Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dustinmitchell Buy and Sell - 06/06/14 03:11 PM
Any thoughts of adding a Buy and sell forum to this site? They really helped the other 2 main Audio forums grow...I realize this is an "Axiom" site but it might be nice to trade, buy or sell other products to use with our Axiom gear... Obviously I am new to this site and could be completely out of line. Just a thought.
Posted By: Murph Re: Buy and Sell - 06/06/14 03:48 PM
They get messy fast and there are tons of other places to do that
already. Why invent another one?

Just my personal thoughts. I'm happy here without one.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Buy and Sell - 06/06/14 05:35 PM
I'm with Murph. It would compete with the forum sponsor, increase maintenance, incur liability and is a commercial problem already solved elsewhere on the internet.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Buy and Sell - 06/06/14 06:53 PM
Canuckaudiomart or audiogon

Leave the buy sell where it belongs imo. Not here. Forum trading is lame and threads become meandering wasteheaps fast. My 2cents
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Buy and Sell - 06/07/14 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
Canuckaudiomart or audiogon

I've used both in the past.
For the most part i've found sellers/buyers to be true audiophiles. I probably just haven't come across a bad seller/buyer yet, but concurrently, it seems almost every eBay ad i place runs into some issue that makes it more work than it's worth.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Buy and Sell - 06/07/14 06:49 PM
I just bought a DSpeaker Antimode off canuckaudiomart, my first purchase there and the fellow I dealt with was fantastic. He had only 4 feedback but all said the same thing I experienced. I use paypal which allows at least a sense of security should I not receive my item. I have always had good luck on ebay with 262 transactions not one that I recall was a problem.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Buy and Sell - 06/07/14 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
I have always had good luck on ebay with 262 transactions not one that I recall was a problem.

My last two sells:
1) newbie buyer wanted to back out of the auction after ending; luckily 2nd chance offer worked but that person took about 3 weeks to send payment!
2) had ad listing the shipping rate to U.S. would be actual value yet a bidder places highest bid before checking what the cost would be; item was bidding at $90 at the time but shipping would have been about the same (it was a larger item; 40 lbs) so he whined about it and i went with a 2nd chance offer (a plus that eBay has it now)

[sigh]
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Buy and Sell - 06/07/14 07:04 PM
I am quite sure there are many problems on ebay for both seller and buyer alike. I have been really fortunate I think. I am carefull about reading feedback before I buy to see if its legitimate gripe or just whining about shipping. Shipping is always a concern as some sellers seem to have access to better rates. Lucky for me there is nothing on ebay I have to have, just wants smile so I easily carry on if the conditions don't suit me. My biggest gripe with ebay is the US dollar bs , they really sting you on exchange. I applied for a US dollar visa with my bank and they turned me down but on the same day my CC limit was raised , go figure. I don't sell much from where I live , the shipping is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Usually 10lbs or less is ok.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Buy and Sell - 06/07/14 07:18 PM
I don't sell much from where I live , the shipping is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Usually 10lbs or less is ok.

Ya i feel for you.
Did some research work up there years back. I know how long the haul can be. When a head of lettuce costs $4....
Posted By: AAAA Re: Buy and Sell - 06/08/14 12:46 AM
I've had geat experiences as a buyer and seller on canuck. Still have to be cautious dealing online, but mostly avid audiophiles there in my experience too.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Buy and Sell - 06/08/14 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I don't sell much from where I live , the shipping is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Usually 10lbs or less is ok.

Ya i feel for you.
Did some research work up there years back. I know how long the haul can be. When a head of lettuce costs $4....

Not sure when you were up this way last but the food prices are now quite reasonable though with all the tourist and a burgeoning population it can be trying to get all the products you go in for.
© Axiom Message Boards