Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/28/12 05:33 PM
Hello great gurus of all things file-related;

I'm trying to figure out if there is any possible way to rip karaoke CDs to iTunes and be able to view and select the songs via a tablet running Airplay . . . is it possible that that isn't possible? Or is it that my app selection is very limited here in Canada? Anyone tried anything like this? Even without iTunes, but another media management system?

Thanks!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/28/12 09:12 PM
Don't tell me you stumped 'em?

At the next get-together, I can demonstrate my karaoke prowess. But only if it's the B-52's. I can only channel Fred Schneider.
Posted By: Amie Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 09:59 AM
LOL - it's a deal! And if you decide to develop an app with my brilliant idea in a clearly underserved market, sign me up as your first buyer!
Posted By: Murph Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 12:19 PM
If you are just trying to play the music without vocal tracks then my Google search for "CD+G to MP3" resulted in at least one piece of software that would allow you to rip most karaoke tracks into regular MP3s that can be used via iTunes. I'm hesitant to mention or recommend it though as I know nothing about it. You will find it under that search phrase though.

If you are trying to keep the on screen lyrics intact then there are many programs to rip the CD+G format on your karaoke disks into MP3+G that can be used with several iPad/Pod/Phone karaoke Apps. (Note: It's the "+G" part that contains the graphical lyrics.) However, I do not know if these apps are compatible with air play.

Not completely unstumped, but it's a start.
Posted By: Amie Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 04:39 PM
Thanks Murph - that gave me a nudge for sure. I'm finding some apps - now just have to get one that will let me play the tunes through the big system, but have the convenience of scrolling through them remotely. I'm on it!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 06:43 PM
We expect videos of your performances on youtube.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 07:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Amie
Thanks Murph - that gave me a nudge for sure.

Nudge, Nudge, wink wink, Say no more...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/29/12 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that they don't post those kinds of videos on youTube.

Because I checked.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/30/12 08:34 AM
we have this:-

http://mywaykaraoke.blogspot.com/2012/03/myway-3d-karaoke-system-video-clip.html

and the new version can use iPad/Android to control the song selection, just without the fancy pictures.
Posted By: Amie Re: Anyone Into Karaoke? - 08/30/12 11:07 AM
Thanks for the link! It looks like you have to buy the entire karaoke system to get the software - is that right or am I misunderstanding?
© Axiom Message Boards