Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Profiles - 09/24/03 12:53 AM
How many people around here fill out their profile? Not many beyond the few real regulars here. It's nice to know where people are from, what gear they use, etc... So often I click on a username and see nothing more than how many posts they've got.

Come on gang...list your gear! Stand proud and let us know what your HT consists of!
Posted By: sushi Re: Profiles - 09/24/03 04:46 AM
Yeah, in fact, those bits of info often makes it easier and/or more fun to discuss things and answer questions... whether it is on or off topic.

Incidentally, talking about the "My Home" settings of this board, who uses a skin (style sheet) other than the default "Axiom" style? I've recently switched to "Infopop" which gives me a nice change.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Profiles - 09/24/03 04:50 AM
JUst updated everything.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Profiles - 09/24/03 05:47 AM
I use Infopop, too! much nicer than all white. I like things divided into little boxes. It appeals to my sense of order. And orange is a nice color.
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/25/03 03:28 AM
OK... OK... You talked me into it. I updated my profile, and even added a pic so peeps can see what a dork I am! lol

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Profiles - 09/25/03 06:32 PM
Oh, no! Your pic isn't working. I can't see what a dork you are!.
Posted By: mwc Re: Profiles - 09/25/03 10:57 PM
Just updated my Bio but there was not enough space to list all of my gear so it is not totally complete. I had to leave out some of my vintage Sansui stuff among others.

Amie, more space for the Bio please!
Posted By: Wid Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 12:21 AM
I just updated my profile also.I included last name town and gear.
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 03:04 AM
That's strange! It was working yesturday, when I signed on today the pic wasn't working! I right clicked on the little red x and clicked show picture it came up. It seems to be working now, and I didn't do anything. LOL

If it still isn't working, can anyone give me some hints why?

Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 03:14 AM
Ok! now I am agrevated! If I refresh the page the pic is not there! When I right click on the red x and click show picture it comes up. Whats the deal? The pic is on my geocities websight. I can enter the url into my browser and go right to it. Hhhmmmm.....time to break out the html book! LOL

Posted By: Mahesh Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 03:24 AM
I am not an expert on this so I am more likely to be wrong than right...

I think you need to use a static html page on a different server. Dont know about Geocities but Yahoo email pages assign dynamic image names so your image name will work that instant only and not later. Or sometimes some sites use special filters to block other sites from accessing images on their site. Could be Geocities is doing that when you refresh the page on the Axiom site.

The right click may be working because of your browser cache I think.

Good luck.
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 03:41 AM
Thanks for the reply, I tried a few different things but they did not work either. I will have to try and post them to my ISP's server, I know they give me web space so I will have to look up all the info. Thanks again for your help
Posted By: OGS20 Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 03:51 AM
Modock:

Geocities does not let you link .gif and .jpg from a "outside" website.

Change your filename to .txt or .abc or something, THEN link it like a regular image, and that should work.

You can buy me a beer later
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Profiles - 09/26/03 04:34 AM
send me your picture. i will host it on my webspace for you for the time being. I think its because geocities etc will not let you use their bandwidth for that kina stuff.
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/27/03 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the help. If it isn't working this time Haoleb, I will take you up on your offer.
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/27/03 07:05 AM
I think I finally got it!
Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Profiles - 09/28/03 06:30 AM
Hey, that's a pretty good pic. Professional?
Posted By: sushi Re: Profiles - 09/29/03 10:22 PM
modock, the picture will show even better if you trim it exactly to 65x75 pixels, so that it won't look "stamped" slightly.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Profiles - 09/29/03 11:28 PM
I have a moral opposition to sigs, smileys and avatars. I prefer my fora boring old text only as everything else is just a distraction from the content in my opinion. That said, this reminded me to change my profile.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Profiles - 09/30/03 12:13 AM
Uh, you better change it again.

http://http://www.arstechnica.com doesn't get you anywhere. ;-)
Posted By: modock Re: Profiles - 09/30/03 01:39 AM
kcarlile,
Thanks for the reply. The photo was taken by one of the students in the photography class I took.

sushi,
I trimed the photo to exactly 65x75, thanks for the help.
Posted By: johnbasham Re: Profiles - 10/09/03 08:54 PM
done...
© Axiom Message Boards