Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North My Next Build - 04/05/12 12:49 AM
So since i have a new yamaha reciever in my bedroom and a 50 inch plasma and a 4 day weekend coming up i decided to make some new L&R's to go with my vp100 center. I calling them an M16 . 1 tweet,1x 5.25 and a 6.5 .I drew them in sketchup but i made a copy to put here. I will update as i progress for anyone that may be interested.

Posted By: INANE Re: My Next Build - 04/06/12 06:37 PM
Look forward to it
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Next Build - 04/06/12 06:59 PM
That is a speaker design I and many others have asked Axiom to make for many years now, a small(ish) 3 way design. I think this should strong down to 60-70 hz range or at least sound like it is with a minor bump in the FR much like the M3. I have been tempted to modify my M22s to accept the 6.5" driver and make my own crossover but I never could convince myself to potentially ruin my M22's. Looking forward to hearing about this journey.
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:12 AM
If this turns out looking anything like the last speaker I know you'll be happy.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:16 AM
Richard, I am looking forward to watching your next project!

(that means you have to keep posting pics as you progress)
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:21 AM
I am quite excited about this myself. I got the pieces cut but have to wait for my circle jig to arrive . Unfortunately its goin to be a couple weeks. Should have a few pics later on tonite or sometime tomorrow. I have the veneer on hand, and will order my crossover stuff on monday.
Posted By: Wid Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:23 AM

Looking forward to the end product.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:24 AM
Ha ha, I was just kidding you about the pics (not really), didn't want to put any pressure on you!

wink
Posted By: merchman Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:26 AM
Looks like a good plan Richard. Are you planning to have a port in the back?

That doesn't sound good, does it? blush

grin

Looking forward to the finished product! smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:42 AM
Top hole is port and bottom is speaker terminals.

Posted By: dakkon Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 12:45 AM
When i buy a house, i would like to build speakers as a hobby... i look forward to your progress updates.
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Next Build - 04/07/12 02:01 PM
I have a diy build waiting for me...home reno's take precedence unfortunately.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/08/12 01:54 AM
Whoa, what a weekend, good thing its 4 days. Put the tranny i rebuilt in the kids truck friday, fixed brakes saturday and managed to get a bit done on the new speakers. Made one hell of alot of sawdust. The end pieces were a real biotch,made 10 or so to get 4. Need table saw bad. I took a couple pics though really its nothing to look at.

Posted By: dakkon Re: My Next Build - 04/08/12 02:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Need table saw bad.

Yeah, a table saw is pretty much imperative... You could always get one from Harbor Freight, if you have one near you?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/08/12 02:25 AM
No Harbor Freight here, i live in northern canada.So far the way i am doing it is working fine but really time consuming. I have all my cut done now so im good to go. I have a small shop but at the moment my kid has a snow machine in pieces and my MC is in there and a bunch of junk. The weather is improving, and with gas prices what they are the MC will be pressed into action soon. Then i can get in there and get organized and then get a saw.Also its kinda sketchy buying big equipment living in a rental.
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: My Next Build - 04/08/12 07:56 AM
Quote:
[/quote]I took a couple pics though really its nothing to look at.[quote]

Stop being so modest, will ya. It's a great start,keep up the good work.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/18/12 01:14 AM
Im bored so here i am. Not much to report,i have the frames built for the M16's .I am also building a sub, it will have 1 x 10 inch driver and 2 passive radiators with a bash 300 amp.Its a kit from creative sound in BC. The box will be painted black using base clear. Im in the holding pattern as the circle jigs i ordered are enroute, i ordered a router from amazon and a roundover bit from the US and speaker cloth from simply speakers in the US. Here are some pics of the frames and my sub box.

Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/20/12 11:52 PM
New router showed up today,but no circle jig. frown Oh well yard cleaning etc i guess

Posted By: INANE Re: My Next Build - 04/23/12 04:38 AM
My router is prob 30 years old, maybe older! heh
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/28/12 02:06 AM
i hope my router lasts that long. wait a second i wont last that long eek

Put together the new crossover for my center channel last nite. Came up short on one resistor so its in the holding pattern. should be interesting to see if i can notice a sonic difference.

Posted By: INANE Re: My Next Build - 04/30/12 03:21 AM
nice clean layout, too bad you'll never see it again

I have to say for reasons like that plexi glass speakers are pretty cool.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 04/30/12 04:49 AM
yeah i wont see it again but i know it's there just the same. I spent considerable time laying it out so one component would conect to the other without jumpers though i had to make a couple. I considered learning to make circuit boards but thats just more than i care to learn.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 05/01/12 01:36 AM
My jasper jig showed up today so its full steam ahead. If you want to cut a hole this is the ticket. It is so slick. Damn weekend is too far way . Oh yeah Its on baby.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Next Build - 05/01/12 02:24 AM
That's no jig. It's a space station.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: My Next Build - 05/01/12 10:26 AM
grin
Posted By: Murph Re: My Next Build - 05/01/12 11:34 AM
Almost spit out my coffee Peter, almost.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 05/04/12 04:12 AM
For anyone thats watching, i have the speaker cloth on and the crossovers built ,just waiting for some terminals to arrive.

Posted By: dakkon Re: My Next Build - 05/04/12 06:43 AM
My jasper jig showed up today so its full steam ahead. If you want to cut a hole this is the ticket. It is so slick. Damn weekend is too far way . Oh yeah Its on baby.

Did you get a different router? That looks like a Harbor freight router...

Or, did you borrow the photo from someone else?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Next Build - 05/04/12 12:41 PM
For anyone thats watching, i have the speaker cloth on and the crossovers built ,just waiting for some terminals to arrive.

Looks good so far, Richard. I like the clean layout of the crossovers.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Next Build - 05/04/12 02:33 PM
its a photo i nabbed off the internet. Router was in the shop blah blah blah grin
© Axiom Message Boards