Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Most gorgeous car ever created? You betcha! - 03/28/14 06:29 PM
The Pagani Huayra, is, quite simply, special. Not only stunning, but a stunning hypercar! I now have a new favorite car.

Do yourself a favor and watch this video that showcases it's beauty, then watch Top Gear take it for a spin.

Peace
I see its appeal, but inside is too "Buck Rodger" for me. It is a VERY impressive machine (as was the Zonda) though and I don't blame you at all for liking it...a lot. grin
Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_Pimp
The Pagani Huayra, is, quite simply, special. Not only stunning, but a stunning hypercar! I now have a new favorite car.

Do yourself a favor and watch this video that showcases it's beauty, then watch Top Gear take it for a spin.

Peace

The car that came to mind before I opened the thread after I read the title was the Pagani Huayra. I am of the same opinion.
When I reads the title, I thought it was gonna be one of these:

The inside is absolutely hideous. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Outside, though? Eh.
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Outside, though? Eh.

Difference of opinion and all that, but, you're wrong!
Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_Pimp

Outside, though? Eh.

Difference of opinion and all that, but, you're wrong!

The 2012 Pagani Huayra is what I use in Need for Speed: Rivals. My favorite in the game.
Hey, Cam!! I didn't recognize your new name, but I finally "got" your avatar. Duh!

I see that your opinionated self is alive and posting. I'm very glad for that.

xxoo,
GOD

Why would you want a mute girlfriend? She may never be able to say, "F-off, a-hole, I'm leaving for good!," but she can't say, "Oh my God, Oh my God, yes, yes, yes!," either!
Eye of the beholder and all that.
Tom, according to my sources, there are currently no US Diplomatic Corps positions available, so just stop it! OK?
My way is not very sportsmanlike.
The craftsmanship is simply amazing. Even if someone does not like the appearance, to not see the level of detail that went into this car, would suggest the person is either blind or completely lack of appreciation for craftsmanship.

It is far from being my favorite though..... I never have liked the mid engine, gullwing door, bubble car look.
Agreed. Cars like this (and the Koenigsegg) are very capable and well built but looks wise...not for everyone. There are more beautiful cars out there imo.
Originally Posted By: michael_d
The craftsmanship is simply amazing. Even if someone does not like the appearance, to not see the level of detail that went into this car, would suggest the person is either blind or completely lack of appreciation for craftsmanship.

It is far from being my favorite though..... I never have liked the mid engine, gullwing door, bubble car look.

I don't deny the craftsmanship. It is a visually striking car, no doubt, and I'm sure it is finely crafted. It just looks like the highly skilled craftsmen got a bit carried away.
I agree with you Peter. Sometimes too much is simply that, too much. If I had a couple hundred thousand to blow on a car, I'd be looking at one of the Aston Martin's. They have the body lines that is appealing to me.

I don't deny the craftsmanship. It is a visually striking car, no doubt, and I'm sure it is finely crafted. It just looks like the highly skilled craftsmen got a bit carried away.
I agree with you Peter. Sometimes too much is simply that, too much. If I had a couple hundred thousand to blow on a car, I'd be looking at one of the Aston Martin's. They have the body lines that is appealing to me.

I postulate an Alpha Romeo 8C would tickle your guys fance?
If I had to pick an Alfa it would be the Disco Volante.
Yeah, Cam; the 8C was what I call gorgeous.
Carrera GT.
Or the 918 Spyder.

Or hell, even the (original) Cayman.
Nominations still open? My choice, 1989 911 Speedster
/Jeff
I like 8C, but not as much as the Aston Vanquish. http://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/cars/the-new-vanquish

My "dream car" is the 427 AC Cobra. Always will be.
Love the current Aston Martins. And Jaguars. And - oh Gawd - those Alfa's. I can't really find fault with any of these observations, and enjoy the opportunity to ponder automotive art with all of you.

I'll always be a sucker for Jaguar E-type and Corvettes, especially the C3. Late-1950's Testa Rossas, too.

But art IS *subjective*, right?

For my own part, the rolling sculptures that I find most beautiful usually include some individual components for at least the front wheels. I just like the opportunity afforded to the artist to sculpt and integrate more components into the whole. I like the idea of celebrating the four wheels, whereas modern cars are typically completely cohesive, with allowances made for the wheels.

For instance:

Bugatti Type 57

Mercedes 540k
Nice, Tom.

I guess my dream car would still be the BMW Z8 of a little over ten years ago:

May not be super sexy, but I would drive this anyday:

1967 GT500 Eleanor
Feel of riding is much better...:)
Mike, as a fellow Aston Martin fan, I wonder if you've done the same double take each time you see a current-generation Ford Fusion on the road.

I know Ford owned Aston Martin for a while there. Looks like they heavily "borrowed" from the design team for some trickle-down luxury before divesting of the company. I know that if I owned an Aston, I'd be pissed.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-f...rtin-50553.html
I haven't actually made the connection between the Fusion and the Astin, but now that I see the two together, it makes sense. I have always kinda liked the Fusion, from a general - grocery getter / family daily driver type perspective. If I needed a car for that purpose, the Fusion is what I'd own. But, where I live, with my lifestyle, my daily driver is a 4x4, 3/4 ton Ram with the Cummins.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed the Astonization of the Ford sedans. I think the Taurus has some flavor of it as well.
You forgot to to include the Kia Optima, which looks just like both of them.

The Staties are now using unmarked Fusions on the hgwy. So sneaky.
I like the look of the Fusions too...more the front end than the back. I never noticed the Aston connection before, though.
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
I think the Taurus has some flavor of it as well.

I haven't seen a Tauras for a while, but the ones in the early 2000s were Jaguar inspired. Or maybe it was the Jags were Taurus inspired.
Oh, right. Mixing up my high end Brits. Still, the new Taurus has an Aston flavor, too.
Yes it does. Looks like it flips the grille upside down:

And so, the thread for the most gorgeous car ever created has been hijacked to the point that I'm posting pictures of Ford sedans.

I'm helping!

You're welcome!
In the 70's, the Ford Grenada was a direct Mercedes (design only) rip-off and they even promoted comparison! "See how much less the Granada costs,?" as if...

They would interview married couples who had "rid themselves" of their expensive Mercedes' and they each bought Grenadas, or the Merc version (Monarch?). 1975, maybe, remember, no? Well, soon I won't either.
Ha! The old man is right!

And their resale value is the same, right? smile
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Ha! The old man is right!

Just wanted to be sure that everyone could see it. It won't be long before ALL I remember is 1975!
© Axiom Message Boards