Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Axiom in Print - 03/01/14 12:41 AM
So tonight I was making my dad's famous sloppy joe recipe, and while the meat was browning, I started flipping through the latest (April 2014) Sound & Vision magazine.

Page 30 starts an article titled: Subwoofers The Guts and the Glory

Cool, so I start skimming the article (I am making supper after all, and on page 33 I see a face that I recognized:

Yup. Upper right is Andrew Welker from Axiom. Right in the mix with other big hitters like Ed Mullen from SVS, Chris Hagen from Velodyne, and Dr. Poh Hsu from Hsu Research.

Nice!

Now I will really have to read this article, but first I need to get back to making sloppy joes.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom in Print - 03/01/14 01:35 AM
Where is my S&V dirty rotten so and so's I say.

oh and don't tell us how it ends, no spoilers dude.

This is just great , now I am going to have to go to town and buy the magazine since it didn't show up in the mail. eek
Posted By: Crimson Wrath Re: Axiom in Print - 03/01/14 05:56 AM
That's cool seeing the faces of some of the masters of audio in the industry now. You read emails and posts in forums from some of those guys and you get a picture in your head of what they look like, then seeing the actual pictures can be a surprise.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom in Print - 03/01/14 07:42 AM
Yes, and all of them among the good guys in an industry that also unfortunately has a share of snake oil merchants.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom in Print - 03/02/14 06:11 AM
John, what you said just made me think. Subwoofers seems to be the segment of the audio industry that is producing the smallest amount of snake oil.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom in Print - 03/02/14 06:05 PM
This get's me wondering why Andrew , who is a subwoofer guy has not made any changes to Axioms subs thus far. I have not heard an Axiom sub so I don't know if they need changing . Maybe he has something up his sleeve .
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom in Print - 03/02/14 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
This get's me wondering why Andrew , who is a subwoofer guy has not made any changes to Axioms subs thus far. I have not heard an Axiom sub so I don't know if they need changing . Maybe he has something up his sleeve .

He did redesign the amplifiers of at least the DSP subs.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Axiom in Print - 03/03/14 03:20 AM
Richard, he completely redesigned the amps from what i understand.

there was this video posted last september.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/subwoofer-amplifiers-sourcing-and-building-a-robust-amp/
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Axiom in Print - 03/03/14 05:32 AM
As I've said before, it would be a real accomplishment to improve the EP-400's performance as a small, musical sub, IMO.

The only way would be to dramatically reduce its price; however, I think that it is worth every penny just the way that it is - that's why I bought a second one...

TAM
© Axiom Message Boards