Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Burger Timmies - 08/26/14 08:40 PM
When I heard that Burger King had agreed to purchase Tim Horton's for $11.4 billion, I of course thought of my Canadian Axiomite friends and the visits I had to Tims. I wonder how this is going over up there, i.e. how you all will like burger-flavored donuts.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Burger Timmies - 08/26/14 11:03 PM
It made me sad.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Burger Timmies - 08/26/14 11:06 PM

We are more than happy to have the tax dollars as revenue. Tim's will still be the same and we have had Bugger King for many years ,nothing should really change except maybe Obama's opinion of Burger KIng
Posted By: fredk Re: Burger Timmies - 08/27/14 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
When I heard that Burger King had agreed to purchase Tim Horton's for $11.4 billion, I of course thought of my Canadian Axiomite friends and the visits I had to Tims. I wonder how this is going over up there, i.e. how you all will like burger-flavored donuts.

As long as they're bacon cheesburger flavour, Canada's good with the buy out.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Burger Timmies - 08/27/14 04:24 AM
Interestingly the majority stake holder is '3G Capital' of Brazil so it's really not a US company anymore.

Of course BK is being ridiculously accused of being akin to traitorous by some members of Congress & the Big Kahuna. The loss of tax revenue will add to the US national debt no doubt, ha!

TAM
Posted By: Murph Re: Burger Timmies - 08/27/14 11:58 AM
Tax issues aside, It's always a bit sad to see something iconic change hands. However once the news media lets go of the story, customers won't care in the end. They will continue to go to Tims because they already have all the best locations for thier target crowds and because of habits.

Those who would care and might actually boycott (for a while) are already too busy grooming thier beards, showing off thier tweed flatcaps and drinking thier 'three times more expensive' coffees so they can keep up thier hipster image at the 'cool this month' coffee shops.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Burger Timmies - 08/27/14 12:36 PM
Too funny, Murph. Don't forget their reverence for vynil records to get tru world sound. REFLECT!
Posted By: bridgman Re: Burger Timmies - 08/27/14 01:45 PM
Wasn't Timmies owned by Wendy's for a decade or so ?

Seems like the big pushback is in the US, where BK customers are upset about losing some of the US tax revenues and threatening to boycott.
Posted By: fredk Re: Burger Timmies - 08/28/14 03:14 AM
Oh oh. Buffalo crunch. No bacon. That's not a good sign.
© Axiom Message Boards