Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 06:43 PM
We've been beating around the bush long enough. We've got a "How'd you hear of Axiom" thread and an "Explain your usename" thread. It's about time we had a "What do you look like" thread.

Post a mugshot if ya want... And please. Keep your clothes on.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 06:59 PM
So, where is it? I don't think you look _that_ much like Sunny...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:00 PM
I can't go first...
Posted By: snippy Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:04 PM
I personally cannot figure out how to place pictures on this forum anyway?
Do we have a Home Theater photo forum?
That is my favorite thing to look at, other peoples theaters.
Posted By: snippy Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:06 PM
And I do not want my photo ripped on, like you guys did to a certain someone which then caused a lot of controversy.
you need to walk your talk!
Well, we all know Peter is a coward.

I'll go first.

A lame attempt at looking cool...

The real me...a comic book collecting geek.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:28 PM
I need to find a less incriminating pic. I'll post one from home as I don't have one available here.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:41 PM
Um, yeah, mine are all at home or something...

I guess I do need to turn on that scanner sometime...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:43 PM
Funny. You look like a digital film recorder.
Cowards!

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 07:45 PM
Weird. And all this time I've been picturing spiffnme as a talking stuffed animal...
Nah...that's Mr. Bear. He's the talking stuffed animal.
Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 08:12 PM
I look like Shirek. Do you still want me to post a pic?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 08:14 PM
Shirek?
Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 08:15 PM
What's that white thing on your cat's head?
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 08:19 PM
Photos of home systems ? Sure, Check out the Axiom Wall of Fame..
This is me in an alternate cardboard cutout reality.

Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 09:33 PM
Oops! That should read Shrek.
Wow...so I'm the only one with any guts, eh?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 10:02 PM
It's a sock. We enjoy tormenting our cats. And they let us.
Alright fine, I'll bite. Glamour shot time.

This was the "relax/strike a pose" family shot from Peter's wedding. If Peter doesn't post a pic, I can always take the same shot and crop it down to him - he made a funny face in this one.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 10:31 PM
I'll scan the cigar picture that's on our fridge, then. Just don't anybody get turned on by the fatty in my mouth.
Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 10:34 PM
In reply to:

Just don't anybody get turned on by the fatty in my mouth

Don't worry!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/04/03 10:44 PM
I imagine I'm also in that one. But when I get home I'll post pic(s) from my wedding.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 02:52 AM
you guys are a bunch of sissies. Dont bring up that ole' "i dont have a camera" story. Heres a couple of me, heck ive even got a video of myself online at a big company's website (not saying where) No, that shirt isint the ONLY one i wear. Just happened to have it on in those pics. In the stereo one it was on purpose.

First one i took for a thing for school. Second one is next to a giant redwood when i was on vacation in july.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:14 AM
Ok, now leaving wuss-dom:

The first one is my wife and I in our canoe in the Sierras -- taken this summer.
I'm concentrating reeeeally hard in the second one -- taken New Year's Eve 2001? at Ken's house.
any help for someone who's completely clueless how to post a pic on here??? Play-by-play would be nice (I've always wanted to post a thumbnail under my name). Thanks.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:34 AM
This is how I look.....

....during Halloween!!!!!

Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:46 AM
For your pic... under your name
click My Home ... click on Edit "Personal information, email, password, etc"
under "Your Picture (Entire URL - Picture size is 65x75 pixels)" enter a website where you have a GIF file. Remeber the size constraint.
So anyone that has web server with pictures on it one can reference that location...for instance mine is "http://www.spacelofts.com/badcrash.gif"

Try this one and put it in your settings:
http://www.spacelofts.com/scbbb.gif

For inserting image in this forum just place the <.image>http://www.spacelofts.com/scbbb.gif<./image> tag

Take the dots out between the brackets where you see image and /image. That is for illustration only.

Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:48 AM
Peter: Are you sure your not Tom Green? You talk like him though....
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:48 AM
saturn what are you supposed to be. Look part samoan or tongan, part alien, and part raver or something lol.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 03:50 AM
Lets see who can guess... Spiffnme possibly would be able to guess.
looks kind of like Darth Maul, maybe holding his breath a little too long.
thanks for the help Saturn, I'll try and wrap my head around this tomorrow when i've got more time.
Posted By: sushi Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 04:35 AM
Some of you have seen this, but here is a pic with my mouse.

Here's me on the last day of October wow
Posted By: chrono Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 06:02 AM

there i am in the parking lot during my sister's wedding.
Too easy. Nightcrawler. (Didn't anyone see X2?)

Well done costume.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 07:16 AM
well at least you remembered the deodorant.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 07:18 AM
what a bunch of fine, upstanding young men we have here. If most of us weren't hitched or engaged, we could have started a singles club or something....
Here's one shot proving that manual mode on a camera is only good if you know what you are doing... LoL - I was rather plump at the time of that picture hah - I'm glad I jog a few miles a day now...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 06:44 PM
Just don't tell your grandma you're jogging. I'm sure she'd love to pinch those cheeks...
Hahah - she would regardless! Good thing I only see her like once every 5 or so years. lol. And now that I don't live with my parents anymore, I doubt I'll see either of my grandma's for a whiiile.
Where are Amie, Ian, and Alan's pictures???

[We posted ours...]

/me thinks they are scared
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 10:03 PM
Alan's picture is in his profile. And you can see Ian's on the Axiom front page. I'm sure you could also find Amie's around somewhere if you dug deep enough... I know I've seen it.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/05/03 10:30 PM
Will, heres the first family of speakerdom.
Hah - cool.
Sorry for my total computer illiteracy, but I have no clue how to post a picture. Just for reference sake, you could go to http://www.gerweck.net/bigbossman.htm
Apparently, this guy and myself are long lost identical twins. I have signed countless autographs for kids that think I am he (him?).
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/19/03 03:32 AM
BUMP.
ok
hang on
i have to find a website to put my crazy pictures

anyone?
Everyone is shy.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/19/03 07:14 PM
I'll host it. Send the pic to my email.
I can't get it to work. Plus, don't have anything worthy handy.
Tom, I kind of like seeing you as that dude in your avatar.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/19/03 11:57 PM
likewise with you as mr. bear.
Well, I do not have a digital camera or a scanner, but I'd be happy to mail a pic of me to someone with a scanner. PM me an addy.
Spiffy,

Good lord..I don't know if anyone else said it, but you look just like Mr. Bear. The facial features resemblence is uncanny.

-Nick

Since I don't have anywhere to post my pic, I'll stay incognito.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/22/03 12:55 AM
If anyone is interested I can host anyone's pic,images.
Send the files to saturn@spacelofts.com
No viruses pls.

i guess i'll take the bait...Saturn was nice enough to host this picture for me (thanks again).

I don't look toooo much like a tourist and no, that's not a purse, it's a European carry-all!

Ditto on the thanks to Saturn. My sincerest of apologies to Chess for the subject matter of the pic (taken Oct 2003).

In reply to:

...that's not a purse, it's a European carry-all!

Uh-huh...

When exactly did it become "hip" for men to carry around purses? Seriously. I don't have an issue with it, and in fact, think sometimes it looks pretty cool, but when did that happen? I know not long ago, if a guy was carrying around a big ole "man purse", he'd been laughed out of town. Now it's hip. Fashion. Go figure.

i maybe shouldn't have made a joke about it, it's actually my camera case. I'm sure I'll be forever-branded in the Axiom community as the purse-wearing nancy-boy!

I do agree with you Craig, there's an awful lot of men out there using carry-alls that look suspiciously like purses to me. It does seem to be the more fashionable stores that carry them and the more fashionable people that wear them. I still haven't seen anyone wearing a purse and a ripped Iron Maiden t-shirt yet...
Bah.
Another picture of the enormous waste of this planet's limited resources.
I like the muffs though. Very stylish.
Betcha he doesn't carry that 'carry all' around the 'Peg.
hey...I never called you a "Nancy Boy".

Like I said, I think it's pretty cool. It's just a strange progression for from something to go from being so totally unhip, to becoming the fashionable trend.

I few guys here at work carry man-purses. I've never been hip. Hell, I collect comic book art, and love fantasy movies. Geek to the core.
...just like's Joey's "man bag" from Friends...
no worries Craig, I was just poking fun at myself. I thought I might have to move in to damage-control mode to keep from injuring my frail little male ego
They're headphone muffs (so to speak), connected to a scanner. It's a better way to stay in touch with how well they're wasting our resources.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/23/03 08:55 PM
What series? Are you a fan or an employee?
NASCAR is the series for that day, but I like them all. I am definitely a fan.
You'll be going to see NASCAR 3D in IMAX this spring, right?
That's affirmative...
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/24/03 01:55 AM
spiff,did you work on the making of super speedway?...ron

Nope...that was before I was working at IMAX.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 03/31/04 11:08 PM
Peter,

Thanks for bringing pointing out this thread. I thought it was great to put faces to several familiar names, including yours. We've added many new posters (including me. So, I thought I'd see if we can't get more people to post photos. I'll take the first plunge.

The first one that asks "which one is you" gets a really explosive personal message.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 03/31/04 11:30 PM
It's clear which one is you. What I want to know is where your hands are.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 12:04 AM
I'm not telling!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 01:19 AM
This is the early part of the day at Ford Manor. Later, I threw a really expensive party for 200 people I didn't know.

