the Porter.

I expressed my satisfaction here when I brought back my 18-month old Ridgid 12v lith driver and they just gave me a whole new kit. The new one died a few weeks ago, at 6 months (both times, the trigger function).

Now, the deal is that they will repair it for me for free. It's a 4-week (min) turnaround, so I had to go and buy another one (NOT Ridgid), to use while I wait.

It's like a 7-year power-train warranty on a 1980's Chrysler product.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Narrow Crown Staplers - 01/13/12 06:40 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. As it stands right now, I can get a much better deal on the PC so I'll probably go that route. They both have very good write-ups though.
© Axiom Message Boards