Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/15/14 07:51 PM
I have been recording this HBO series, and we finally got around to watching the first episode last night. If you like music history, you'll most likely enjoy this series. The first episode was in Chicago. Very interesting, and I'm not really "into" music history. I do like the Foo Fighters, and that's why I elected to record this series. I really didn't know what to expect.

The plan is to record a song in each city they go to. When they go to these cities, they go over the history of music in that city.

Definitely worth a quick look.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/15/14 10:18 PM
And their new album of the same title is definitely worth a spin, or 12.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/15/14 10:26 PM
I have several episodes on my TiVo as well, but haven't watched them yet as I want to turn up the volume a bit and Joyce isn't into Foo.

Thanks for reminding me, bob; I wanted to check out Amazon reviews on the disc.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/16/14 04:54 AM
I Envy you guys who have HBO.

I'm really enjoying the album though.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/16/14 05:07 PM
I did not realize the album was out... I'm always late to the party...

I do not know about the entire series yet, but the first show did not have a whole lot of music being played, just parts and pieces of the various bands and singers (like Muddy Waters), who were from Chicago. The closing of the show is when they played their first song in it's entirety. Rick Nielson played it with them. The series is a documentary, not a concert.
Posted By: fredk Re: Foo Fighters, Sonic Highways - 11/16/14 05:16 PM
Sounds like an excellent series Michael. Maybe it hits Netflix at some point and I'll actually get a chance to see it.
© Axiom Message Boards