Axiom Home Page
Posted By: AAAA Audiophile Game Titles - 11/26/17 04:34 PM
Black Friday Lite! (Canadian version)

Picked up a PS4 pro with COD WW2, Horizon New Dawn and Wolfenstein.

Ummmmmm, why the heck are us HT guys into movie sound at all? COD is crazy. Horizon new dawn is outstanding. Seriously! Have an accomplished HT? Don't game? better get started.

I'm awakened. cool Tell me gamers, what are your fave picks for video game sound design. Let's game it up.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 11/26/17 09:07 PM
I can't play the modern games because they give me vertigo. Space invaders really sucks you in though on a large screen and PLII...lol!
Posted By: AAAA Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 11/26/17 11:50 PM
I read Dirt4 is pretty awesome too for sound. Almost like a rally simulator. Might check it out.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 11/27/17 07:43 PM
Project Cars (& PC2) are great for audio. Also StarWars Battlefront since I see from COD you're playing first person shooter. The thermal imploder weapon in BattleFront is awesome for the sub.

Be warned if you get into VR however! Because of the positional 3D sound interaction with head position and the headset, you're fancy shmancy HT becomes unnecessary. I had a hard time accepting this when I got to play on an Oculus Rift with good headphones a while back. It was setup in my HT and my big UHD TV was just a secondary monitor for people to see what the player was doing.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/03/17 04:00 AM
I agree, call of duty can really shake the couch!
Posted By: AAAA Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/09/17 02:56 PM
Last night we had a bunch of people over and a couple were really good at COD. We were into the pops and were playing at reference. BEWARE! The dynamic range of this game can damage speakers if you play really loud.

The Dayton 8's in my towers popped. (Over excursion) No damage, but sobering to realise the super towers are not invincible! Have to re-set the volume governor lower now. Booooo!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/09/17 05:05 PM
or raise teh crossover on the mains if your receiver has that option.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/09/17 05:32 PM
Yeah. Might try some tricks to get around it. Or, play games with less booze around. laugh
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/09/17 06:43 PM
I dont game but my 18 yr old does and the war games like COD etc hit some serious low notes that i let the sub take care of. I suspect you may be on to something with regards to the booze. I recall when i used to drink the spl increased exponentially with the amount of alcohol consumed.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 12/13/17 05:36 PM
Horizon zero dawn sounded amazing. Great game too!

Zelda breath of the wild has some great orchestrated music and the level of realism to the tiniest miniscule sound effects is incredibly immersive.

Destiny was another good one

The uncharted series and the last of us are hands down the best sounding games I've heard tho. Triple A titles with an almost unlimited budget
Posted By: AAAA Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 01/05/18 09:01 AM
Ill have to try the newest uncharted.

Dirt4 isnt as realistic soundwise as I would have imagined, but I dont play in the "bonnet view" (not good enough yet.) As far as gameplay and the rest it is an awesome rally game. Really like it. You can mess with the level of individual sound elements like engine noise and road noise etc. Bonnet view on an Atmos setup would be pretty fun.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Audiophile Game Titles - 06/21/20 11:59 AM
The Hunter Call of the Wild is another fantastic sounding title.

Ive been in some of the forest types up in Norther AB doing seismic surveys. They pretty much nailed it.

The animal calls are frightening if you startle resting prey bedded down in willows. “MOOSE!”

Black Bear? Check your undies!
© Axiom Message Boards