Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Wii U? - 12/03/12 03:16 AM
Anyone out there have one? I see the new remote screen can double as a TV remote anyone using it this way?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Wii U? - 12/03/12 05:13 AM
Mine won't be opened till Xmas morning.

TBH, I can't imagine that the TVii function could be as truly functional as my Harmony One but I could be pleasantly surprised. I went to the WiiU private event w/ low expectations and not expecting to buy one. That changed after my hands one w/ the games and graphics.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U? - 12/03/12 06:35 PM
I have one. Nintendo land is a blast and deceptively tricky. Super mario brothers is extremely fun. The remote function is pretty useless, as I can't power on my receiver or change inputs. It can turn on my tv though....
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wii U? - 12/04/12 02:50 AM
Thanks for the input, I like Oldskool, won't have one to play with till Christmas morning. My 9 yr old was asking for it, in fact it is the only thing he has been asking for. I had a chance to try one out in the store with Rayman - Legends and it was quite fun and the graphics are very crisp and clean, can't wait for the new Zelda on this machine.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U? - 12/04/12 03:49 AM
The mario chase game on nintendo land is a blast with a group of 4-5. Donkey kong crash course is extremely challenging and a fun single player attraction. i also like the zelda attraction, and metroid blast is pretty fun too.

I beat mario, and am now working on collecting all of the star coins. Many of the levels are tough...

I'm lookin forward to monster hunter 3 wii u and of course zelda when it comes out. Going to probably get skyward sword on wii from the wife for Christmas.

Wii u is very fun so far. I don't think it will compete with the next Xbox in terms of graphics, etc. but is a must have for nintendo exclusives and innovative game play. I haven't owned a nintendo console since N64, and then NES before that.

Let me know if you have better luck with the remote than me, but I think its functions are pretty basic.
Posted By: fredk Re: Wii U? - 12/04/12 06:18 AM
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I have one. Nintendo land is a blast and deceptively tricky. Super mario brothers is extremely fun. The remote function is pretty useless, as I can't power on my receiver or change inputs. It can turn on my tv though....

Is Nintendo land good enough to be considered a full on game?

My son is interested in the Wii U, but the games he really wants don't come out for a little while. The Pikmen and Zelda games will certainly whet his appetite for the full games.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Wii U? - 12/04/12 01:57 PM
I have to admit, when I was watching E3 Super Mario Bros U looked awesome. It was one of the games that caught my eye.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 01:11 AM
The "mini games" are quite challenging and more ivolved than one would think. That being said, they still are a package of 12 games bundled into one. Nintendo land should hold him over for a while, but don't expect the attractions to be on the scale of a full game.
Posted By: fredk Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 02:43 AM
Thanks David. Hmm, Looks like the first game my son will be interested in is Pikmin 3, but that's not coming until March. Might be interested in Rayman Legends.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 02:54 AM
I I played the Rahman legends demo at GameStop and was impressed enough to probably buy it when released. I have not played any of the other games in the series, but it seemed fun and is the type of game my wife would enjoy.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 02:59 AM
Legends isn't due out till March as well. I want to try Black ops or something like that on it.
Posted By: fredk Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 05:52 AM
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I I played the Rahman legends demo at GameStop and was impressed enough to probably buy it when released. I have not played any of the other games in the series, but it seemed fun and is the type of game my wife would enjoy.

Is he Rayman's Indian cousin? wink I played Raymen 3 on the gamecube and it was fun. Well, except the final boss (damn disappearing platforms). I was quite disappointed when they went to the mini-game format for the next release.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wii U? - 12/05/12 11:44 PM
one of the cool features I think on black ops is the ability to play zombie mode in two player, where instead of split screen one person gets the TV and the other gets the gamepad.

I have black ops II on 360 so can't comment on the wii performance personally though.
© Axiom Message Boards