As you can clearly see, my two daughters spent most of their time swimming in my wife's end of the gene pool. Also, just for clarification, we always dress like this around the house.

BTW, what a great thread Pete started here. Let's see some participation. This can only be more fun as time goes on.
Posted By: curtis Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 02:22 AM
OK...I'll play....no wisecracks about squinting...because I am!

Those are some cute kids!
Posted By: curtis Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 03:00 AM
Thanks.

The picture is over two years old...I can't carry them like that any more.

The other day, I came out of the kitchen and the whole audio system and tv were turned on.....my 4 year old daughter did it on her own!
In reply to:

BTW, what a great thread Pete started here. Let's see some participation.

Perhaps in a couple of days i will have some shots to add to the thread, but i hear Amie is kind of shy.
I think i will need a signed release form first.
Perhaps i should ask a lawyer first. I think there are tons on these forums...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 03:28 AM
Oh Curtis. Those ARE some cute kids. They must take after their mother.

Chess. Bribe her if you have to. Hope you'll take lots of photos so we can take a vicarious tour. Have a great time.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 03:41 AM
Hey chess, speaking of pictures...... I might also point out that Jack, Curtis and I dove in tonight, but there is plenty of room left for more pictures (hint, hint).

Curtis, really cute kids - enjoy them now because they grow up and leave pretty quick. I assume Mike was talking about your kids and not mine . It's interesting that daughters turn systems on early in life and then spend the rest of their lives turning our systems off and stifling toy proliferation.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 04:17 AM
hehe, about the squinting...

My psychology teacher is japanese and he was telling us some joke about how you shouldnt make him laugh when hes driving because he cant see. something like that. You would have to see it though.

I made this yesterday, since, i am a tube head after all

Posted By: curtis Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/01/04 05:50 AM
Thanks again everyone....and yes, they are growing up WAY too fast.
I'm willing, but always have trouble with attaching images. I'll try harder.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 01:37 AM
Don't ask Haoleb for any help. He's just a.., well, tube head.

Seriously, let's get some traction on this thread and see some pictures. Always nicer when you can match a name and face.
i am all for it, but where is the best place to go to host a pic?? i did a search and they all want memberships, or there is always some catch..

i dont think ya'll wanna see my ugly mug anyway..

bigjohn
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 02:51 AM
Get on over to : www.photobucket.com Pretty neat little setup, free and you can downsize your pictures.
well, here goes nothing..

this pic is from my family reunion last summer. my wife designed the shirt logo.. my uncle did some photoshop stuff to the pic, so it looks kinda weird..

[image][/image]

I AM NOT A CROOK!!!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 03:23 AM
Alright BigJohn! Son of a gun! You are a BIG John.

Good job getting the photo up.

hey, it worked.. this is my first time to try this picture post thing.. its kinda neat..

lets try another.. OK.. this is me and my wife, shannon..dont ask me how i got her?? she just gave me the green light to get the custom cabinets.. brent is sending me the samples now...she is awesome..

yea, i am a big guy.. always have been.. but the 'better half' likes the 'bigger half', so i am good to go.. i am just scared if my forehead gets any bigger, i will end up looking like RAY on top!!!!!

bigjohn
Does this count?

That's me on the right with my girlfriend.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 03:49 AM
Lovely wife John. I've always liked that, in your bio, you say "i lead a very plain, regular everyday life, and i couldnt be happier with it." A very mature outlook. IMHO, the biggest success in life is achieving peace of mind.

Ringmir: It qualifies. Just don't ask me to describe you.

Ray: I think John is picking on you.
I'll find a real pic soon. All I have are a few that my girlfriend took and emailed me. No digital camera or scanner for me...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 04:01 AM
John, I am, in fact, sometimes accused of being somewhat balding. I prefer to think of it as having extra forehead - ALOT of extra forehead. On the plus side, I saved enough money on Head & Shoulders shampoo to buy some Axioms! Congratulations on Shannon; sometimes we end up with a gift we don't deserve. Let's hope for your sake that she never wakes up!!!
OK, I'm game. This is like an audiophile's sad attempt at hotornot.com...

[image]http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/oldskoolboarder2001/detail?.dir=/Isabel-March+2003&.dnm=f37c.jpg [/image]

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 05:07 AM
I think you left a space after the bracket in the first [image] and before the URL, and also after the URL and before the bracket in [/image]. There should be no spaces anywhere.
Okay, I'll bite...pardon the pun.

Here's one of me doing what I don't get to do as often here in Austin:

I'll see if I can find another with less of a disguise...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 05:58 AM
oldskoolboarder,

You've still got a space between ".jpg" in the URL and the first bracket in the ending [/image].

Don't give up. Keep plugging away. You'll get it.
Beautiful fish. You catch and release, or have him for supper?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 06:45 AM
In reply to:

He was going to grill it on the barbeque, but seeing as you've used all the tin foil...

Bren R.
[image]http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/oldskoolboarder2001/detail?.dir=/Isabel-March+2003&.dnm=f37c.jpg[/image]

aahh, screw it. dagnabit...
oldskoolboarder, apparently yahoo won't allow external linking, all people have to do is copy the url and paste it into their browser and "there you are".

Nice pic of the both of you!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 02:10 PM
oldskoolboarder.

Ford is correct. I copied and pasted, and there you were! Another cute kid! What is this? Are only people with cute kids allowed on this board?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 02:13 PM
Got it skool!! She's a cutie. You've got a serious "heartbreaker in training" on your hands.
same as ajax.. i copied and pasted, and there you were.. beautiful girl.. my wife is PG right now, i want a girl real bad.. everyone tells me, "no way, you dont want a girl".. but thats because they already have one.. let me make up my own mind!!!

hope you dont mind, but i looked at some of the other pics in your album.. i feel like i have invaded your 'personal bubble'..

bigjohn
boy, those kids look like unloved, deprived children. great slide show, but did i miss the bride or did i blink?
In reply to:

Catch and release...every one...

Not to mention that particular one was female and about to enter spawning season.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 06:28 PM
I'm about to drop a bomb...

Here's my son's website:
http://66.134.67.253/baby
WOW
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 06:54 PM
I made the website mostly for my parents and distant relatives, but it's great to go back and look at how small and "scrunchy-faced" he was.

My parents still haven't met him in person, though they will this May.
I personally like the "PlaidLad" set. Also that's one tolerant dog you've got there as "Not A Pillow" shows. And I know it's not the point here, but did you really name your turkey Zeus?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 06:59 PM
I envy you, Peter.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 07:13 PM
Wow - you posted some ****PICTURES****. What a great site. You are in a terrific place right now; treasure it and enjoy the trip. AND you get to listen to Axioms.

After having invaded your sanctum sanctorum this afternoon, Jack and I want to know where our room is? We'll be doing the "Grumpy Old" grampy thing (he'll be playing the part of Jack Lemmon) if you need the backup.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 07:14 PM
What, you don't name your turkeys every year?

I admit, the concept was foreign to me, too, until I met my wife. It's family tradition. What's even more interesting is that before Steven was born, we called him Zeus. Naming the turkey Zeus and then eating it was our way of killing off that particular nickname.
Hey Pete,

Your website kind of reminds me when my first son was born. My wife told me I was so disappointed because he looked sort of like ET, since that movie was very popular at the time. After about six weeks he became much cuter and was the apple of his Daddy's eye. Now, he's 21, is talking about buying a house. I don't know where the time went. I feel like I'm on Golden Pond. Just a little bittersweet humor.
didn't see the thread till this morning. Thanks for the compliments. Isabel's 18 mos and a great kid. She hasn't knocked over my M22's but she has learned to press the buttons on my Denon 2200... fatherhood is hard, but LOTS of fun.

enjoy the pix. the more the merrier.
nice website peter.

i tried that when isabel was first born. I'm not a web designer and relegated myself to using word (yeah, i know)... Was a pain to update the website (hosted by Pac Bell DSL) and it went by wayside after a few months. More power to you if you can keep it up long term. The photo album from SBC Yahoo is much quicker for me, though not as visually impressive.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/02/04 08:47 PM
I use photoshop's built-in web album feature. All I have to do is point it to a folder of pictures and it automatically creates the slide show album for me. I was dreading having to do all the coding myself when I remembered about that feature.
Okay, I'll try again...

This is a 2 year-old picture at my daughter's 8th birthday. It's a crappy snapshot, but does reasonably show that I don't deserve my wife and that my kids, luckily, look like their momma.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/03/04 01:37 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself -- half your genetic code is in them kids somewhere. Nice family.
OK a few real pictures of me.

The girlfriend supplied me with these, she insisted I use this one...I am not often in a tie.

Unfortunately this is not my cat...I have no cat at the moment

Me in heaven. (Or close to it anyhow, all I need are my Axioms and my Lagavulin.)

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/03/04 02:22 AM
Enough with the cute kids already. Holy smokes! Don't they make ugly kids anymore.

Nice family Tom.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/03/04 04:35 AM
OK, here's me and Peter from my wedding. I'm the one with the red hair. I think Adam's in there too, behind me.

This is Peter's GQ shot.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/03/04 06:01 AM
Beautiful, Peter. Yes, I certainly was going to ask about Zeus.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/03/04 06:34 AM
Hey, cool shot. You can't even see that I forgot to shave.
So pmbuko,

What's the little tyke's axiom-board handle going to be?

