Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BlueJays1 Favorite Apps Thread - 02/05/12 01:59 AM
I have been addicted to Super Stickman Golf the past few months. So much fun.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noodlecake.ssg

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/super-stickman-golf/id397049430?mt=8

What apps are you rockin'?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 02/05/12 04:38 AM
Where's My Water? was quite addicting. I just beat all the levels, but now I have to go back and get all the duckies on the levels where I didn't get all three. smile I looks childish, but it's a lot of fun.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 02/05/12 04:12 PM
I've been meaning to download that game. It's always in the 1st quartile of apps smile.

Jelly Defense is another good game and has some nice visuals. Definitely worth playing if you are into defense games.

https://market.android.com/details?id=pl.idreams.jellydefense

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/jelly-defense/id436134867?mt=8

I have high hopes for these platforms. This is where we might see the most innovative games in 2012.
Posted By: CV Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 02/05/12 05:50 PM
Nice trailer on that one.
Posted By: Murph Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 02/06/12 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
Nice trailer on that one.

Better than.......The Notebook????

I'm still bitter.
Posted By: CV Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 02/06/12 07:32 PM
Ha ha. Come on. I didn't fully embrace the movie. I was just surprised I didn't hate it completely. I agree that certain elements of the story do a fine job of undermining the rest.
Posted By: CV Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 10/14/13 06:24 AM
What Android apps are you all using lately? I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), so I'm looking at getting the most out of it.

It's amazing how snappy it is compared to the one it's replacing. I don't even need my first-gen Kindle Fire anymore. I'll probably pass that on to a friend with kids who can use it to play games. I'm thinking I may get a Google Nexus 10 2 (or other 10" tablet) for assisting with cooking (pull up recipes, watch instructional videos), as well as maybe using it as a universal remote with Touchsquid software.

The Android software I actually seem to use on a daily basis are the basics like Gmail, Facebook, Alarm Clock Xtreme, Google Play Music, Words with Friends, and the annoying Candy Crush Saga. Yelp every once in a while. Poweramp when I've actually taken the time to transfer some music to my device. I figure I'll finally use Google Drive on occasion. Someone suggested Any.do for day planning, which seems like something that will come in handy.

I don't want to go crazy, but I'm curious what apps you're finding essential these days.
Posted By: Murph Re: Favorite Apps Thread - 10/15/13 12:10 PM
Does Minion Rush count?
Along with the normal stuff, I've bee getting a lot of mileage out of the following that you may not consider 'the norm'. I use the HD versions where possible as I have a 10" tablet.

"Groove IP" when I travel. Free VOIP to POTS calls over Google Voice.

"WindGuru" Wind speed & wave predictions and tide tables. Has data for the exact bay & ocean area that I kayak/sail in even though its not by a major city, like normal weather apps are limited to.

"Perfect Viewer" The only decent comic book reader that let's me read books off my MicroSD card and keep track of which ones I've read. I think a 7" tablet might be too small though. If your interested in comics on a 7" or phone, use Comixology where it supports viewing one frame at a time.

"EverNote" OK, it falls under 'the norm', but I use this for so many things now, I don't know how I got along without it. Includes add-ins like "Evernote Web Clipper" and "Skitch".

Multiple Cloud Storage Apps.

"Urban Spoon" hasn't let me down yet for finding great restaurants when travelling. Because you know you will never find the best international food on Main Street.

I use multiple recipe finding apps but I keep the ones I test and find worthy in "Paprika". I just like the layout.

I forget which Squeezebox controller I settled on. I miss iPeng though. I wish it wasn't Apple only.

"mSecure" password manager. Supports Dropbox so my passwords sync across all PCs/devices.

"SwiftKey" I like the split left/right keyboard screen for thumb typing in landscape mode and once I got used to keeping an eye on the prediction box, it does save you a lot of key presses.
© Axiom Message Boards