Axiom Home Page
Posted By: INANE McIntosh - 01/18/13 04:23 AM
McIntosh: Made in the U.S.A.

I thought it was an interesting story. I've always known about McIntosh since my dad owns their first series transistor amp. My uncle happens to owns a McIntosh tube amp. Of course they used to argue about which was better. laugh
Posted By: chesseroo Re: McIntosh - 01/21/13 07:06 PM
Mcintosh amps, bloody big, equally expensive.
Pretty lights.
Posted By: INANE Re: McIntosh - 01/22/13 07:24 PM
Ya they are expensive but they don't break either!
Posted By: dakkon Re: McIntosh - 01/23/13 01:50 AM
I have Krell amps. A few of mine are from the 90's.. Which doesn't seem "that" old.. Point being, the higher end American made products are made to last, also both of these brands are made by hand to a large extent..

I tried to get a Mcintosh 2 channel amp at an auction 2 weeks ago.. However, there was another person there that bid 75% of new retail, and i was completely unwilling to go that close to retail for an auction item... This same individual had winning bids all (8 or so) of the Mcintosh amps at the action...
Posted By: cb919 Re: McIntosh - 01/23/13 11:28 PM
Speaking of pretty amps, I happened across these Canadian built amps at a local shop just before Christmas:

http://www.classeaudio.com/delta/photos/index.htm

Surprised I'd never heard of them before - still living in an audio bubble I guess. The sales dude gave me a quick demo hooked up to B&W 800 Diamond speakers. Hi-def female singer jazz track (forget her name) singing "Let it rain". The result was mesmerizing. I actually need to go back and get the name so I can buy the disk. Easily audition material.

Cheers from a freezing Chicago!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: McIntosh - 01/23/13 11:32 PM
I thought Classe was Australian. Shows how much I know.
© Axiom Message Boards