#3 is my favorite, nothing like the smell of a cigar stocked humidor.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/04/04 05:21 PM
like most things in life -- cigars smell much better going in than coming out.

(no that's not a Clinton joke)
Well, I'm sort of a one-a-month (non-winter) cigar smoker. I don't smoke in my apartment, so winter is just too cold to bother. I don't know that I would like my place to smell like lingering stale cigar smoke.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/16/04 12:14 AM
We seem to have hit a lull here. C'mon folks, let's see some pics.
Pastey! Me at work with a rather bright flash in my face. Wow, am I really that bald now?!

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/16/04 12:35 AM
Wow - 11 minute turnaround time! Impressive.
However, I seem to have missed something. I used the image /image tag and still no pastey faced james....
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/16/04 12:37 AM
Try posting as a .jpg.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/16/04 12:40 AM
yup. the forum's inline graphics are limited to JPEG and GIF.
Good call. I did not see anythign in the FAQ against bmp. Perhaps I should have read more
Here
you go Ray.
Pics as requested.
Yes it's me.

The stunned look on my face is because:

1. The camera never lies.
or
2. It was windy, rainy and I couldn't hear the warning beep from the camera.

kind people will go with choice #2
I'm the idiot in the orange bucket hat...we are at a friend's dad's house on the Abacos Islands in the Bahamas (last fall).

or, if you prefer spoooooky billy...

I think this thread is slowly turning from revealing one's home photos into "who can find the kookiest picture of yourself" .
(Note this has no bearing on Billy's recent picture but it DOES apply to many of the new avatars as of late).
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/17/04 06:39 AM
Everyone's see about 40 avatars of me in the last week... but here's a full size pic:

And no, I'm not praying facing Mecca, I'm tracking the bank of monitors in the inset photo... or being mesmorized by dasblinkenlights.

Bren R.

p.s. - For those who haven't seen it, the following "German Warning" has been known to mysteriously appear on any technical equipment:
----
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen peepers!

Das machine control is nicht fur gerfinger-poken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowen fuse, und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.

Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur geverken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen keepen das cotten picken hands in das pockets, so relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
-------
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/17/04 07:28 AM
That's hilarious. It really needs to go on some of my servers. I wonder why my clients are always surprised when I call them that...

My favorite saying when I don't want clients messing with something is, "No touchie!" from the only good thing David Spade ever did.
I'll take another bite at this thread since I just got done having a friend take pictures of me to send to my parents who wanted to see how much progress i've made so far - heh.

Don't worry about the link title - nothing is "naked" heh.
http://stunna.onestop.net/naked1.jpg

edit: sorry about the 'mean' face - it was supposed to have a meanish look to it - heh.
Haha. Loved the German. But, the latent German teacher in me is cringing and pulling out the red pencil. We used to call that "Keets Deutsch" after this guy "Keets" Who would say things like "Ich komme pick-uh him up."
Thanks for the laugh!

jr
"Grrr, baby. Verrry grrrr..."

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/18/04 11:11 PM
ow, my neck, no -- eyes!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/18/04 11:27 PM
Du sprichst Deutsch? Warum hast du das nicht gesagt? Möchtest du einen deutchen PM-austausch beginnen? Mein Deutsch ist ein bischen rostig...

(apologies to the German deprived...)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/18/04 11:28 PM
In reply to:

from the only good thing David Spade ever did.

I dunno -- Chris Farley wasn't too horrible.
Not quite up to Chris Farley's stature but...

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/bigwill/DSCN0029.jpg

I'm the big one.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 01:11 AM
Yipes! You are BIG! Remind me not to say anything that would insult you, will ya?

Holy Crud! Another cute kid. Doesn't anybody on this forum have UGLY kids? Sheeeesh!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 01:17 AM
Your stature is the kind that makes people think twice about messing with you -- in person. The internet allows people to mouth off at whomever they please, unfortunately.

Oh, and I can tell that's your son as you share the same hairline...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 01:58 AM
Well maybe you can mouth off at him, Peter. But BigWill has my name, address and phone number. So, if you don't mind, I'll just keep my big keyboard shut!

OT: Hey! Question. If we all were required to post our names, addresses, phone numbers, and email would that reduce some of the personal insults that, regretably, have popped up lately?
Posted By: Zarak Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 02:21 AM
It might, but it would also bring up some privacy issues that would keep lots of people from posting at all.
I feel extremely fortunate for a number of reasons, but mostly because of my little boy. He's a keeper.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 02:41 AM
That you feel that way, Mark, speaks volumes about you.

And Zarak, your point is well taken. I hope you understood that I was merely posing a question, not advocating a course of action.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 03:58 AM
We've got a BigWill and a BigJohn...

Now, for the Axiom forums Ultimate Fighting Challenge...

I guess they could match me and kcarlile up together as a popcorn match - "watch two tall scrawny Irish guys try not to get snapped in half like a brittle twig".

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 04:08 AM
That'd work, but I'm not Irish. Swedish/Scottish/European mutt. I'd also wager that I'd be the one snapped in half.

I guess I'd better post a picture sometime...
im a lover, not a fighter..

but i can open up a can of whoop-a$$ when i need to. but i dont wanna fight will.. how bout you get some of those bloats from the av123.. i wouldnt mind knocking those guys around a bit..

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 06:51 AM
Whenever I tell someone who has raised kids that I couldn't ask for a better son, without fail they all say "Wait until he's older!"
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 12:32 PM
Yeah, well, right now he thinks you know everything. He'll reach a point where, for the first time, he'll catch you in a mistake, or an untruth (for me it was when my father told me a stop sign had six sides, and hollered me down when I said it was eight).

From that point on, until he's in his twenties, he'll figure you don't know anything and everything you say is fulla crap (this is the challenging time). At the aforementioned point in his twenties, he'll suddenly be amazed at how much you've learned in just a few years , and hopefully, things will smooth out a little.
I forget who said that? Was it Hemingway?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 04/19/04 05:04 PM
I don't know if I ever knew who said it originally. I've heard it paraphrased a bunch of different ways, but most commonly, something like: "When I was 18 I couldn't believe how stupid my father was. When I was 22, I was amazed at how much he'd learned in just 4 years." I love wit based truth.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/08/04 09:06 PM
BUMP

OK all you new folks (and those older chicken s**ts)! Time to put your mouth (and the rest of your visage) where your money went.

Post them PICS! Scroll through this thread and you'll find some of the idiots you've been listening to all this time.
Good bump...this is a great thread.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/08/04 10:11 PM
[sigh]

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/08/04 10:18 PM
Fot the uninitiated, that is not a pic of Peter (pmbuko). It is a pic of sushi. (and the first one who says they tought sushi was raw fish gets an explosive PM.
I thought it was a woodchuck coming out of his shirt
I am sure there are a few who actually have Sushi's phone number...or at least his name...

Not trying to instigate a mass stalking, but someone ought to at least give him a ring and make sure all is well in Dallas(?).

At least it would make a number of those who frequent here feel more at ease...

My .02,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/08/04 10:25 PM
Nah! The woodchuck got slaughtered.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/08/04 11:20 PM
All is indeed well. I was in Dallas a couple months ago and worked on a few computers in his lab. He was extremely busy and I would have had to be (IMO) rude to catch his attention.

Oh well. Next time.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/09/04 12:50 AM
Pump up the volume!!! We must have more pictures.
I'm just doing this to test out my image tags. Just pretend you don't see it.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/04 07:00 AM
Sushi..... yeah i almost forgot about that guy! he hasnt been on in a loong time
Thought it was time to bring this bad boy back. All you newbies...start posting.

Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/17/04 08:05 PM
I think everyone has already seen this.

Wow, I really don't like that color of speaker, but that color in your setup looks beautiful.
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/17/04 10:24 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 03:46 AM
new pic test
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:39 PM
Here is my wife and I at Atlantis Hotel and Casino in Nassau, Bahamas in December of 03. Hope I have this picture thing figured out. By the way, I am the bald one.

Scott

[image}http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/ScottyA/Bahamas2003006.jpg[image}
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:41 PM
Crap.

I have the picture for avatar figured out, but apparently not for a picture in post. Someone help me out here.

Scott
Hiya Scott,

Nice family. Thanks for sharing.

you've got a squggly bracket } instead of a square bracket ] in the post above. And put /image in the second set of brackets.
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:43 PM
Okay,

I am trying again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/ScottyA/Bahamas2003006.jpg
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:44 PM
Doh,

Still nothing.
scotta- if you are using photobucket(and it looks like you are), just cut and paste the 'tag' line, and it will be there..

if you notice, when you put a picture in photobucket, underneath it, there will be several formats to choose from.. one is an http, then a jpeg, and then a tag.. cut and paste the tag line, and it will be there.. you wont have to put [image ] in front or back of it..

give it a try.

bigjohn
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:46 PM
Ok Tom,

Here goes again.

Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 08:48 PM
Woohoo,

Thanks guys. I think I got it. Now that I know how this works, I will take some pictures of the HT and post them. I have had my Axioms for about 3 months and have not done so yet.

Scott
Woo freakin' hoo, indeed!

I'll look forward to the HT pics. That looks like a good vacation.
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 10/18/04 09:39 PM
Tom,

That was a great trip. My wife and I goe each year with another couple on a short, usually 5 or six days, vacation without kids. Is a nice break. Two years ago we went to Jamaica and the year before that it was Hawaii. We usually pick somewhere tropical and lay around the pool and beach and drink and have a good time.

