Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 03:22 PM
Hi All,

My Dad just bought an iPhone 5-something. No matter what ring tone or volume level he sets, when an actual call comes in, it only vibrates. Any thoughts?

Scott
Posted By: Ken.C Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 03:23 PM
Stupid question: is the physical switch on the left side flipped so it's showing orange?
Posted By: Murph Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 06:44 PM
Negative Orange???
Posted By: a401classic Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 06:46 PM
I sent the link to my dad... waiting for a reply. May be an effort in futility. He keeps sending texts to land lines instead of cell phones...
Posted By: a401classic Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 07:07 PM
Yes, the orange is showing. Is that the problem? The salesman installed the case before it left the store, so the switch can't be seen....
Posted By: a401classic Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 07:09 PM
Hallelujah! It worked! Thanks! This is what happens when Walmart employees try to sell Apple products.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 07:38 PM
It's true that they're not all Geniuses. grin
Posted By: Ken.C Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/02/13 11:52 PM
The case covers the mute switch? Return the case, it's not appropriate for the phone.
Posted By: a401classic Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/03/13 12:46 AM
Well, yes and no. It's covered, but there's a flip window in the cover over the various port and switch locations... My dad was not shown any of the features of the phone, and we don't own any yet, so we didn't know [where] to look. Unfortunately my dad bought the iPhone (could have been any smart phone, wouldn't matter) because he was increasingly frustrated by his call/text only phone. Not being technology-friendly, any smart phone will be even more trouble for him, I fear. To complicate the issue, they are homeless for the moment - having sold and moved out of their house in LA and still in escrow on the house they are buying, so he used our email address as a reference point - which has totally messed up our apple id because the rest of our equipment is apple - apple thinks the iphone is ours... so now we have to untangle the logins and passwords.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/03/13 12:46 AM
Yeah, get a new case!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/08/13 01:01 AM
...but NOT at Walmart!
Posted By: Murph Re: iPhone help needed. - 10/08/13 11:57 AM
Or from the guy with the monkey on the corner. The guy may be honest but the monkey steals your watch.

Don't ask me how I know this.
© Axiom Message Boards