Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Blu Ray Boxes - 03/04/12 11:43 PM
I just had a crazy idea that I think I am going to follow through on. I am going to throw away all of my Blu Ray plastic containers and just keep the discs in a binder.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/04/12 11:44 PM
a nice leather one.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 12:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
I just had a crazy idea that I think I am going to follow through on. I am going to throw away recycle all of my Blu Ray plastic containers and just keep the discs in a binder.

Fixed it for ya. grin
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 12:30 AM
I did that for a while (saved the boxes, but put them in the attic). I kept things alphabetized with a table of contents at the front. It was pretty handy. Except for when people wouldn't put them back where they belonged or when I ran out of empty slots for certain letters. Then I had to shift all of the movies after that point to make space.

I think that someone probably makes a binder where it holds the case cover (just the paper) and the disc(s). That would be nice too.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 02:21 AM
I am going to take a deep breath and "recycle" them.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 02:57 AM
I prefer leaving them in the cases and on shelves in the home theater room.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 03:35 AM
You are stuck in a paradigm. smile
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 03:46 AM
I shifted from Paradigm to Axiom. Now that's what I call a paradigm shift.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 04:01 AM
Part of the attraction of the home theater is when guests like to browse through my titles. Flopping through a binder could risk damage to the movies. I guess a printout would be fine though.
Posted By: Murph Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 12:41 PM
I find more risk of danger occurs when trying to get them out of certain plastic containers. Some are designed well while others sometimes make me feel like I'm going to scratch or break something.

I'm a binder person. I searched for a good one with soft linings and bound so that it actually still works when it's full. I also now have almost my entire collection digitized. I keep the binder close at hand if I want to not be paranoid about compression on certain movies. A few I splurged on when I digitized them and they remain at the full 30+ Gb .mkv files so that I have a few demo material concerts and movies at hand with the click of a few buttons.

I still have all the cases stored away to contain the "extra" disks and booklets I don't feel the need to have close at hand.
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 05:41 PM
So how much space do you leave throughout your binders to allow for insertion of new titles to keep them in alphabetical order?
Posted By: Murph Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 05:57 PM
order? order??????
Have you learned nothing about me??? hahahah

My system is as follows.
Movies start at the front, concerts begin at the back. When they meet in the middle, I'll need a new binder.
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/05/12 06:23 PM
I guess it wouldn't be too difficult, but my collection expands and contracts more than most. I'd need multiple binders from the get-go. I'm going to try one out for a small part of my collection and see how I like it.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/06/12 02:50 AM
I won't use alphabetical. Movies I watch a lot will wind up in the front.
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 06:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I'm a binder person. I searched for a good one with soft linings and bound so that it actually still works when it's full.

I should have asked when you posted this, but which binder did you end up with? I already ordered a Case Logic, so hopefully it works out okay, but now I'm curious what you're using.

I'm also trying this out to possibly use for my computer-related discs.
Posted By: Murph Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 01:49 PM
I can't recall. I'll try to remember to look at home tonight. Key word being "try". I suck at remembering 'at home tonight' tasks.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 02:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I can't recall. I'll try to remember to look at home tonight. Key word being "try". I suck at remembering 'at home tonight' tasks.

That's why God made forearms and Sharpies!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay

That's why God made forearmsheads and Sharpies!

Fixed it for ya. The hard part is learning to write backwards.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 03:51 PM
Mark, then you have to remember to always have a mirror, too!

Before any of us begins to learn to write backwards, I think there are some spelling issues around here we need to address first. Then we'll cover sentence diagrams, then...

See, now we've derailed two threads. I apologize for Mark's involvement.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 03:59 PM
When I take a break from the Crystal Meth, I WILL always have a mirror around!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 04:10 PM
Derailment.... I don't care. I am still reveling in the glory of two of my most successful posts ever: Hotel Style Bathrobe and Blu Ray Boxes.
Posted By: Murph Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/07/12 04:25 PM
Speaking of derailments and Blu Rays which sounds like Blue Jays.......

Since he refused to change his avatar, I felt compelled to improve it. I thought the gentleman in the picture seemed better suited to a Mojito but it still bothered me so I did some plastic surgery as well.

Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/08/12 03:05 AM
I have been laughing fore 3 minuets now!
Posted By: Argon Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/08/12 12:18 PM
I have been laughing fore 3 minuets now!

I like Beethoven as well - but don't usually find him funny?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/08/12 02:11 PM
grin
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/08/12 02:28 PM
I prefer Beethoven over MostArts.
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/09/12 05:32 AM
Originally Posted By: CV
I should have asked when you posted this, but which binder did you end up with? I already ordered a Case Logic, so hopefully it works out okay, but now I'm curious what you're using.

I wouldn't recommend the Case Logic binder I picked up. It's a real pain undoing it to rearrange pages, which would be an issue for me since I would go for alphabetical order. There has to be an easier one out there. Also not terribly impressed with the pages themselves. They'll work, but I doubt they compare to the nice ones Murph was talking about.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/09/12 06:16 AM
maybe these?

http://www.disk-store.com/product-information/dv-1010-more-details.html
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/09/12 06:48 AM
CV,
I am going to get the single sided single cd inserts from the above company and find my own binders. I do not want cds to share an insert front and back and I don't want to save or store any print media.
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/09/12 06:53 AM
Let me know how it works out!
Posted By: Murph Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/09/12 12:31 PM
Told you I would forget. Sounds like you found a good one anyways Charles. Mine does not allow for rearranging pages so it would not suit your needs anyway.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 03/10/12 07:07 PM
I needed to change my order from the company in the above link. I got really good customer service. If anyone is interested, they have free samples. They are right on the order page.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 04/10/12 03:19 PM
Here is an update to my little project.

It was a little hard to throw away all the cases but I did it. I was really happy to free of them but did not love my solution. The vinyl sleeves I bought were really good but did not suit my need. They are a little too "industrial".

I wound up putting them in paper sleeves and a 5 dollar cardboard box. I love it. When the sleeves get dirt I'll just get new ones.

Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 04/12/12 02:18 AM
Here is a picture of the vinyl jackets I will not be using. I want to give them away.
PM if you want them. First come first serve.

USA only, I'll pay the postage.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 04/12/12 02:35 AM
Here is a picture of the vinyl jackets I will not be using. I want to give them away.
PM if you want them. First come first serve sleeve.

USA only, I'll pay the postage.

Gee, she's away like, what, 3 days, and the foreign mail-order catalogs are out already, again?! You muddling through OK?
Posted By: CV Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 04/12/12 03:54 AM
I wound up putting them in paper sleeves and a 5 dollar cardboard box. I love it. When the sleeves get dirt I'll just get new ones.

I like your solution, by the way. Simple, cheap, and easily organized. I'm not sure what my big plan is yet, but I'll have to consider your idea when the time comes.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Blu Ray Boxes - 04/12/12 04:38 AM
Cv,
I am so happy with this. Thank you.
© Axiom Message Boards