Scott
Posted By: bray Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/19/04 09:56 PM
Bringin this back to life. I KNOW we've got some newbies (and not so newbies), that could contribute.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/19/04 10:01 PM
Wow, going back it looks like I never DID post a real pic! I'll have to dig up one of the wedding ones... Not that people can't tell what I look like from the ol' avatar...
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/19/04 10:03 PM
Please do!!! I want to post funny pics of you.
Photoshop is open and waiting.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/19/04 10:05 PM
Alright - ridiculously cheesy or Keith Richards-walking-death-much-too-late-need-to-shave scary?

Sigh...ridiculously cheesy
I never thought I would do this but here goes..................click on the pic if you want to see a close-up of my bald head in all it's glory! :-)

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/19/04 10:42 PM
Be careful Ken!!! There is a disctinct possibility that you'll find your face pasted into a Grumpy Old Men promo or an episode of The Tick.

There was also that unfortunate incident involving spiff as David Lee Roth. But unfortunate in a good way.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/20/04 01:36 AM
The guy who does most of that already has plenty of digital pics of me he could torment me with...
I'm not sure if I have posted a pic earlier in this thread, but anyway, that is me on the left.
re: Neverhappy's image above:
Why does the waiter look like he's stealing rolls and putting them in his pants?
lol Not the waiter! He's a guy I use to work with!
Posted By: Lexxen Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/20/04 02:45 PM
Here's my "stoned" look. That's right, it ranks way up there with "Blue Steel" and "Magnum" and I really am a male model!

BTW, I am not really stoned in this picture... really! My eyes have just been broken by all the camera flashes... modeling is soooo hard!
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/20/04 06:23 PM
"I am not really stoned in that picture...really!"

Me thinks thou dost protest to loudly.
And I dont believe you.
...............and there is nothing wrong with being stoned! :-)
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/20/04 07:23 PM
With a cup-o-joe in the a.m., I call it WAKEnBAKE.
Posted By: koiman Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 01:23 AM
I thought I would try this. I am the guy on the right with the beard

Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 02:00 AM
Wow! you're a dead ringer for Donald Southerland in that photo.
That's bizzare you should say that...I was just putting this together...

Separated at birth?

Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 02:37 AM
That is just too cool! It's even more astonishing with the side by side photos. Lee, are you sure you are not Donald.
Posted By: koiman Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 02:50 AM
Many people say that i look like Donald but I just don't see it.
Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 03:07 AM
Well, you're a hansome young lad none the less.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 04:05 AM
WOW! The first time I saw the photo, I didn't catch the resemblance. But, when Mike brought it up, the resemblance is uncanny.

Nice to have another "old" guy on the forum to take some of the heat off Ray and me. (Watch! It'll turn out he's 32 years old, and I'll have put my size 11 in my mouth...............again.
What (size 11) are we talking about here?..... Oh your shoes that is. Lol Just kidding Jack!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 11/21/04 06:14 PM
Another older guy! Now we can do a group buy on Depends and Polident. Perhaps a 55 gallon drum of Metamucil.

You may look like Donald, but I'm guessing he comes up way short in audio power compared to your set up.
In reply to:

Here's my "stoned" look.

Speaking of being stoned:

The Monkey

A monkey is sitting in a tree smoking a joint when a lizard walks past and looks up and says to the monkey "hey! what are you doing?" The monkey says "smoking a joint, come up and have some." So the lizard climbs up and sits next to the monkey and they have a few joints. After a while the lizard says his mouth is 'dry' and is going to get a drink from the river. The lizard is so stoned that he leans too far over and falls into the river.

A Crocodile sees this and swims over to the lizard and helps him to the side, then asks the lizard, "what's the matter with you?" The lizard explains to the crocodile that he was sitting smoking a joint with the monkey in the tree, got too stoned and then fell into the river while taking a drink.

The crocodile says he has to check this out and walks into the jungle, finds the tree were the monkey is sitting, finishing a joint, and he looks up and says "hey!" the Monkey looks down and says, "&%$@.......how much water did you drink?!!"

thats a horrible joke... you should be ashamed.

bigjohn
Here is an attempt

edited with the correct address

Whoop much bigger than I thought it would be!
My niece, my wife, my daughter, me and my other niece the first Sunday after returning from China to adopt Elizabeth (now 21 months).
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 05:53 AM
Donald, that is one cute little Chinese doll. Bravo!
One more from November of Elizabeth

Posted By: mwc Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 01:51 PM
Beautiful family Donald! Happy holidays!
Thanks, all.
pretty girl. i have a lot of respect for people who adopt. i think it is a very caring and compassionate thing to do. those are very desirable traits. i congratulate you!!!

i am working on trying to get some christmas pics of my boys on here.. shannon wants to crop and photoshop first. but soon........

bigjohn
Posted By: curtis Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 04:35 PM
Us asians sure do "have it" don't we?!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 05:07 PM
Oh HELP! I think I'm gonna be sick! Besides, you're not an Asian. You're an American. NO! What was it?...........oh yeah. You're a "Twinkie." (It took me 10 minutes to remember that. I was stuck on "Ho Ho," but I KNEW that was wrong. )

For those of you who might think that I'm insulting Curtis, the above is a reference to conversation here on the forum where Curtis was explaining that, when growing up, his friends good-naturedly (if I remember correctly. And that's CERTAINLY how I meant it) referred to him by that term. Curtis had to explain it to me before I got it. DUH!
Posted By: curtis Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 05:29 PM
LOL!!

Jack....you got it wrong...it was "banana"!!
"twinkie, banana"?

sounds like lunch?

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/06/04 07:16 PM
LOL! Well, whatever! So much for MY memory.

However! I get half a point because of this.
The inverse of course is an "egg"
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/07/04 07:35 PM
I haven't heard that one. Now instead of calling a tricked-out Honda driven by a white guy a rice-mobile, I'll call it an egg carton.

(and if he crashes, it's an omelet)
I learned that one from a buddy of mine in college who spent a year studying in Japan. He apparently had that one directed at him from people over there, and found it amusing. Again, I think it was always in playful jest, he never let on to anything different.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 12/07/04 08:54 PM
Wow, I guess my friends in high school weren't that creative. We just called one of them an inverse twinkie. He was always pretending to blow out candles with his hands...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 05:31 PM
OK - time to step up here. Lotsa newbies and semi-newbies on board over the last few months. Several longer term folks still not showing themselves. Let's see some action here!!! . It's always better to have an image in mind when communicating. Well, MOST of the time.

Come on folks - reveal yourselves.
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 05:51 PM
Ok here we go I've been around these parts for a bit more than a year an a half.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 05:54 PM
Atta boy, Rick! You'll find me and Ray on page 8. He's with his wife and daughters, and I'm with.............................................well, let's just say they ain't my daughters.
Cool! A KWS with DT shirt!
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 05:58 PM
I'm pretty close to the age requirement for the 50 and over crowd................just a few more years....I'm 46 and loven it.
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 06:02 PM
Rick
Good to see your mug.
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 06:03 PM
In reply to:

Cool! A KWS with DT shirt!

I got it at a concert a couple years back.I just went to see KWS at the house of blues in Chicago a few weeks back.The kid is awsome live.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 07:20 PM
Thanks wid. BTW - you do a GREAT Stephen King impression.

C'mon folks - keep 'em coming.
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/06/05 10:19 PM

Stephen King hey,hmmmm can't say I've heard that one before .

Now it's someone elses turn to show their mug.
Rick,

I see the Stephen King thing too
Posted By: Saturn Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 06:30 AM
My link must have teleported from midway page 3 of this thread to here.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 06:30 PM
Ahhhhh! Cubicles!
Me and daughter Nelly
She's beautiful, Ronnie. Thanks for sharing.

Great system, btw. Seems like we have an increasing number of friendly Texans on the Axiom board. Good for us!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 06:53 PM
She IS a cutie! I swear, we have an inordinately large number of people with darling kids on this forum. And, when you look at the photos of the sires, you ask yourself "how the he** did that happen"?
As John Hiatt sang in "Georgia Rae" -

Lucky for you girl, you look like your momma
alright y'all, here's a picture of my better half and i at the Ravens-Lions game. free tickets, front row of the club section, 50 yd. line. doesnt get any better. and the other pic is me at my stress relief session-fishing in the discharge canal at the nuclear power plant. they get big there for some reason.
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 07:41 PM
Photo1. Shes beautiful. How did you pull that off?

Photo2. Nice fish. I think its glowing.
1. get 'em early. we started dating in high school when she had the glasses/braces/frizzy hair thing going on. that and she must not be too bright!
2. it must be from the third eye...
OK, heres my tacky joke of the day..

nice fish, and the bass is kinda pretty too...J/K

sorry, its friday, and i am feelin kinda frisky.. much like me, you married up. sometimes i wonder when my wife is gonna wake up and realize she is married to a toad. good looking lady ya got there, and i mean that.. oh, and very nice bass too. and i mean that. never seen one with 4 eyes though.

and awesome tix to the ravens game. gotta love those club seats.. thanks for sharing..

bigjohn

In reply to:

Photo1. Shes beautiful. How did you pull that off?

I think his wife made out good in the deal as well.

