Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MMM So what are you planning to do for fathers day? - 06/10/14 01:32 AM
The only person you can truly trust is yourself, and sometimes that can be questionable. So it fathers day this weekend, and what are you planning to do for yourself?

I would like to spend the say relaxing, with a nice cold beer and listen to music. But sadly I know I can't. My room is no closer to getting done that it was last week. My new speakers are still sitting in a box. I still have not ordered interconnects to hook them up and know that even if I ordered them tomorrow, they still would not make it in time for the weekend. I have run out of beer and my car need some serious work as now the ABS, Break Light, 4WD indicator lights are all on and it smells like burning plastic.

I think I will spend fathers day in bed hiding under the covers so I can avoid all the responsibility.
Plan to do: Nothing
Will actually do: Mow the grass, and about half a dozen other projects that my family needs me to do.
How come this is sounding like the gripe thread?
It isn't a gripe. I'm fine with getting stuff done actually.
This year, Americans will spend $7 billion less on Father's Day gifts than they did on Mother's Day gifts just last month.

6 out of 10 respondents said they would just give a card. Do they make a Father's Day card out of bacon?

I knew there was a connection between Father's Day and gripes!
Personally, I am good with not spending money on me (as a father) for father's day. I get to do enough fun stuff throughout the year with all of my hobbies (which of course cost money), that I get plenty of "stuff." Now, getting time to take a nap on a Sunday afternoon, THAT would be a gift.
In my family populated by females, I'm always the last one to know what my plans are for me. Normally turns out good though...

TAM
There'd better be some presents.
© Axiom Message Boards