Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph An annoying but effective online add. - 06/11/12 04:35 PM
It made me go from, "Whatintha?" to "Grrr" but it captured my attention so it did it's job.

Try going to Wired.com today and watch what happens to the headlines at the top of the page.

For those who read this after it may have gone away, plus it doesn't do it every time, maybe just your first time... here is a spoiler.
Click to reveal..
The headlines all get sucked into a swirling vortex that then becomes an add for Roomba vacuums.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: An annoying but effective online add. - 06/11/12 04:38 PM
Nothing here. I don't have flash in my primary browser, but my secondary doesn't do it either.
Originally Posted By: Murph
It made me go from, "Whatintha?" to "Grrr" but it captured my attention so it did it's job.

Try going to Wired.com today and watch what happens to the headlines at the top of the page.

For those who read this after it may have gone away, plus it doesn't do it every time, maybe just your first time... here is a spoiler.
Click to reveal..
The headlines all get sucked into a swirling vortex that then becomes an add for Roomba vacuums.

I see what you mean!
Posted By: medic8r Re: An annoying but effective online add. - 06/11/12 04:57 PM
Meh, I've seen worse. I really hate those rollover ads. I'm often unintentionally rolling over them, and half the time, it takes more than one click to [X] them out due to a moving target.
© Axiom Message Boards