OK boomstick.. i will at least re-post this, so you can 'fire' back at me..

heres me and my MUCH better half.

oh, and jack.. you were talking about good looking kids? here is my son jacob. he is now 7, but i think he was about 4-5 in this pic.

i used this picture as the cover art on my first cd.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 09:09 PM
Shut up and get me that job already.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 10:52 PM
John Hiatt is great.

I'm seeing him at the end of the month, along with Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, and Joe Ely. Just 4 men and their guitars on stage.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/07/05 11:02 PM
I saw that lineup back in November 2001 at the Ryman - incredible show. John has an annual benefit show (John Hiatt Fund) that usually goes to help some sort of addiction/rehab facility. Each of those guys is amazing on his own, and the roundtable format is even better. They'll just be sitting on their stools all night trading songs, and you'll likely be entranced. Have a great time!
I'm insanely jealous. Can I come?

I saw Lyle from the front row of the Paramount theatre in Seattle in September, and have seen Hiatt a few times in similar venues. Spectacular.

[/digression]
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 01/08/05 12:32 AM
http://www.villamontalvo.org/eventdetails.asp?i=182 I went last year, too. It was amazing!
damn, that fish seems to gaina new eye every post!!
Shameless bump. I looked for the thread where we're supposed to put kids/dogs/other, but couldn't find it.

Recent pics of my kids - Alex (8) and Emily (10)

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 02:39 AM
Straight teeth and everything! Cute as ever, Tom.

As an aside, I take it you've already considered buying a shotun that you can coincidentally be cleaning it whenever boys come calling for your daughter?
30 Cal M1 Carbine works better...more shots available...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 06:12 PM
That's good. I always tell my wife the same thing. I am a probation officer and carry a 40 cal Glock. I always tell my wife that I will be cleaning it when my daughter brings a boy over. I also kid that I will have to run background checks on all of them.

Scott
C'mon, you ain't kidding.

Tom, beautiful kids.
Thanks, guys. Good call on the gun "cleaning".

Seems appropriate to bring up W. Bruce Cameron's 8 simple rules. He's a funny, and sadly, often plagarized guy (particularly relative to the Chili Judge column).
Tom ... That "8 rules" bit is hilarious ! It has been years since I saw that, and with my daughter being almost 12, looking 15, and thinking she is 25, I will have my wife download and print this off ...
Sounds like a good idea for anyone with a pre-teen to teenage daughter...

Print out copies, give the copies to potential suitors on the first visit, have them read "the rules", sign it and give it back...

May be legally binding...

PLUS, Gun "cleaning"...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: ScottA Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 07:11 PM
My daughter just turned 12. Thank goodness she is not interseted in boys right now. She is focused on sports right now. I will be prepared when the time comes. I am 6'01" and I weigh about 200. I am bald and carry a gun 8 hours a day. Needless to say, most are somewhat fearful already. I do what I can to live up to that image (ha! ha!)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 10:17 PM
A good friend of mine, when asked by his dating age daughters why he was so rough on the boys who came to date them, would reply "when you open the door, you see a nice young man. All I see is a penis wearing shoes." I think that makes the point, don't you?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 10:27 PM
You said penis.
LOL!

Can we PLEASE call it a talleywhacker?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/16/05 11:40 PM
only if you can clue me in to the etymology of that term.
Porky's.

I'm not proud to know that, but it is the only thing from that movie I remember. No, I did not see any of the sequels.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 12:15 AM
Wow. And the guy who said it died in my hometown.

Now if you'll excuse me, my tallywhacker and I need to go home.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 03:30 AM
You said it, too. But, BigJohn said it first.
In reply to:

30 Cal M1 Carbine works better...more shots available...

i'm looking forward to using my M1! it doesn't have the sheer capacity of the carbine, but thanks to the extra range, i'll get to tease them by letting them run all the way down to the end of the street before shooting!!

Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 11:05 AM
I think it's time for some of the new folks to show their mug.Come on now guys show us who is behind those posts.

Nice rifle
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 11:44 AM
ditto
nice looking weapon there ash!!

and yes, i did say the "P" word first jack...

we go with 'one-eyed wonder worm', but i am sure that will offend someone...?

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 02:57 PM
I always preferred "trouser snake"
this is all starting to sound like the Monty Python song... isn't it awfully nice to have a p....?
yeah it is a great rifle, but as i don't have any children yet (much less a teenage girl!) i haven't had to use it in the neighborhood...so far!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 03:22 PM
Nice Porkies reference!!!
In reply to:

I always preferred "trouser snake"

Peter! does your wife know about that?!?! lol
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/17/05 11:32 PM
My XGF called it a "gollywhopper".
Dont ask.
Bray, er... daddy what's a gollywhopper?

Along the lines of Pmbuko its also called trouser trout. Hey who started *this* discussion anyway? I'm not enjoying it. Really I'm not.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/18/05 12:02 AM
In reply to:

trouser trout

That would explain the origin of fishing tales.

"I swear! [holding hands wide apart] It's this big!"
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/18/05 12:06 AM
Golly, thats a Whopper!
Your sig has me in stitches Bray. Take away "life is" from the first line and "don't be a" from the second and what do you get?....
On that twisted note I want to know who's brave enough to get this thread on topic again by posting a photo of themselves. I get the feeling I'll be on here soon because I will be visting Tharkun's lair soon. More on that later. Possible ammo for Bray and his ingenious photoshop tactics.

Edit: Note to all. I look nothing like my avatar. At least I think I don't.
Richeydog, If you look like your Avator, just date yourself....
yeah, i've been meaning to ask who that is in the pic. pretty hot, if you go for that enlongated-face-due-to-compressed-picture look.
In reply to:

yeah, i've been meaning to ask who that is in the pic. pretty hot, if you go for that enlongated-face-due-to-compressed-picture look.

Yeah Ashley I know what you mean about the compressed avatar. It looked fine on photobucket but when I transferred it over to the axiom board she got squished. I'll try reducing the number of pixels in photoshop and see what happens.

Oh, her name is Anna Faris. Small time movie actress. Appeared in Scary Movie, The Hot Chick and Lost in translation among other things. She's not a bombshell in my opinion but does have that certain look that just does it for me, if you know what i mean.
In reply to:

Richeydog, If you look like your Avator, just date yourself....

Ha! The jokes could be endless on this one so I will bow out and leave it to your own imagination....
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/18/05 08:05 PM
richeydog
I know what you mean.

BTW: The actual crop size in inches is .903x1.042 at 72DPI.
>>It looked fine on photobucket but when I transferred it over to the axiom board she got squished. I'll try reducing the number of pixels in photoshop and see what happens.

Problem is that your picture is 75 pixels wide and 65 pixels high (actually 64), but what you need for an avatar here is 65 wide and 75 high.

You may try again.
oh ok, i guess i didn't recognize her with blond hair. i have the mental picture of her with the black hair from Scary Movie. either way = yummy!
I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but what do they say about "the cobbler's children being barefoot"? I'm always on the other side of the camera and don't come across many photos of myself.

Anyway, I took this an hour ago for the "bio" section of an onlline gallery I'm setting up and thought I'd throw it on here as well. If nothing else, it'll revive the thread!

Nice, Mark. Thanks for sharing that.

But you look so... normal. Kinda freaks me out a little after looking at your avatar all this time.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/30/05 09:10 PM
Normal men don't wear beards.
I don't wear it.... it wears me.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 07/01/05 12:12 AM
WOW! Big difference from the avatar. You look almost human. . (Just kidding. Actually, you're a very nice looking fella.)

Now c'mon all you who have no posted in this thread. Show us your mug. I'm on page 8, I think.
I spend all my money on audio stuff. Can't afford a digital camera.
I'll have to borrow one.
Is that a Sigma 70-200, Mark? I spent a long time debating between that and the Canon 70-200 f/4L (I went with the Canon).

Heh. Funny that the first thing I notice in your shot is the camera lens. Nah, I'm not into photography...
Yes, it is.

I just picked up three Sigma EX lenses in the last three weeks: 12-24, 24-70 F/2.8 and the 70-200 F/2.8 for use with a new Canon 350XT.

I'm slooooowly getting back into photography again... which was difficult to do after selling all my 35, 2 1/4 , 4x5 , darkroom and studio flash equipment several years ago!
Posted By: Amie Family Photo - 07/06/05 03:22 PM
Our little family photo from June:

From Left to Right:
Ian, Jean-Claude (JC), Alan, Tom Cumberland, Jean, Steve Dove, Brent, and Joe. I'm the one holding the camera.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 03:27 PM
Next time get Alan to hold the camera. I've already seen pictures of him, and I have a sneaking suspicion I'd much rather see one of you than another of him.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 03:45 PM
Or use a tripod and an auto timer to have the "entire" Axiom family in the picture...

I agree with Jack on having you in the picture although Alan looks a bit different than the image used for his avatar...Like the "Einstein look" better...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: craigsub Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 03:54 PM
So THAT is where the phrase "smarter than you look" comes from ...
Posted By: Amie Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 03:57 PM
I fully admit to being camera shy!! We didn't even have a photographer at our wedding. Pictures at the picnic I promise!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 07:17 PM
In reply to:

We didn't even have a photographer at our wedding.

