Axiom Home Page
Posted By: brwsaw The good stuff - 06/11/14 03:39 PM
Nickbuol had a good idea.

I'll start.

This morning my youngest son(5)woke up on the wrong side of the bed. While sitting at the table staring at his lucky charms I decided I wanted a marshmallow. He wasn't eating them!
He immediately smiled, grabbed his bowl and moved to the opposite end of the table and started eating. Guardedly.
It was cute, watching him pan his eyes in my direction every spoonful.
I did get one.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: The good stuff - 06/11/14 05:33 PM
I am traveling for work this week, and one of my team members wanted to try something new for lunch (work was buying), so he said, "Let's go to this place a couple of miles down the road. I don't know if it is any good, and the sign outside just says 'BBQ' but let's try it."

I was skeptical, especially since about 2 blocks away from the office was a nice local place that has really good food, but when I travel, I try to let the local people on my team pick where we go.

Well, the 'BBQ' place was actually called "Something Grilled" (which was in some funky tall/skinny font in the middle of the Q in BBQ), but you couldn't read that until you were pretty much parked right outside.

It was a mom and pop joint... Literally. Pop was in back cooking, and mom was out front being the waitress and cashier.

Prices were very reasonable, and the food was great! What a nice pleasant surprise. I saved the place to Google Maps so that I remember to go there again sometime in the future.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: The good stuff - 06/11/14 05:35 PM
Oh, and flashback to yesterday. (summary version this time)

Took my wife to Fogo de Chao in Baltimore for lunch.
"Made" her go to the Pinball Gallery in Downington, PA last night, and guess what? She actually had a good time! Of course, it helped that she beat me in two games of the new Wizard of Oz pinball. It was so rare that she would be in such a place that I was sure to take a couple of pictures, post them on Facebook, and I tagged her in them.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: The good stuff - 06/11/14 05:39 PM
Flashback TWO days ago, and had a good time at Baltimore's Inner Harbor, and had a great meal at Amicci's Italian Restaurant in Little Italy. I am not even a big fan of Italian food, but it was good stuff, and my wife LOVES Italian, so it was a win-win.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: The good stuff - 06/11/14 05:39 PM
See, it isn't all about gripes. wink
Posted By: medic8r Re: The good stuff - 06/11/14 06:07 PM
As long as you can sort your posts appropriately so that I can reliably know what to expect. If I click here, I expect happy vibes. If I click gripe, I expect to laugh at your misfortune.
Posted By: fredk Re: The good stuff - 06/13/14 03:11 AM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
As long as you can sort your posts appropriately so that I can reliably know what to expect. If I click here, I expect happy vibes. If I click gripe, I expect to laugh at your misfortune.

Happy vibes all around then. Your glass runeth over.
Posted By: medic8r Re: The good stuff - 06/13/14 12:43 PM
Good catch! It's a Win-Win!
Posted By: fredk Re: The good stuff - 06/14/14 04:30 PM
In Ontario its a Wynne-win. smile

Chocolate ice cream with home made raspberry sauce. That right there is THE good stuff.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The good stuff - 06/14/14 05:41 PM
I got home late (9:30) last night from a long day at the office/on site. The kids were already in bed and youngest already sleeping.
As I sat at the dinner table my oldest son sat down beside me and started chatting about various things (the best part of his day, the worst part of his day, the part between the best and worst, the part between the worst and middle...). It was the best 10 minutes of my day.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The good stuff - 06/21/14 03:56 PM
2 3 day weekends in a row.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The good stuff - 07/06/14 07:40 AM
3 3 day weekends in a row.
I'm a wreck. Lol.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The good stuff - 07/06/14 04:21 PM
I forgot about this "happy" thread!

Joyce and I kayaked on the river this morning, and stopped at Five Guys for lunch on the way back. JP is really jealous!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: The good stuff - 07/06/14 10:18 PM
My 3 year old grand daughter was visiting yesterday and when it was time to leave, she refused to go until she found grandpa to give me a hug & kiss.

