Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Concert blurays? - 09/14/12 01:57 AM
Any suggestions for good quality concert blurays? I've got the Dave and Tim and John Mayer blurays that sound fantastic. Can anyone reccomend something else on par with these?
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Concert blurays? - 09/15/12 01:30 AM
David Gilmour's "Remember that Night"... Very recommended. Includes songs with David Crosby and Graham Nash that provides amazing harmony.

Posted By: terzaghi Re: Concert blurays? - 09/15/12 02:37 PM
Thanks, looking it up on amazon now!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Concert blurays? - 09/15/12 02:49 PM
David, don't forget this thread that you were involved in!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Concert blurays? - 09/15/12 03:39 PM
Thanks for the link. Good memory... I knew there was a thread somewhere
Posted By: cb919 Re: Concert blurays? - 09/16/12 01:03 AM
I still recommend the Chris Botti Live in Boston that I mentioned in the other thread. Additionally I would add Porcupine Tree 'Anesthetize' Bluray, amazing audio in that one as well. I think it was Rockhead that pointed me to that one - thanks!
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Concert blurays? - 09/16/12 12:03 PM
I'll go ahead and throw another one in for consideration. Within Temptation, the Pa'dam Choir, and the Metropole Orchestra provide a feast for the senses. Put these three components together and you'll behold a wide and glorious stage. Plus, the LFE is spot on. For me this parameter can be a deal killer. If this is not done well I'll give the disc away or use it as a beer coaster.

Posted By: Murph Re: Concert blurays? - 09/17/12 01:57 PM
Nice Fireguy! Good timing too, I ordered it from amazon.co.uk last week. It should be here any day now.

For anyone interested, at the time it was about $3.00 cheaper after conversion and shipping from the UK and they normally seem to ship across the ocean at least as fast as Amazon ground.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Concert blurays? - 09/18/12 02:17 AM
Sting - Live in Berlin
Peter Gabriel - New Blood

Both with great PQ and AQ
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Concert blurays? - 09/18/12 03:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Nice Fireguy! Good timing too, I ordered it from amazon.co.uk last week. It should be here any day now.

For anyone interested, at the time it was about $3.00 cheaper after conversion and shipping from the UK and they normally seem to ship across the ocean at least as fast as Amazon ground.

Murph - this is one great BR concert, good choice. Sharon den Adel does a tremendous job...just inspiring throughout the entire concert.
© Axiom Message Boards