With all the photographers on this board, you say that? Gutsy woman!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 08:47 PM
No photographer, but you should see this video I found floating around the net...
Posted By: Amie Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 09:15 PM

Posted By: Ajax Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 11:40 PM
Link please?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 11:54 PM
http://www.sexywivesofcanadianspeakermanufacturers.com/weddingnightvideo.mpg
Posted By: craigsub Re: Family Photo - 07/06/05 11:59 PM
Drat ! ... The link won't work on my computer.
Posted By: Wid Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 12:00 AM

Not just yours.............mine too.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 12:06 AM
OK, now we know who the dirty ones are....
Posted By: Wid Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 01:24 AM
I'm sure we're not the only ones,we were the only ones dumb enough to reply that it's not working
Posted By: craigsub Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 01:28 AM
Personally, I like to think of it as being supportive of the female form in all its splendor. This is art appreciation we are talking about here, not "dirty".

Well ... ok ... maybe a LITTLE dirty....

Posted By: JohnK Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 02:12 AM
Peter,that's about the hottest thing I've ever seen on the net; something must be wrong with some of these guys' browser settings.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 02:16 AM
Wid - They are trying to see of we will look again. DON'T fall for it ...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 02:40 AM
I'm in the clear, seeing as how I don't have a computer. . .oh, wait. . .that won't work.

I need to work on these excuses a bit.

Color me, err, guilty.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 11:27 AM
Back to the intent of the post: Seriously, where are the photos of the more recent Axiomites?
Posted By: freesey Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 11:41 PM

I hope this works. Im the guy with the oranges shades. Im damn sexy. My family and I were on vacation in Winnipeg, where I was born. I miss it very much. From left to right, my mother(bless her), my sister, myself, and my best friend. It was shot after a wedding.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 11:44 PM
Wow. Your avatar even wears orange shades.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Family Photo - 07/07/05 11:48 PM
And appears to be eating a bucket of kfc.....
Posted By: freesey Re: Family Photo - 07/08/05 12:09 AM
Its coincidence! My avatar is an edited shot of Gold Leader from star wars a new hope; some guy on somethingawful.com put in a bucket of KFC and a nascar sticker I think its hilarious - cause that guy MUST be over the weight restrictions to fly an X-Wing - like Comeon! Even his name is Porkins!
Posted By: freesey Re: Family Photo - 07/08/05 02:36 AM

There he is in all his glory.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Family Photo - 07/12/05 11:19 PM
i feel like i am looking into a mirror..

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 08/19/05 03:51 AM
Another shameless kid bump. You guys usually only get to see a tiny shrunken head of my son Steven, so here's a better shot taken only two days ago (by my brother with his shiny new Canon EOS 20D digital SLR).

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 08/19/05 04:18 AM
I could have swore i replied to this thread once already. With a pic.

Ah well anyway heres a recent one.

Posted By: BrenR Re: Family Photo - 08/20/05 06:16 PM
In reply to:

I hope this works. Im the guy with the oranges shades.

And you're standing in front of, looks like the church on McGregor St. and Stella Ave.

Strangely, there is no one passed out on the sidewalk behind you or getting mugged.

Bren R.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Family Photo - 08/20/05 11:51 PM
HOLY CRAP!! BREN'S BACK!! damn brother, i thought you were in a ditch somewhere.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Family Photo - 08/21/05 03:12 AM
In reply to:

HOLY CRAP!! BREN'S BACK!! damn brother, i thought you were in a ditch somewhere.

Nope... the rumours of my demise were premature... just the same every summer (well, only been posting here two summers) work from sunup to sundown to make deadlines. *insert whiny drivel here*

I have no idea how I'll catch up with the posts... wish there was a "Mark All as Read" button so I could start frmo scratch.

Bren R.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Family Photo - 08/21/05 11:48 AM
There kinda is. Just open up the forum and close it again. You don't need to open each thread or read the messages. Close the web page when done. Next time you come back, they are marked as read.

I skip over a lot of threads now because it got to be too much, but use this all the time to make it appear like I got them all so I know what I really need to look at the next time.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Family Photo - 12/31/05 03:35 PM
Thought it was time to give this a free bump, I'll see if I can dig up a pic to post, by the way, Wid your right you do have about 8-9 yrs on me.

I love the shirt by the way...
Posted By: Wid Re: Family Photo - 12/31/05 03:39 PM
I like seeing this thread back. There's a lot of new people since the last time this thread was bumped.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Family Photo - 01/01/06 07:56 AM
In reply to:

Im damn sexy.

Yep.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 08:04 PM
Bump.....
Where's the photos of the new guys (and girls?)
Posted By: keend0 Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 08:52 PM
Don't know if this is going to work or not but here it goes.
Me and one of my favorite past times.

[image]http://flickr.com/photos/52463190@N00/154347496/[/image]

The reason I do not get to enjoy my hobbies as much as in the past.
[image]http://flickr.com/photos/52463190@N00/154347498/in/photostream/[/image]

OK....I am better with a fishing pole than with a keyboard. What went wrong?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 09:20 PM
I think you need to have a jpg. or gif. designation at the end of the link.
Posted By: keend0 Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 09:54 PM
Let's see if this works.
Me and one of my favorite past times.

The reason I do not get to enjoy my hobbies as much as in the past.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 10:10 PM
Good Lookin' Family!

I'm pretty sure one of those fish is bigger than your son!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Family Photo - 05/27/06 10:30 PM
WOW! What a bunch of cuties. That little guy is a doll.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 05/30/06 02:03 PM
Cute family. They may just be my kids' greatest competition in the world-wide cuteness contest.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Family Photo - 05/30/06 02:44 PM
I'd like to enter this little fella into the contest:

Nolan is 9 months old now. Soon Daddy will be brave enough to show his face also!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 05/30/06 03:04 PM
Looks like he's saying "WTF was that noise?"
Posted By: medic8r Re: Family Photo - 05/30/06 03:20 PM
At least he's not as bad as my dog, who has on occasion, ripped one and then jumped up in a start and looked around in a true "WTF moment"
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Family Photo - 05/31/06 01:25 AM
Sounds like you have one smart dog. I'm serious.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Family Photo - 05/31/06 02:43 AM
You know, you got me thinking about that. I had just laughed it off as funny, i.e., "Stupid dog, doesn't know it just ripped one."

But what if the dog was just acting?

Man, I just ripped one! Quick! Better jump up and pretend like I just got startled by a weird noise so that maybe they'll think that someone else did it!

Now if I ever caught that on tape, I'd be in business.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Family Photo - 05/31/06 06:26 AM
I would begin to worry when we starts looking at you accusingly.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Family Photo - 06/02/06 03:45 PM
David and JP,

VERY adorable kids. And fish. Thanks!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Family Photo - 06/08/06 04:44 AM
You know how most everyone thinks their kids are amazingly cute, but then you see the pictures and just smile and nod, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings?

Not the case here. You guys have some really adorable children.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Family Photo - 06/08/06 01:23 PM
I hope one day we'll be able to say that same to you, Craig.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Family Photo - 06/08/06 04:13 PM
Yes... some day when Mr. Bear outgrows that awkward stage, and because an attractive youn... never mind.

Bren R.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Family Photo - 06/08/06 04:51 PM
Me 19 years ago:

Me 19 years later:

I think I got copied somewhere in the process...
Posted By: keend0 Re: Family Photo - 06/09/06 12:20 PM
I noticed the security camera hanging from the top bunk in what looks like a dorm room. What might the camera be taping????
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Family Photo - 06/09/06 04:07 PM
That would a be a fake security camera, unless I miss my mark.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Family Photo - 06/14/06 11:47 PM
The camera even goes "Beep Beep Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" if i pull the duct tape off the infared sensor.
Posted By: Thasp Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/15/06 05:14 PM
Fine, but this will only be up for a day.

That is what I wear to work due to their lack of A/C vents on the main floor and what I wear at home due to the hectic central A/C we have this year.

Posted By: Zarak Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/15/06 05:53 PM
A day...the picture already isn't there!
bump....bump....bump....
Do the hustle!
I love this thread...let's see some more pictures people!
Ok, this first picture is my "What the Hell are you doing taking my picture" look. My oldest daughter is on the right, and the boy is on the left.

5 points to the first person who can guess the location.

This picture was taken last month in Lakeland (FLA), with my Uncle Al (He's 86). Gotta love the blown highlight right on my receding hairline.

Posted By: JasonB Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/09/07 08:23 PM
A guess at the location, I'd say a wedding in either Hamilton or Burlington... total guess though
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/09/07 09:07 PM
Location? Waterfront. Definitely a waterfront.
and outdoors.

We are definitly narrowing it down (aren't we)???
You guys are hilarious. Yes, it is outdoors. And by the waterfront. And in Ontario looking across to the US. And it's not Hamilton or Burlington.
Niagara Falls?
We need a CSI investigator to solve this crime, daaaant di daaaaaaaaaa, won't get fooled again.........
Nope. Does this help?

Shawn, your kids are too cute.

I guess they must look like their mom.
As Ray so eloquently put it - they've spent more time swimming in their mothers end of the gene pool.
Gene pool indeed.

Lovely photos.
I don't recognize the big clock tower.
Thanks Chess. I think.....

Hint - It's a river that connects two lakes.
Location: You are in Windsor, looking at the Detroit skyline?
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!! We have a winner!!

My next hint would have been: Think NAIAS.
Quote:

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!! We have a winner!!

My next hint would have been: Think NAIAS.

Good thing I guessed right because you would have lost me on the NAIAS thing!