Raspberry topping you say - - - HA!

grin
Posted By: fredk Re: The good stuff - 07/07/14 03:37 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I forgot about this "happy" thread!

Joyce and I kayaked on the river this morning, and stopped at Five Guys for lunch on the way back. JP is really jealous!

I'm pretty sure I heard him scurrying off to the Olive Garden to console himself.
Posted By: medic8r Re: The good stuff - 07/11/14 09:25 PM
You know what's weird? I haven't eaten anything from Olive Garden in a year or two. Drug reps never bring their stuff any more, and I usually go to Carrabba's for dining out with the medic8r clan.

Mark's right, though - I am always jealous if there's a Five Guys burger around and I'm not involved.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The good stuff - 07/11/14 10:11 PM
Funny, JP: Joyce and I go to Carraba's much more than OG now, too.... even though it requires a drive while OG is right here in town.
Posted By: a401classic Re: The good stuff - 07/12/14 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
You know what's weird? I haven't eaten anything from Olive Garden in a year or two.

That's not weird. That's smart! We intentionally avoid the big chain restaurants whenever possible - particularly OG. There are many Italian restaurants owned by mom and pop that are phenomenal.

We have a local one here in Alpharetta, ( Casa Nuova ). The owners have 15 acres and grow their own veggies!
You may hit a few so-so meals in search of good restaurant, but when you find one that's good - it can be really, really good.
Posted By: Murph Re: The good stuff - 07/15/14 02:49 PM
Good timing for this thread for me. I'm just back from two weeks vacation. Did a bunch of sailing on the Hobie, sea kayaking, relaxing/swimming at the beach, etc.

We also went to "The Killers " concert. I was really pleasantly supplied at that. We made a whole day of it with our friends and The Killers really rocked a great outdoor venue with the 'super moon' hanging over the stage Saturday night. They rocked way more than I suspected they would actually. If they come your way, go see them!! Even if you "think" that they are not your thing. They will change your mind if you see them live.

Finished it off Sunday by hanging out with my old hometown friends on a lobster boats turned "relax on the water" boat, now that the spring season is over.

On weekends in my old hometown, everybody hangs out all manner of boats. Either cruising up and down the rivers or moored up together to hang out, swim, barbecue, drink some beers, etc. As the evening hits, giant flotillas of boats tied together start to form and the guitars come out. Probably my favorite part of the summer here.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The good stuff - 07/15/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
As the evening hits, giant flotillas of boats tied together start to form and the guitars come out.

No one has oars or paddles? smile
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The good stuff - 07/15/14 04:58 PM
I want to come hang out with you, Murph.
Posted By: Murph Re: The good stuff - 07/16/14 11:42 AM
Anytime Buddy, anytime!
Just make sure it's the summer. Kinda like what Bruce Banner says, "You wouldn't like me when I'm winter."

and good one Mark!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The good stuff - 08/17/14 05:18 PM
Heading to church for the 1st time(feels like) in months.
Got 30 minutes of MJ in 2.0 this morning and a full hot breakfast.
Good start to the day.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The good stuff - 08/17/14 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
Got 30 minutes of MJ in 2.0 this morning.
Good start to the day.

My wife said the same exact thing!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The good stuff - 08/18/14 01:33 AM
I don't usually listen to him, I just happened to have an unopened copy of Thriller sitting on the shelf.
I'm still fine tuning the SQ and figured I'd listen to something different.

Pretty cool coincidence though.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: The good stuff - 08/18/14 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
I don't usually listen to him, I just happened to have an unopened copy of Thriller sitting on the shelf.
I'm still fine tuning the SQ and figured I'd listen to something different.

Pretty cool coincidence though.

MJ as in he is Mark Johnson smile I almost missed it myself.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The good stuff - 08/18/14 05:58 PM
grin I'm glad someone got it! smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: The good stuff - 08/18/14 08:57 PM
I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I admit it went over my head initially. But I have read enough of your posts here to know there had to be more to it. Good one btw.
© Axiom Message Boards