Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 02:35 PM
Happened at our exit off the 400... 96 car pile-up.
Posted By: Murph Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 03:08 PM
Wow! What a mess. Glad to read there was no deaths.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 03:55 PM
Yep, at "Innisful" just south of Barrie. In this kind of weather at this time of the year you wouldn't catch me near that highway especially up in that area. Adrian, you obviously know that geography well, a lot of flat land and farmers fields where if the wind picks up "whiteouts" can occur with little or no warning especially on a very busy highway with lots of truck traffic which can always be a potential recipe for disaster.
Posted By: alan Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 04:04 PM
Yikes! Amazing pictures. That section of 400 near Barrie has always been scary in the winter. Guess I won't be driving up to visit Axiom until spring. I've also had terrible winter driving experiences on the 401 in Oxford County near Woodstock years ago.

Alan
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 04:16 PM
See, this is the flip side of y'all making fun of us for closing civilization when we get 2" of snow.
Posted By: Argon Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 05:51 PM
Yup. Got back down to 25 F last night. Won't be back up to 60 until Sunday. Reports of potential Sleet tonight - maybe 1/2 inch. The Brine Trucks were out yesterday laying brine on the main thoroughfares.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 05:52 PM
-49c with wind chill tomorrow.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 06:53 PM
Our forecast this weekend in the Peg:

Today

Clearing early this afternoon. Blowing snow in outlying areas. Wind north 20 km/h increasing to 40 gusting to 60 this afternoon. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 37.

Tonight

Clear. Blowing snow in outlying areas early this evening. Wind north 40 km/h becoming northwest 20 overnight.
Low minus 35. Extreme wind chill minus 50.

Saturday

Sunny. Wind west 20 km/h. High minus 26. Extreme wind chill minus 49.

Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 08:19 PM
Yet I am way way up north and we haven't had snow in probably 6 weeks and today its -10 and it has been even warmer at times. That crash was unreal, amazing only minor injuries . With traffic as heavy as that it only takes one person to slow down and tragedy ensues.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 08:38 PM
Chess, did you ever think maybe Nature is trying to tell you to live somewhere else?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 08:51 PM
Honestly, I have know idea how anyone puts up with Barrie. He sounds like a total jerk with no regard for people's property.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 10:18 PM
What's Canadian for "slow down when it snows"?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 02/28/14 11:01 PM
Mr. Socketman (subs on the bus) is at 60.7 degrees latitude, 10 full degrees north of the one and only Chesseroo.
Odd how the north is feeling the temperature rise the fastest.
Its the extremes that concern me. -10/+10 mid winter would be great. 49(50)below, not so much. I'd call in sick if I could.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
Mr. Socketman (subs on the bus) is at 60.7 degrees latitude, 10 full degrees north of the one and only Chesseroo.
Its the extremes that concern me. -10/+10 mid winter would be great. 49(50)below, not so much. I'd call in sick if I could.

Br I got not idea WTF your talkin about LOL. Today its up to -3 and I haven't seen skies this clear for quite some time and we are on our 4th day .

Br I see you just got the PS4. I got one for the kid at Christmas and it just sits and does nothing as does my XBone. I had to buy another PS3 cause that's all he uses, there are no decent games yet and all his friends have PS3's only a coupld got PS4 for christmas
Posted By: onn Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 01:02 AM
This afternoon our windchill was -43C. I forgot to check this morning what it was but there was murmuring at work of -50C. The temp is supposed to drop to -37C without windchill. Fun times!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 07:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Originally Posted By: brwsaw

Br I got not idea WTF your talkin about LOL. Today its up to -3 and I haven't seen skies this clear for quite some time and we are on our 4th day .

Br I see you just got the PS4. I got one for the kid at Christmas and it just sits and does nothing as does my XBone. I had to buy another PS3 cause that's all he uses, there are no decent games yet and all his friends have PS3's only a coupld got PS4 for christmas

I think its odd that you're (correction) 40 degrees warmer than guys way further south than you.
PS4 was free so I accepted the offer.
Just played need for speed and I am quite happy with the game.
Crs...its all good.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Chess, did you ever think maybe Nature is trying to tell you to live somewhere else?

I'm working on it Tom.
I already hear the west coast calling. It may just be a matter of time.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 07:10 PM

I went back to the link of the crash photo's and read through some of the comments posted about the accident. All the professional drivers and arm chair Quarterbacks always seem to be available . Whatever the cause or reason ,the only thing important is no one was seriously injured ,everything else is just STUFF.

Ahhh well between this post and your other one in "to what extreme" I managed to deduce that the sub is on its way to you on the Big Grey Dog. CRS = Cant Remember Sh*t grin Its good you enjoy doing the tweaking, I got all the stuff together to use REW but so far have not felt compelled to use it, I like what I have. Now if I had a dedicated room where I could add bass traps and wall treatments , that's a whole different ball game. Congrats on the ps4, free is good. What I was really pointing out is that for kids , they need a good selection of games since they play endlessly and manage to complete the games so quickly. I don't game myself, those days are gone , I am more of a hand's on builder fixer kinda guy.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Ray3

They have more than one official language of government up there, Ray, so who knows?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/01/14 08:14 PM
Seriously, in these kinds of accidents that are chain reaction, the guy that caused is seldom any where around. Some clown panics hits his brakes, the result of which is not realized till much further behind him.The reason a semi is usually involved is because most drivers view them as nothing more than a nuisance and don't give them the respect they deserve. Until we stop giving everyone that has the ability to breath a drivers license we will see this more and more.
Posted By: Murph Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/03/14 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: Ray3

They have more than one official language of government up there, Ray, so who knows?

It's a radio announcement stating the following......
"One final cancellation just in. The Provincial LCs (Liquor Commissions) will delay thier openings by two hours today with a further announcement at 11:00."
Posted By: BobKay Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/05/14 01:30 PM
Yesterday was the birthday of the US's oldest bar---Boston, 1634. Boston also has the highest yearly expenditure on household alcohol in the US--about $850 per year.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/05/14 07:52 PM
Bob's motto: It ain't braggin' if it's true.
Posted By: Murph Re: Mr Snowmiser's Revenge - 03/06/14 01:57 PM
© Axiom Message Boards