Anyone else with pictures????????
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/10/07 02:23 AM
I can't believe we're on page 39 of this thread, and Ray and I are on page 8. Doesn't feel like I've been around here that long (except, of course, to those who feel I'm a PITA )
I can't beleive it's taken me this long to post.... I've been hanging out here since '02!
Quote:

Hint - It's a river that connects two lakes.

The Nile?
No, no, that connects two much larger bodies of water.
Just give me another minute, it will come to me.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/10/07 03:16 AM
More pictures, less talk!

now you have a face to go with all my foolish comments

uh-oh! I think it's time for another installment of...

SEPARATED AT BIRTH!

oh my, that is hilarious, the resemblance is uncanny.
who is that guy ?

I think I had a dream about him
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/10/07 08:35 PM
Jeffrey Jones, who will always be Ed Rooney from Ferris Bueller's Day Off to me.

Bren R.
thanks
I'll hafta add that movie to my que on blockbuster online. If i ever saw it before, those brain cells are out to lunch
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/12/07 05:47 AM
That's a nice ceiling you have there.
What do you expect when Verne Troyer is your family photographer?
Oh, real good guys.

Let's start critiqueing the photos so no one ne wants to post!
hey...I was morphed with David Lee Roth. Everyone's fair game!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/12/07 09:24 PM
I'm with Spiff here! I remember that unfortunate incident where I posted a pic of the family and very quickly found myself the victim of photoshop magic morphing into ---- The Tick!!

Although I should add that the Tick outfit DOES continue to make me feel pretty. I try to wear it to work a couple of days a week.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/13/07 03:13 AM
My favorite morph (Thank you, Peter! ).

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/13/07 12:47 PM
I need more material! Post your pics, people! You, too, can become a celebrity.
Bring it on, My wife and I would love it!

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/13/07 05:01 PM
Michael, that is one beautiful woman. WOOF!
Thanks Jack, That will put a big smile on my wifes face also
Posted By: bray Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/13/07 05:47 PM
I just dont see how guys that look like you get such hot women.

LOL!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 02/14/07 02:13 AM
You/she have/has her/your eyes and mouth.

That lipstick is a good color for you, Michael.
Peter and Sean, Lol, you guys are to much, I guess I should have known better than to post pics
Peters version has us looking like some of those Hollywood folks who have overdone the plastic surgery.
Bump,

Ok, I promised Wid back in Dec 05 that I would try to find a picture. Here is one from Dec 06 of the family.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 01:30 AM
Now for the underhanded compliments!

Your kids are lucky your wife looks better than you do.
Quote:

Now for the underhanded compliments!

Your kids are lucky your wife looks better than you do.

LOL!

Good one, Peter.

Nice looking family, Randy.
Posted By: CV Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 01:49 AM
I like the clouds. They're just dark enough to be ominous, almost like they could signal a series of unfortunate circumstances in one's home theater.
Quote:

Bump,

Ok, I promised Wid back in Dec 05 that I would try to find a picture. Here is one from Dec 06 of the family.

I FINALLY know what you look like. About time. The only glimpse of me is during a "construction" photo on my web site. Not real pretty in a grubby t-shirt and shorts... Maybe, someday, I'll post a picture...
Maybe you'll recognize me at Lowes or Menards someday.
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 09:06 PM

It's nice to put a face with the voice. Nice looking family Randy.
thanks dude, someday when we get togethor for an Axiom bash we can chat in person and compare amps.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 09:39 PM
Here's a recent pic of me and my little girl.

Peter's the one on the left.

Nice pic, Peter. But you need to work on your product placement.
That's a great pic Peter! What prompted that look? Action shots are the best.

Randy, nice photo of you and your family. It's kinda weird to see a face after so long of faceless chatting.

Thank you both for sharing
Thanks Dave,

Yes I agree. I saw you on your website video clip of the haunted yard. Actually, my hair is normally longer than in that picture.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 10:00 PM

That's me on the left...with my poppa about 40 years ago. He sure has great taste in sculptures .
Classic one Mojo...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 11:05 PM
Oh my god, she's huuuuge!
Posted By: CV Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/01/07 11:43 PM
Here I am forcing a smile, but no teeth.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 12:22 PM
OMG Peter. That's a classic. I hope you'll save that pic and show it to all her boyfriends when she starts dating (around the age of 32 or so ).
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 12:24 PM
Randy, that's a lovely family. It's good to have an idea of what you look like after all these years.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 12:27 PM
Excellent photo, Mojo. If I'm ever in your area, I'll know exactly the face to look for. (Jeez! Though doubtful, another one young enough to be a kid of mine.)
Quote:

another one young enough to be a kid of mine.)

There's lots of us under 65...................Dad.
Posted By: RickF Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 01:01 PM
And many of us are actually under 50...............Grandad.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 02:21 PM
I don't get no respect 'round here. I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of the Axiom forum.
Posted By: HAY Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 02:23 PM
Quote:

Actually, my hair is normally longer than in that picture.

Nice family picture, it's funny in my mind I've always envisioned you with long hair or a mullet...not sure why.

It's nice to put faces to the people you see on the board after a few years. It's funny some of the pictures you (at least me) come up with in your mind for people.
Yeah, back in the 80's dude.
Posted By: HAY Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 03:23 PM
Only to be fair I looked for some pics... I have so many but I'm taking almost all of them. So I had to go back to a cruise in Alaska to get my wife and I together...

Here's one of our son at the local fire station trying out with all the other new recruits - driving. (I'm not a fireman)

Advanced training with one of our finest...

Hay there Hay,

Nice looking family you have there man. Some day I hope I can visit more parts of beautiful Canada.
Nice looking family HAY! Your wife has perfect teeth!!
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/02/07 06:55 PM
Quote:

And many of us are actually under 50...............Grandad.

We all know it's not long before the big 50 for Mr. Rick
That glacier looks familiar. Columbia?
Posted By: HAY Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/04/07 02:59 AM
Quote:

Nice looking family HAY! Your wife has perfect teeth!!

Dentures sure have come a long way... kidding. Thank you, and she never had braces or anything.
Posted By: HAY Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 06/04/07 03:03 AM
Quote:

That glacier looks familiar. Columbia?

Hubbard Glacier up in Alaska.

We couldn't get very close as it was a particularly bad year for ice when we were there It was one of the big things I was looking forward to. It was still a beautiful day and incredible trip. Highly recommended.
Oh, thought for sure that was the Columbia. It's just a thirty minute boat ride from where I live.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: new Axiom slogan - 06/18/07 05:11 AM
"Axiom: Our owner's children are cuter than yours"

I swear, don't any of you have ugly kids?
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: new Axiom slogan - 06/18/07 12:55 PM
Well I wasn't going to post this but you talked me into it...

Posted By: medic8r Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 03:33 PM
*bump*

Are any of you new guys brave enough to reveal your face?

I'm working on uploading some newer pics, but until then, here's one of me and Nolan at the D.C. Cherry Blossom Festival, 3-31-07. He's 1.5 years old then (3 now).

Posted By: Ken.C Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 03:54 PM
Funny, he looks sane. Oh, wait, that's Nolan. The guy underneath him looks like an axe murderer with a penchant for mediocre chain restaurant food.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 04:15 PM
 Quote:
Hmm. Just looked at my avatar more closely and saw a pair of boobs under the mouth.

Hmm. Just looked at your avatar actual photo more closely and saw a pair of boobs under the mouth.

Running....... ducking.........
Posted By: CV Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 04:17 PM
Stand your ground, man!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 04:17 PM

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 04:20 PM
Now I see it! Thanks!
Posted By: medic8r Re: new Axiom slogan - 09/09/08 05:08 PM
Mark, $10 if you Photoshop some nipples/areolas on there for me.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/09/08 05:53 PM
So I'm wondering to myself, "Which is better - 'boob chin' a la Jabba the Hutt, or 'balls chin' a la Peter Griffin?"

Me? I'd take "boob chin"...
Posted By: CV Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/09/08 06:00 PM
I'd be stroking my chin a lot. People would think I was thoughtful, which perhaps I would be.
Posted By: myrison Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 01:13 AM
Amazing - I was just thinking the other day how Axiom needed a thread like this... who knew it already existed here in the Water Cooler. I'll work up the courage to post a picture soon. \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 04:26 AM
Picture taken at six flags over texas.

Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 01:01 PM
You don't look like your avatar.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 01:19 PM
I wish I could say the same for you.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 01:26 PM
I wondered who would step up to the plate for that softball ...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 02:15 PM
Yeah, ol' shorty had to grab that one.
Posted By: myrison Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 04:46 PM
So, last night I read through the first 30 pages of this thread to find that about 90% of the pictures originally posted are no longer visible, so for us new guys, we need to post our pictures and also need the "grizzled veterans" to post theirs again as well. (While I didn't find many pictures, I did learn that Peter speaks German) \:\)

Peter, Ich auch.. I've spent two years of my life living in Germany... Frankfurt and Marburg. What's your story? (Feel free to PM me. I'm curious.)

So, a call to arms! All you regular posters, show us your mugs! \:\)

Here's mine (me and the new baby a few weeks ago):

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 05:04 PM
Congrats on the new kid! He/she looks impressed at something.

Ich lernte Deutsch für vier Jahre im "High School" und eine Semester bei UC Berkeley.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 05:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: myrison
So, last night I read through the first 30 pages of this thread to find that about 90% of the pictures originally posted are no longer visible, so for us new guys, we need to post our pictures and also need the "grizzled veterans" to post theirs again as well.

