Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/27/13 09:55 PM
RIP SRV

Nice pic - I've always been a fan but never saw that one before.

Yup, I remember that sad day well. I have always wondered how he would have matured & grown as a musician like Eric Clapton has in his senior years - like a fine cognac...

TAM
Posted By: BBIBH Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/27/13 11:41 PM
I saw him about a week or two before he died. Hamilton Ontario was the venue, he was opening for Joe Cocker, and was excellent.
Posted By: fredk Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/27/13 11:52 PM
Nice picture. I was listening to a show on SRV on the way home from my Dad's on Sunday. The guy was amazing!

You can listen to it here.
IMHO, Joe Cocker should have been opening for him, ha!

TAM
Originally Posted By: fredk
You can listen to it here.

No. I can't. Canadian audience only. frown Damn, I would have liked that a lot!
Posted By: Murph Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/28/13 12:08 PM
Thanks for the link Fred. Looks like a rainy lunch day today so something to listen to instead of my usual walk.

Mark, you could use a VPN service to appear like you are in Canada. You would probably be the first person to VPN into Canada instead of out of it.
Posted By: ArthurC Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/28/13 12:46 PM
Listening to Tin Pan Alley in honour. Sounds really good on the M100's.
I can only listen to that on my M60s. You're hearing it "40" better!
Posted By: ArthurC Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 08/28/13 01:55 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
You're hearing it "40" better!

I have no basis for comparison as these are the first Axiom speakers I've ever heard. However, the bass presence is phenomenal. I love the airy feel to this song and others like Gravity by John Mayer and Come Away With Me by Norah Jones. All sound fantastic.

/a
Even though a few of the biggest SRV fans no longer frequest these boards, I have to share what I think is the best performance of Texas Flood I've ever seen.

Jesus, I miss Stevie. When he was around, it was when I was passionate about music.
Posted By: Adrian Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 04/30/14 11:21 PM
He left us some great music, that's for sure. Music these days(to me), seems "plastic" by comparison.
Posted By: real80sman Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 05/01/14 12:26 AM
If by plastic, you mean shit, then I agree. (Or would it be than?)
Posted By: Murph Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 05/01/14 12:10 PM
Before you write off the entire world of modern music, try staying off the TV & radio, avoid the big corporate labels and explore what a lot of the youthful, up and comers are doing on the tiny, maybe even local to you, recording studios.

At least around here and for the last bunch of years, there has been a lot of new artists returning to an emphasis on 'real songwriting' verses writing for the big record companies.

It might take some exploration, but it is out there. I won't make any recommendations because music is so subjective, I don't want you to negate my advice just because you don't like the genre roads I might go down.
Posted By: BobKay Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 05/01/14 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I won't make any recommendations because music is so subjective.

Andrew, you know how fond of you I am, but I have to say you're wrong about that.

Whenever you, or anyone else is feeling subjective about music, or anything for that matter, always, always, always call me first.

I can help erase all of your phobias about subjectivity. It's a myth actually. Look, I can't really explain it to your here, because of international laws, bu
Posted By: Murph Re: 23yrs ago today.....we lost a legend! - 05/02/14 11:52 AM
Am I going to get the scientific lecture about the human brain responding to pattern recognition or the "all music except mine is crap rant?"

or the "I'm an artist so I understand what 'real' music is" self masturbation?

or maybe the caring, "don't undervalue your opinion speech?" Yawn.

Actually, I'm not mean enough to truly be saying those things to you. I am, however, sly enough to try and bait you into spouting out the rest of your explanation.
© Axiom Message Boards