Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tomtuttle Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/25/13 05:53 PM
I set up a basic, 12-team Fanstasy Football league for any board members that would like to join. Just for fun. Obviously, we'd need to draft before Thursday. Hope to get 10-12 of you to share this experience with.

It's on the ESPN site and is called "Axiom Boards FFB".

Here's a link.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1133233

C'mon!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/25/13 06:00 PM
I am drafting for my first fantasy league today. Give me a year to see how I like it...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/25/13 08:53 PM
You'll learn twice as much, and have double the fun by joining another league, Nick.

The one league I've been in for several years drafts tonight, too.

Oh, well. Just thought I'd put it out there.
Posted By: onn Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/25/13 09:05 PM
The season is half over! Isn't it kind of late now?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/26/13 07:13 PM
Not Futbol, Mel.

Oh, CFL? D'oh! Right. Sorry.

Yes, I'll admit my initial query failed to adequately respect the utter irrelevance of the NFL to my Canadian friends.

That said, I'll bump this thread one more time, and clarify that the regular season doesn't actually start until September 5, so we have ~9 days to assemble participants and conduct a draft if anyone is interested.

Apparently, I finally found The One Thing Axiom Forum Members Don't Care About. Huh. Who knew?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/26/13 07:28 PM
If it were NBA, I might give it a go. I did rotisserie basketball in the early 90s with some success. I named my team the Crunchy Frogs, after the Monty Python skit.

I enjoy college football but am NFL ignorant, so I'd not add much value, I'm afraid.

However, the REAL reason I'm declining is that I know how addictive and time-consuming these things are, and I already need more hours in the day NOW. Please note that I was single and childless when I did rotisserie basketball.

You got a name picked out yet?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/26/13 08:19 PM
My Name is Inigo Montoya.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/26/13 08:28 PM
STOP SAYING THAT!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/27/13 01:09 AM
Yeah - MY fantasy about football this year is to hear a bunch of loud popping noises as the Steelers pull their collective heads out of their butts and play them some FOOTBALL!!!

Nez pa, Inigo?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/27/13 01:14 AM
I'd hate to see the wicked hickeys on the Steelers' foreheads after that maneuver.
Posted By: Murph Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/27/13 12:06 PM
Actually, a lot of Canadians watch American football. I for one, prefer it. I will admit that with just three downs, there is just too much back and forth in the CFL. It results in more passing plays, which I like, but it still doesn't even out because the defense has adapted to it. one, two kick, one two kick.....

Sadly though, I never find the time to watch either league much so I can name only a handful of superstars or the old crusty veterans. It would take me forever to develop a team. If I can actually find time to get a starting lineup in there, I'm in. However, I'm very doubtful I'll be able to get to it. I suppose I could just just pick from a ranking site for now, but I hate to do that.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/27/13 02:32 PM
It's supposed to be fun. No worries. I think The Gods (or at least my Axiom brothers) are trying to tell me that one team this year is enough.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/29/13 01:00 AM
CFL is NOT football.

From,

A Canadian
Posted By: Adrian Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 08/29/13 03:31 PM
Average time played in a football game is 11 minutes.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 09/17/13 07:53 PM
Tom, how's the fantasy team?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 09/17/13 11:23 PM
He's busy convincing everyone in the league that Kate Upton in shoulder pads is a legitimate player.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 09/18/13 12:33 PM
<duplapost - sorry>
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Fantasy Football Anyone? - 09/18/13 12:40 PM
Good one, Sean.

Well, I only have my one team, since I was unable to coax enough of either you guys or my FB friends to invest the necessary time to amuse me further.

That team is one of only two 2-0 teams in our 12 person league at the moment, so I feel fine.
© Axiom Message Boards