Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mwc Lion King DVD - 11/01/03 11:34 PM
I just watched the Lion King Special Edition DVD with the 5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix engaged and OMG, it sounded fantastic! This is one of the best movie surround mixes I've ever heard.

The sense of spaceousness is incredible and the dynamics are thrilling. A lot of surround mixes sound compressed and constricted but this one just seems to wash over ya. Its' a lot like being at a live performance.

I don't know what Disney did in this mix but I'm sold on it. I'm trying to find out more info about "Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix". Anyone?
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Lion King DVD - 11/01/03 11:57 PM
In reply to:

I just watched the Lion King Special Edition DVD

LOL - I never thought I would see a guy admitting this...

Just playing of course; that movie is pretty good.
Posted By: mwc Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:25 AM
Yeah, it's a good movie but have you seen the new DVD release? Its' awsome!

Hey, I've seen all the Disney movies. You don't have a choice when you have children.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:31 AM
In reply to:

You don't have a choice when you have children.

Ouch...

Havn't seen the new DVD release though. I haven't even heard of it.
Posted By: mwc Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:36 AM
With your setup it will sound wonderful. It just hit the rental stores. Check it out for the sound if nothing else.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:38 AM
I'm actually thinking of doing just that - heh. Gotta test out this new blockbuster membership somehow, eh?

Does the DVD have any of the songs (specifically the Elton John ones) in high quality for just audio listening? I liked the soundtrack to that movie a lot...
Posted By: mwc Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:44 AM
Yes it does have the Elton John songs just for listening. There is even a new song in the movie for the DVD release.

Buried deep within the features is a commentary on how and why there is a new sound mix option just for home theater along with some other cool features.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 12:46 AM
Is that by any chance Hyena or something along the lines of that? I heard that in the English version of the soundtrack that there was one track left out, but in an alternate version there is a Hyena track or something.

In reply to:

Buried deep within the features is a commentary on how and why there is a new sound mix option just for home theater along with some other cool features.

Heh that's the kind of stuff that I like seeing, even if it is just advertising so that we rent more of their movies.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Lion King DVD - 11/02/03 07:15 PM
dont forget to go on the safari.....ron
© Axiom Message Boards