Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mpyw Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 09:50 AM
and they took my 1st Gen 60GB PS3 that is backwards compatible with PS2 games and with SACD support!!! and both my Sony 3D specs as well!!!

sigh....when police done with the fingerprints and all, it's 3am and they can't get anything as those bastard were wearing gloves!!!

ARRRGGGGGGG..........!!!
Posted By: Murph Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 11:05 AM
That certainly sucks. My condolences. If there is a positive, at least no one was hurt in the process. Material things can be replaced.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 12:22 PM
I know how it feels. My apartment was broken into back around 1980. Stole my audio setup with Bose 901's, and a pistol. Police got good prints. I sent detectives after who I suspected with no luck. Fire at police station destroyed the prints and paperwork. Before all this was computerized. Later, I determined it was the couple living in apartment beneath me. No insurance.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 12:56 PM
So sorry to hear this.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 01:18 PM
That sucks, indeed. Hope things go better for you.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 01:33 PM
Hopefully good things are following.....they took away all my watches also frown
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 01:47 PM
That DOES suck! I'm sorry to hear it!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 02:27 PM
I wonder what robbers do when they break into a house and find a camera recording them?
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 03:07 PM
Not only does it suck, it's an eerie feeling knowing some stranger was roaming around your home going through your stuff. Sorry to hear it. I hope they get caught!
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/19/13 05:33 PM
The trouble is today, at least where I live in western Canada, these crimes are now so common that they are considered to be relatively minor. Unless the authorities catch the bad guys in the act, good luck in having any meaningful investigation. The system seems to consider thefts as just 'stuff'.

Because of this, many people don't even report these crimes anymore because it is mostly futile. Therefore, because of less reporting, the authorities swear that the crime rate statistics are dropping. This is supposed to make us all feel better - not! - because even as the great unwashed, we know better...

TAM
Posted By: mpyw Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/20/13 02:43 AM
The cops told me even with the recorded image, even with their face, it's very difficult to find them unless if we recognise them crazy
Posted By: Murph Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/20/13 01:28 PM
If you have a good facial image of him, post his pic on a community based Twitter feed and ask for help identifying him. Worked for a friend of mine. Plus, he deserves it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/20/13 04:11 PM
which is why I'm considering installing DIY wireless security system from simplisafe.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Darn! My house got broken into.... - 03/22/13 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: mpyw
Hopefully good things are following.....they took away all my watches also frown

I would have took desperate measures like notifying the pawn shops and other stores of the model of watches and other stolen goods to look out for in case they are stupid to unload them locally. That would get them on camera at least.
© Axiom Message Boards