Axiom Home Page
Posted By: exlabdriver My Backyard - 02/24/14 10:03 PM
This video is a little artsy-fartsy, but it is nice visually with some good sound:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XHC9D11xA4c?feature=player_detailpage

It doesn't look like that today though - it has been +1C for 2 days with non-stop heavy, wet snow & it is still coming down - very tough driving. My palm tree has about a foot of snow on it so far, ha!

Enjoy...

TAM
Posted By: Ajax Re: My Backyard - 02/24/14 10:54 PM
Absolutely LOVED the video, TAM. Beautiful, both visually and aurally. I just happen to enjoy artsy-fartsy and they did it very well smile .
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: My Backyard - 02/24/14 11:56 PM
Jack:

Glad you enjoyed it. Still heavily snowing...

TAM
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 01:11 AM
Very beautiful, Tom! Thank you!

Caught a glimpse of Washington State in there, too wink

All of that certainly felt familiar and comfortable to me, as many of the images would be as applicable to Tacoma or Port Angeles as to BC. We live in a beautiful part of the world.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 01:54 AM
I took this literally, thought you were goin to show us your BC bud. smile Nice video though thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Murph Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 12:43 PM
Very nice. Really makes me want to go back to the west coast for another vacation. It really is a special part of the country.
Ocean, rivers, mountains, rain forest, a multitude of cultures, all in the same vicinity. It truly has it all.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 04:52 PM
I had to watch that twice. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 06:37 PM
I'll show it to my son this evening.
He's getting teased at school because "only girl play the piano". He knows better but it still bugs him.
I think this will be inspirational.
Great post.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 07:25 PM
teach him to fight
Posted By: Ajax Re: My Backyard - 02/25/14 11:12 PM
"ONLY GIRL PLAY THE PIANO"???????????????

Somebody better tell Billy Joel.

Tell your son to stick with it. He will reach an age where girls will start to notice and like. grin
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/26/14 02:44 AM
He just quit going to karate last night.That said he's not punching/following through when he throws. We'll be working on that soon.
His younger brother picked up on it the first time (little bugger, I have to be careful when we're rough housing).
I haven't encouraged my oldest to be physical beyond standing up for himself when the time is right. He's got a nasty habit of letting things pile up inside and one day blammo...I fear for the kid that corners him.
He's only in grade 3 but he's had his dads handsomeness since birth. Girls are the least of his concerns..
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Backyard - 02/26/14 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
He just quit going to karate last night.That said he's not punching/following through when he throws. We'll be working on that soon.
His younger brother picked up on it the first time (little bugger, I have to be careful when we're rough housing).
I haven't encouraged my oldest to be physical beyond standing up for himself when the time is right. He's got a nasty habit of letting things pile up inside and one day blammo...I fear for the kid that corners him.
He's only in grade 3 but he's had his dads handsomeness since birth. Girls are the least of his concerns..

I was just messin with ya. Kids don't need to be fightin over that sort of thing especially in grade 3. Sounds like the other kids are jealous. If he has talent he should stic with it. I wish I could play an instrument, thank god for stereo's.
When my kid went into grade 8 , there was one boy that just had to bug him, pushing him into lockers and such and I advised he just ignore but the kid didn't let up so I said next time just smack him. Well he gave the kid a bleeding nose and never had trouble after that.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/26/14 09:23 PM
Same here. We gave him permission to defend himself and a week or so later he popped.
The two of them are now good friends.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 02:01 AM
I think Obama and Putin should do that. Just get together and kick the shit outta each other LOL.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 04:22 AM
I'm not sure that would go to well for Obama.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 04:26 AM
Well, if he had a certain brand of Nabisco crackers, he could put...

(super duper)
Posted By: BobKay Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 04:33 PM
A prof once told me that a pun could be so bad that it becomes sublime. That's not one of them, but it is bad enough to be pretty good.
Posted By: BobKay Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Ajax
"ONLY GIRL PLAY THE PIANO"???????????????

Somebody better tell Billy Joel.

...or Elton John, or Barry Manilow, or Liberace...or me! (Boy, that IS some pretty grotesque company, ain't it. And I ain't even countin' Walter, I mean, Wendy Carlos.)

Seriously though, have him continue with piano, then take up bodybuilding. In the future, when anyone disses him, he can hit them hard---with the piano.

Maybe that's just hindsight and projection on my part, so never mind.

Seriously, seriously:

When you're 25 and you find yourself at a party, and no one knows you play, and there's a piano, and then you sit down and play, play well, anything, your chances of "everything" go way up. People really do understand what discipline and time it took to learn how to do that. Learning music helps your academic performance, too.

And remind him that girls DO play piano, just never as well as boys! (tick, tick, tick,.......

One thing's for sure, "girl" really are better spellers.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 05:18 PM
We need the Peter Boyle soundtrack to go with it.
Posted By: medic8r Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 06:16 PM
Super-duper!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 06:51 PM
What about that BC bud?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: My Backyard - 02/27/14 11:53 PM
The only 'Bud' that I touch is in a can/bottle from a US brewing company.

Actually I prefer MGD or Corona if I'm drinking 'imported' beer...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: My Backyard - 02/28/14 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
The only 'Bud' that I touch is in a can/bottle from a US brewing company.

Actually I prefer MGD or Corona if I'm drinking 'imported' beer...

TAM

Lowenbrau is imported beer, I don't think you can classify MGD as beer let alone imported. grin Weak American piss in a can LOL
Posted By: brwsaw Re: My Backyard - 02/28/14 06:34 AM
I like MGD. 3 in quick sucession more specifically. Then I sip.
Posted By: Argon Re: My Backyard - 02/28/14 12:23 PM
I told you guys earlier, AMB - haven't heard it called piss yet and it ain't weak.
© Axiom Message Boards