Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Heading North - 02/01/12 09:02 PM
I got the OK from Noreen so tomorrow I'll be taking the wife's Fit to get my VP160, M60s and other assorted bits and pieces. That certainly will answer the question "Will it fit in the Fit".

I'm bringing the camera and will try to share my journey. Keeping in mind everyone up there is very camera shy.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Heading North - 02/01/12 09:18 PM
Great, Wayne! I will look forward to the pictures. Have fun!
Posted By: Wid Re: Heading North - 02/01/12 09:30 PM

Nice! Have fun and be safe Wayne.
Posted By: fredk Re: Heading North - 02/01/12 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: FordPrefect
I got the OK from Noreen so tomorrow I'll be taking the wife's Fit to get my VP160, M60s and other assorted bits and pieces. That certainly will answer the question "Will it fit in the Fit".

I'm bringing the camera and will try to share my journey. Keeping in mind everyone up there is very camera shy.

Enjoy the drive and don't forget the IV drip for the new Timmies extra large. Might also help to review the video Murph posted on ordering the new sizes.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Heading North - 02/01/12 11:47 PM
It's about 300km (180m) each way, the only downside is the parking lot called the QEW/401. With any luck it's about a 3.5hr drive, might be a little longer as it's the bosses car and I'd better treat it with respect.

I love driving so I am really looking forward to it.
Posted By: RickF Re: Heading North - 02/01/12 11:52 PM
Wayne remember..

Pics, or it didn't happen.

laugh

Have a safe and fun trip!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 01:13 AM
*ahem*

Wayne, this is a perfect opportunity to make multiple trips in the Corvette. Seeing as how you're only gonna fit one piece in the car at a time. . .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 03:42 AM
Drive safe Wayne and I am looking forward to those pics.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 02:46 PM
Well lets see ......what can go wrong?

1. Leaving bank; managed to find Ancaster's deepest pothole.
2. Tire blew out.
3. Called for roadside assistance.
4. Tire changed, got back home, thank god I called for help and didn't try to use the pos jack that came with the car.
5. At 10 I can leave for Costco to see how good their roadside hazard warranty is.
6. Get an alignment (It hit very hard, only about 10kph but it was a vertical face of about 5")
7. Did I mention it is my wife's car?

Emailed Noreen and called it all off, will have to go next week. I'm sure she is devastated to the point that she is simply giving VP160s away. I suggest you order today.

On the positive side, I did have a camera so I got LOTS of pictures. I phoned the property management company and left a message. Note to self, breath, do not hold.

Did I mention it's my wife's car?

the adventure continues......

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 02:51 PM
That sucks Wayne.

But thanks for the VP160 "giving them away" tip!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 02:59 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
That sucks Wayne.

Ditto. Thank goodness you weren't hurt.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 03:46 PM
'tis the Curse of the Dock Spiders I tell you!!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 04:07 PM
You were sooo lucky that it wasn't YOUR car!
Posted By: Adrian Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 04:26 PM
I have 10-ply on my truck...only a mutant dock spider could puncture those.
Posted By: Murph Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 04:37 PM
That sucks Wayne!
Beats just damaging the tire and having it explode unexpectedly at highway speed later on though.
Posted By: RickF Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 04:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
I have 10-ply on my truck...only a mutant dock spider could puncture those.

Wayne I believe Adrian just volunteered to make the delivery for you, what a freaking nice gesture and a totally awesome guy!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Posted By: alan Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 05:02 PM
Ford,

Check the weather for Barrie, Bracebridge, and Huntsville, whatever day you're planning to head North.

I was up at Axiom last weekend doing some listening tests and an overnight blizzard buried my car in 3-ft drifts. "Chunk", one of the Axiom guys, literally lifted the front of my aging CRX out of the snowbank and sent me on my way.

I drove down on Sunday in blowing snow to Barrie, then it cleared up and was sunny all the way.

Sorry to hear about the huge pothole. I once hit one leaving New York, and I'm sure it broke my front right spring. There was a terrible thud, but no misalignment, tire damage or other symptoms. A mechanic later pointed out the broken spring.

Good luck on the next trip.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: casey01 Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 05:06 PM
Better to spend the money and get on the 407 from Burlington to the 400 and avoid the traffic.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 05:21 PM
Wayne, I'd contact Ancaster's city hall and see if they'll reimburse you. I know they do in Toronto, and the same applies to Ontario highways. You just NEED photo evidence, which you obviously have.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: alan
I was up at Axiom last weekend doing some listening tests

Hmmmm....a QS-10 now?

You don't have to say anything, as I'm sure you're not allowed to. I'll just spread the rumor on the assumed QS10! grin
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 07:16 PM
Cam, it was on private property, the tire (only 3 months old) was replaced free by Costco, the tow truck was free, my only expense is getting the alignment checked. Not worth taking them to court over that. Well it would be if it didn't involve spending $$$ to recover $.

Alan I think I'll try Monday, it's going to be a very warm (for Dwight) 1c. I'll check the weather radar jut to make sure there is nothing coming in off the lakes.

No matter what it has to be a better day than today.

...now I've really cursed myself smile
Posted By: alan Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 09:44 PM
Mark,

Nope, no QS10 or QS anything. Really interesting tests, however. I ain't sayin' nothin' (which means I must be saying something. . .)

And just because I feel sorry for the deer in the deep snow outside Ian's place doesn't mean I'd turn down a nice venison filet!

Cheers,
Alan
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: FordPrefect
Cam, it was on private property, the tire (only 3 months old) was replaced free by Costco, the tow truck was free, my only expense is getting the alignment checked.

Oh, okay. Glad to hear it wasn't an expensive repair.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Heading North - 02/02/12 09:54 PM
And just because I feel sorry for the deer in the deep snow outside Ian's place doesn't mean I'd turn down a nice venison filet!

But, for every deer that becomes a filet, that's two deer that won't starve to death over the winter.

Bren R.
Posted By: CV Re: Heading North - 02/03/12 12:28 AM
Nope, no QS10 or QS anything. Really interesting tests, however. I ain't sayin' nothin' (which means I must be saying something. . .)

More interesting than a bigger surround speaker would have to be... the mystery device. Did the listening tests consist of being a sounding board for naming a certain device?
Posted By: fredk Re: Heading North - 02/03/12 12:48 AM
I'm with you CV. Does anybody have Alan's New York address? I say we send Bob up there to ambush him for the full story.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Heading North - 02/03/12 04:42 AM
Originally Posted By: fredk
I'm with you CV. Does anybody have Alan's New York address? I say we send Bob up there to gambush him for the full story.

Fixed.

Gambush is the term for a gay ambush. It was first uttered in reference to the little known retaliation - by gay revolutionaries - to the police raid of the Stonewall Inn in 1969.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Heading North - 02/03/12 07:02 AM
Fedex is looking better all the time!
© Axiom Message Boards