Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twopecker My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 01:07 PM
http://members.cox.net/dodgestratus/

March 5th I was in an accident out on the interstate here in Omaha, NE. Not the biggest or coolest wreck in the world, but I was super lucky, because a state trooper had someone pulled over, and his in car dash camera caught the entire thing on tape.

The wreck happens about 40 seconds into the video. And what happens, just so you know what to look for, Almost all the way to the right, you'll see a bronco hit its brakes, the white pickup behind her hits her in the back corner, pushing her into my lane....then you'll see a gmc sonoma coming into the picture (thats me! thats me!). Next thing you see if a puff of smoke. Listen to the state trooper, his comment is the funniest part of the tape.

By the way, the video is approximately 5.1 megs, so if you're on a slow connection, you may want to skip this.
Posted By: twopecker Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 01:53 PM
Found a couple pics of the aftermath of my truck too:

Posted By: spiffnme Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 03:25 PM
Glad to see you were not hurt. I guess if you're going to have your car trashed, it's (<---see Peter) cool that you have it on video.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 03:42 PM
so are you the one who he went to first? and got into his car?
Posted By: twopecker Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 06:09 PM
Yeah, i was the guy in the truck...who looked all goofy running to the cop car =)
Posted By: chesseroo Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 06:37 PM
Nice video.
Awful wreck.
Picking up the axioms that day at the post office pehaps?
Hopefully not.
Posted By: twopecker Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 06:52 PM
Actually, I was just coming back from the car dealership. I had decided on the car I wanted...except for the color. I was on my way home to pick up my girlfriend so I could bring her back to let her help me pick out the color.

My truck was totaled out, and luckily, i got about $2000 more for it from insurance that I would have recived for a trade in.
Posted By: sushi Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 07:02 PM
So, the state trooper was testing the poor driver for alcohol/drug influence??? -- never heard of that particular test procedure, which is so funny...
Posted By: twopecker Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 07:05 PM
the guy he was testing was a young kid, probably 18. He was stoned out of his mind. I got to speak with him for a few minutes while I sat in the cop car. He was telling me how my accident was an act of god, because he was not going to get arrested now. I kinda chuckled as they took him away still.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 07:15 PM
If I were at all interested in any form of law enforcement, highway patrol (or state trooper for you non-Californians) is what I'd choose. Sure, it might not be any less dangerous than police, but you sure would get a lot of great stories.
Posted By: sushi Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 07:22 PM
...and you'll get an intensive training for reckless driving for free!

[a sentiment of a new S2000 owner...]
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/23/03 07:59 PM
I do intend on taking an intensive driving/racing course before I get too old (30-ish ). The Skip Barber Driving School at the nearby Laguna-Seca Raceway seems very attractive...
Posted By: Semi_On Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/24/03 01:46 AM
I've heard nothing but fantastic things about Bondurant. The fourth day of their top class is spent in an F1 race car.
Posted By: Zarak Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/24/03 04:21 PM
I shouldn't have made it this far into this thread....you're all going to make me want to start looking for a track again to take my WRX to. I want to really try it out somewhere!
Posted By: curtis Re: My car wreck....caught on tape! - 09/24/03 04:45 PM
I have friends that take their cars here:
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/clinic.htm
© Axiom Message Boards