Yeah, that's weird cuz the photo I posted is still in my photobucket account. I wonder if photobucket changed the urls during some sort of upgrade. Well, here is the photo, of this grizzled veteran, I posted way back when.

I'm a lot more grizzled now (but still popular with the ladies )

Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 05:20 PM
Me too, two years in college, but it's long gone.

I think baby is making Daddy a present.

+1 Congrats!
+1 Cute kid!
+1 The call for more pictures!

Dittohead, signing off for the day. Got a full afternoon. Later, Mater!

Posted By: DaveG Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 06:05 PM
A cold ferry ride to Washington Island.

Dave

It MUST have been cold... his nipples look like JPs chin....
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 07:05 PM
Wow. This photobucket meltdown is likely to harsh my mellow in a number of threads.

Here are JP, me, Ken and Peter outside RFD in DC a few years ago. We really are this blurry in real life.

Here are the tuttles and the medic8r's on the Oregon coast in 2007.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 07:16 PM
Cruise in July 08, I realized after looking through 1000 pics I'm in about 3, I guess that happens once the kids come along.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 09:22 PM
Don't be bashful Tom. You guys went all over the place:

India:

Iraq:

Egypt:

even underwater:

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 09:44 PM
Tom, the gal in the front row looks like Sara Palin. \:\)
Posted By: SRoode Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 10:59 PM
Here's the SRoode clan!

Posted By: JaimeG Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 11:22 PM
Nevermind... :-)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 11:40 PM
Cute kids, Steve! Another data point in spiffnme's theory that Axiom owners can't make ugly kids. \:\)
Posted By: SRoode Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/10/08 11:46 PM
Regardless of what daddy looks like! ;\)

Thanks Pete
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 01:21 AM
Now I see the resemblance with your avatar. \:\)
Posted By: myrison Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 01:43 AM
Thanks for posting guys. Good to see who you all are behind your ultra-witty personalities. \:\)

Keep the picture coming!
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 04:28 AM
My daughters and I last Christmas

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 04:36 AM
Dig the goatee, Luc!!

By the way, I'd like to add in the most diplomatic way, your daughters are further proof of spiffnme and pmbuko's theory.
Posted By: CV Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 04:39 AM
Your diplomacy is showing maybe a little too much.
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 04:44 AM
It was either too much diplomacy or too much beer... Their mother was good looking ;\)

When the goatie is brushed out properly and the tatts are showing it generally keeps the boys in their places they are always nice to my girls
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 04:57 AM
 Quote:
When the goatie is brushed out properly and the tatts are showing it generally keeps the boys in their places they are always nice to my girls

It always helps to be "conveniently" cleaning your gun collection every time one comes calling.
Posted By: Wid Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 11:01 AM
 Quote:
It always helps to be "conveniently" cleaning your gun collection every time one comes calling.

It works too
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 05:42 PM
Yeah, Peter, those were good times, too.

Beautiful picture, Luc!
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 05:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid
 Quote:

It works too

Particularly when your avatar carries it around the boards. ;\)
Posted By: grunt Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 08:54 PM
This is the only picture I have that isn’t more than 15 years old.

Where do you holster your lightsaber on that?
Posted By: grunt Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 09:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Where do you holster your lightsaber on that?

It’s fix like a bayonet on the end of the rifle but I cropped it off. \:\(
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/11/08 09:13 PM
 Quote:
In high school, my homecoming dance date's father was cleaning his Civil War gun collection when I came to get her. I tried to compliment him on his collection but he just started at me while he oiled the stock of a muzzle-loader.
Posted By: CV Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 03:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I tried to compliment him on his collection but he just started at me while he oiled the stock of a muzzle-loader.

Stared, or was he actually coming at you?
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 03:59 AM
 Quote:
In high school, my homecoming dance date's father was cleaning his Civil War gun collection when I came to get her. I tried to compliment him on his collection but he just started at me while he oiled the stock of a muzzle-loader.

LOL My favorite is when they come home with their date, I inquire how was the baseball game ---- Being a single parent I have always been open with the girls ----- The young lad would say we didn't go to a baseball game but the girls would blush and say DAD!!!! knowing that now they would have to explain to their date that I wanted to know what base they made it to. Sometimes I never see the young lad again - go figure \:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 06:10 AM
Good thing I'm not one of the young lads. I would have looked you in the eye and said "great, loved the home run." WHile suitably close to the front door of course.
 Quote:

My now-father-in-law pulled a similar stunt the first time I picked up his daughter from his house for a date. The difference was that I won the intimidation battle. He greeted me at the door carrying an old Ithica 12 ga. Not only did I not flintch, I was able to show him features of his shotgun he wasn't aware of - he didn't use the thing - so his little ploy didn't phase me. What he didn't understand was that I had a small arsenal, did all my own reloading and had shot trap and skeet competitively for years.

I picked up a little saying a few years back and now that I am the father of a daughter, I will probable get a chance to use it: "I have a shotgun and a shovel and I know how to use both... She'll be back by 10PM, right?"

Scott
So speaking of family, here's mine. Pics taken recently during our Gustov Hurrication.

Scott
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 12:12 PM
 Quote:
I would have looked you in the eye and said "great, loved the home run."

If you really had balls, you would have said "With the bases loaded, I hit one out of the park for a grand slam."
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 06:16 PM
Here is a recent pic from a camping trip out in Banff my son took of my wife and I.

Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 06:33 PM
Nice picture Jason. I spent a lot of mornings with my but parked pretty much where you are when I worked at the Banff Springs hotel.

By the look of those arms, you've been moving your PB13 aroudn a lot. ;\)
Posted By: myrison Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 06:49 PM
Hey Jason, good to finally put a face with the name, thanks for posting.

Jason
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/12/08 11:07 PM
Well if you haven't seen pictures of me before, here I am

[img][/img]

Here's one from New Year's 2005 \:\)

[img][/img]
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 01:06 AM
There is so much going on in that second picture that I am nearly speechless. I can't tell if I'm more impressed with your hat, your beer collection, or the action in the background!
Posted By: grunt Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 01:52 AM
If that’s a beer bandoleer you’re wearing you rate some serious man-card points and get my vote this year for El Presidente.
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 05:09 AM
By the pie-eyed look I'll bet they attached the back of the bandoleer to the wheelchair to keep him from falling out. \:D
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 12:19 PM
I thought you guys would enjoy that picture and yes you are all correct it's a beer bandolier strapped to my wheelchair holding me up LOL.
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 05:35 PM
Perfect. Always drink safely! \:D
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 11:30 PM
Funny thing is that legally I can be charged with drinking and driving because my wheelchair is in the same category as a motorized vehicle, and yes it has happened before, luckily not me though.
Posted By: Wid Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 09/13/08 11:38 PM

I was wondering if that could be the case.
bumpity-bump-bump....
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 07:23 PM
Here's my updated picture. As you can see, I'm actually getting younger.

Hey! It's that Button guy! \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 07:36 PM
ha ha lol, pretty soon he will be a stem cell.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 07:47 PM
BIO101_BOT: We don't start out as stem cells, so why would he revert to that?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 07:51 PM
just a joke, not literal
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 07:59 PM
cute pic of pmbuko back when he had zero posts!

Originally Posted By: medic8r
cute pic of pmbuko back when he had zero posts!

I'm pretty sure he already had a few thousand at that age.

All gobbledygook, but what's changed? \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 08:43 PM
Ka-ching! Mark is MONEY today!
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/18/09 08:48 PM
Alright, here's one of me from 2 years ago. When my brother's girlfriend (at the time) took my camera and pointed it back toward me. I'm not normally the photographee, so I don't have anything more recent.

I'm becoming an old fart. I posted 2 years ago on this thread.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/19/09 03:38 PM
Here's one of me and Elle Macpherson vacationing in 2005:

Posted By: Adrian Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/19/09 03:40 PM
Is she anatomically correct?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/19/09 03:44 PM
Take it from me, and my friend Bill Clinton, yes she is!

Posted By: Adrian Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 03/19/09 03:47 PM
Where's Monica? lol!!
Posted By: Wid Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 05:30 PM

Since there's been some new fellas since this last post, let's see some mug shots.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 06:17 PM
This is me on one of my better days.

Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 08:55 PM
Evolution has really held you back, Cat.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 09:43 PM
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Evolution has really held you back, Cat.

Now that, right there, is funny.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 09:49 PM
Careful, or I'll move in next door to you.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 09:54 PM
I'll bring over some thick curtains and freshly baked banana bread as welcome gift.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 09:55 PM
smile smile smile
Posted By: Ajax Re: Anyone Brave Enough to Show Your Face? - 02/25/11 10:22 PM
Sigh! A tough thread to skim through. Don't know which is worse - all the photos which have disappeared, or all the photos which remain of folks who have disappeared. BigJohn's photos are still up on page 5. Still miss that port lovin' guy.
Originally Posted By: Ajax
Still miss that port lovin' guy.

Was he in the Merchant Marines?

Oh yeah...I remember now! wink
Just in case you kind-a, sort-a, wanted to know what a CatBrat looked like. This is him in his habitat.

Also, check out

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthre...mp;t=1315502158
Posted By: J. B. Re: Are you brave enough to reveal your face? - 09/08/11 05:57 PM
you can have a look at meself here:
http://gellidius.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2mc19l
© Axiom Message Boards