Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mwc New People - 10/20/03 06:17 PM
I notice that in the past few weeks there are a lot of new people posting on Axiom message board.

Anyone care to say where they heard about the Axiom forums?
Posted By: petertkim Re: New People - 10/20/03 10:06 PM
I came across Axiom line while researching for a new set of speakers. Was impressed by the great reviews and the enthusiastic following they seem to have generated.
I am eagerly awaiting delivery of m22ti + VTF-2. Hope they are as good as advertised...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New People - 10/20/03 10:16 PM
No ellipsis necessary... they really are that good! Could all of us regulars here be delusional? I haven't come across a single person with half a brain -- er -- ear, that didn't like the M22s a lot.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: New People - 10/20/03 10:19 PM
Mike,
it seems to have mostly happened after Craig (I think) mentioned a couple of weeks ago about it being so quiet. There's been a pile of activity since then, and seems like lots of new members. It's great, but getting to be difficult keeping up reading posts. FYI, I read about Axioms what must be a year ago now on AVS/HT Forum and decided to check it out. I'm sure happy I did!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: New People - 10/20/03 10:21 PM
I first heard of axiom on the audioreview.com message board. I can't remember the guys name on those boards (he's probably a member here as well) but he was always RAVING about his Axioms. So I dropped by here. Glad I did!
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: New People - 10/21/03 01:01 AM
Someone told me that I should ditch my Acoustic Research AR-1's and get some real speakers (not the overbassy, muddy, boomy things my AR's are in comparison) - heh.

Posted By: curtis Re: New People - 10/21/03 02:12 AM
In reply to:

I haven't come across a single person with half a brain -- er -- ear, that didn't like the M22s a lot.

Good thing I like them....eventhough I used the "m" word.
Posted By: Zarak Re: New People - 10/21/03 02:20 AM
We're having another speaker listening session on Saturday. Ascend 170 vs. M22 vs. M60....I wonder if there is a word that is as equally as bad as the M word that I can describe the Ascends with
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: New People - 10/21/03 02:54 AM
BAH! What's the "M-Word"? Mirage? That's the only brand I can think of off the top of my head that does loudspeakers in that remote price range.
Posted By: curtis Re: New People - 10/21/03 05:03 AM
In reply to:

We're having another speaker listening session on Saturday. Ascend 170 vs. M22 vs. M60

It will be interesting how those little guys compare with a sub to the M60 with and without a sub. Make sure Johnny brings canollis.

DJ...you had to be there....
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: New People - 10/21/03 05:09 AM
BAH!!! Tell me context, and don't worry I wont pull a "smile-n-nod-n-back_away_slowly" move on ya.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New People - 10/21/03 07:11 AM
Will, it's too terrible of a word to be used here, but since you're new you need to know. It's muh... muh...mm...metallic!
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: New People - 10/21/03 12:11 PM
Hahaha, is 'tinny' also out of your vocabulary range because of its inherent evil?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New People - 10/21/03 05:32 PM
I found this description of a silk-dome tweeter found on the Joseph Audio RM7si to be particularly humorous:

"Silk dome tweeter - These latest generation silk/fabric dome tweeters offer sweet smooth extended highs, without any of the "oil-can" resonances found in metal domes. The result is a natural sounding treble range that reveals all the detail and beauty of the music."
Posted By: Andy_R Re: New People - 10/21/03 09:19 PM
I've been coming here for a short while, and probably discovered Axiom speakers either through the Home Theater Forum or the Home Theater Spot.

I plan to order some M60's, QS8's, and a VP150 very soon. I have to wait though, since my new house is still being built and I don't close until next month. I'll be upgrading from Energy Take 5's, which are fine speakers, but I'm ready for something that is more mighty.

Oh yeah, I also have an SVS 20-39 PC, which I also quite enjoy.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the great info!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: New People - 10/24/03 03:46 AM
Wow...from Energy Take 5's to that Axiom setup? Boy are you in for a treat!
Posted By: mwc Re: New People - 10/24/03 04:08 AM
I found this forum after reading a review of the M22 by John Potis at SoundStage.com. I was so impressed with that review that I had to check out Axiom.com and thats when I found the message board. And boy, am I glad I did. It's one of the few places where folks are allowed to voice thier opinions...good, bad or other wise. I think thats what makes this board such a strong one.

BTW, I ended up keeping my M22s even though I own KEF and Magnepan speakers. The M22s were so good I just couldn't bring myself to send them back after an in home audition and the legendary Axiom customer service is world class.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: New People - 10/24/03 07:06 AM
I really can't remember how I found this site. It may have been recommended by Alasdair (sp?) over at Audioquest in one of our emails, but once I found it, and read all the great reviews, I knew I had to get some.I like the people here, and the customer service is absolutely the best I have ever seen. Truely top notch.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New People - 10/24/03 07:18 AM
I didn't find this forum until after I bought my M22s. I think my friend (and member) kcarlile pointed it out to me.

It's a good thing I discovered it late, too. Som'a yaz woulda convinced me to go overboard and buy the M60s instead.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: New People - 10/24/03 05:22 PM
I've been doing research on my next speaker upgrade and came across the Home Theater Forum. Read many positive comments there about Axiom speakers and this board, so that's how I found it.
Posted By: Andy_R Re: New People - 10/24/03 11:49 PM
In reply to:

"Wow...from Energy Take 5's to that Axiom setup? Boy are you in for a treat! "

Tell me about it. Actually don't. It's already hard enough having to wait until the new house is finished. Only 26 days, soon after which I will join the illustrious ranks of Axiom owners.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New People - 10/25/03 03:03 AM
A correction - I had just gotten my H/K 525 and was disappointed by the lack of dialog in T2 (I just have 2.1) and was wondering about the center. You did a search on the forums and pointed them out to me. I just joined first.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New People - 10/25/03 03:07 AM
You're right. I sit corrected, then.
Posted By: sushi Re: New People - 10/31/03 05:23 AM
I initially found Axiom mentioned in an obscure thread in the AVS speakers forum late last year (at that time, there were only 1 or 2 threads in AVS that touched on Axioms). I then visited to Mike's house and listened to the M22s along with his Maggies. The session convinced me that Axiom would be the way to go.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: New People - 10/31/03 01:26 PM
I came upon speakers while researching speakers on "audioreview.com". Axiom has a banner ad there. Subsequent research on C-net and other audio/video websites, and my experience on this forum convincedme that Axiom speakers represented uncommon value, a high end speaker at a "mid-fi" price.

I was using a 7.1 setup cobbled together on the cheap from various places (mostly u-bid) consisting of Wharfedale Sapphire 87 fronts, JBL S-center, Infinity BU-12 sub, ancient JBL PRO-III mini monitors, and some small Wharfedale Diamonds. I wanted to replace all these with speakers that would be timbre-matched (and color matched). I couldn't be happier, and I have found a new place to hang out, the Axiom forums.

Thanks. guys! (any females out there?)

Mark
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New People - 11/01/03 01:11 AM
I heard about them when Peter told me he was buying some speakers that were sold only on the web. Me, I had great big warning flags go up in my head, but when I heard them, they blew me away.
© Axiom Message Boards