Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 12:03 PM
Water is still very warm and the temperature is still nice but the fall winds have hit and that means I soon have to think about pulling the boat up from the shore because eventually a good north wind will bring the tides up too close for comfort to where I park my boat.

Not the best pic. Sharon took it from her camera phone but I think it might be the only one we ever took of the boat on the water this year. I'm still in the shallows so the rudders are not fully down yet, if your wondering why the rear tiller bar looks uncomfortably high.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 01:29 PM
We'll have to remember to schedule the Axiom get-together during sailing season. I haven't sailed for at least 10 years. frown
Dan't sail with him, Peter!

His rear tiller bar looks uncomfortably high!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 03:27 PM
It's nice to know that, in troubling times like these, Mark's got your back.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 04:17 PM
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 04:20 PM
Is this what you were doing instead of eating lunch, Peter?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 04:29 PM
I was trying to get something working that involved code, hence tunnel vision and missed the first 15 minutes of lunch. Then I just said "screw it", worked and played for 15 more minutes and then got lunch at my desk.
Murph might be the coolest guy I know.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 05:10 PM
OK, ya. Re. The crossbar. That was more on my mind than of any relevance to anyone. Probably because if I'm sitting on the port side, I can still barely lift my elbow that high with my frozen shoulder.

While I'm at it.
In a public rebuttal to the email from someone on this board accusing me of looking like a "boring old blowboat highbrower", here is a clip of the same boat at 20 knot winds.

Jump to 50 seconds in or so to avoid the preamble.
Hobie Cat sailing - Speed

It's not me. I don't own a waterproof vidcam. If it was me, there would be a lot more crashes. This guy is an awesome cat sailor. I love 20 knot winds but admittedly can't push it as far as he can.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle

Bud, I luv ya, but you really need to get out more.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 05:51 PM

Rest of the Axiomites: HEY!?!
Hey, I said "might".

Anybody else got a boat? If so, can anybody else launch it from their front yard?

Well, those were today's criteria, anyway.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 07:24 PM
laugh

I knew you'd invoke the "might".
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/09/13 08:36 PM
Hey, I said "might".

Anybody else got a boat? If so, can anybody else launch it from their front yard?

Well, those were today's criteria, anyway.

Yes to the first question.

If it rains real heavy, the sewers get clogged in front of our house, about 1 ft deep. Technically not deep enough for my fishing boat...but...
I have a minivan.

By some criteria, I can state that yes, I can drive a boat from right by my front door.

Every.....friggen....day, mind you! smile

I keeed, I keeed. I LIKE my van! smile
I've always wanted a friend with a boat.

And - I've already typed this once today - ain't nothin' sexier than a minivan.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/10/13 12:58 PM
I'll agree with the mini-van thing but only if it's being driven by a soccer Mom. Sorry Mark.
And you're sure that I'm NOT a soccer mom? It's been a few years since you've seen me!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hope this isn't the last of this season. - 09/10/13 02:32 PM
I gotta say, when Mark stepped out of that minivan wearing yoga pants, my jaw fell to the floor.
Well, to be fair I was twerking and my tongue was all over the place....
© Axiom Message Boards