Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 09:42 PM
You're all going to go see it in IMAX, right?
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 09:48 PM
Ah yes, a gret first movie, only to have the first sequal try so hard to out do the first one, that the movie completely sucked. It was full of action movie cliches.

I will see it, but I am in no rush.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 10:01 PM
I agree that the second one tried too hard. It looks like the third one calms down quite a bit.

Regardless of all that, go see it in IMAX, not 35mm. I need to stay busy! How else am I ever going to be able to afford a new TV?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 10:01 PM
Does the IMAX come out at the same time?

I can't believe I was in the same building as an IMAX showing Matrix:Reloaded for a week and didn't see it. Must have had something to with the $15 ticket...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 10:54 PM
Yes, in most theatres it will be coming out at the same time. There may be a few scattered theatres that get it later, but the vast majority will be day & date.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:17 PM
I think I'll see this one in a bit, and I'll probably fork over the cash to help fund spiffnme's next TV, too.

It really helps to go in to any sequel not expecting anything good. How else would we have been able to sit through Attack of the Clones?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:19 PM
Damned if I know how I did it... Man, those "love" scenes were awful...

CAUTION: THREAD HIJACKING IN PROGRESS!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:26 PM
The "Nipple Glory" scene (after the big battle where she falls off the speeder onto the reddish sand dune) sorta made up for those atrociously horrible love scenes.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:36 PM
Revolutions has it's own "nipple" shot.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:48 PM
Definitely IMAX then. I wanna see pores.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:52 PM
You wanna see Keanu's pores??
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:52 PM
Maybe I'm just cheap, but I hope that the IMAX in this area is cheaper than the one in the Luxor...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/04/03 11:56 PM
The Metreon website says $15. Price fixing sucks.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 12:05 AM
We've got theatres in LA that are $13 for 35mm. $15 for IMAX doesn't seem all that bad. How it's not like you go see all your movies in IMAX. We only release about two "Hollywood" films a year. The sound alone is worth the extra ticket price. It's WAAAAAAAAY better. The really big picture is just an added bonus in my book.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 01:01 AM
Also, you have to get there a little earlier so you don't get stuck staring up the actors' nostrils... The first few rows are not recommended.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 01:18 AM
good point. Those seats aren't bad for a traditional IMAX film, but you don't want to sit near the front for a Hollywood film. Sit in about the middle of the theatre, or a few rows up from there. Just stay away from the very front.

Posted By: sushi Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 04:26 AM
So, were you involved in the transfer of the film, Craig?
Posted By: Zarak Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 04:46 PM
I don't think you have to worry Spiff. I got my IMAX tickets for the movie yesterday. Wednesday except 9am, sold out, Thursday both evening shows, sold out! Looks like I am going Friday night 10PM. IMAX is 10.75 here, vs 8.5 for a normal movie. I saw the last one in IMAX...the sound alone certainly is worth it!
Posted By: curtis Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 05:48 PM
OK spiff. Going to try and see it Friday at The Bridge.

I saw the last one there, and during the mega-fight scene....I got dizzy.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 06:19 PM
I just saw the 6am screening at Universal City Walk. Holy smokes! That's the first time I've seen it complete in IMAX. I had the worst seat in the house and I was still impressed. (Breaking my arm, patting myself on the back)

Overall the PQ is better than in Reloaed (we're learning more each time we do this) SQ is amazing as usual.

More importantly though, this is just a better movie. The story is much better. A lot less flash. Don't let Reloaded stop you from going to Revolutions.

The final fight between Neo and Agent Smith is awesome. Not because of flashy effects, but because we've been waiting for their showdown for two movies now! It doesn't disappoint!
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 06:29 PM
More cliche's after cliche's.

Hey, we KNOW. Neo is liek Christ. We see how you are relating the religious part into it.

NOW STOP HITTING US OVER THE HEAD WITH IT.

Seriously, when a movie has to keep slapping you on theside of the head reminding you that a character is supposed to be like story of Christ, you have a serious problem with plot and character developement.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 06:49 PM
Looks like somebody has a case of the Wednesdays...

I really don't understand how anyone can get so worked (negatively) about a movie. Can you explain why you find it so annoying?
Posted By: JasonG Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 06:59 PM
Not enough flair.
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 07:02 PM
I am sorry. I will instead get very happy because it had the name Matrix in it.

I really do not understand why someone can not have an opinion on this movie that is not good. I am not worked(as in worked up, heated), caps are used to show emphasis.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 07:14 PM
I'm not saying you can't have an opinion. (Why do people always say that when anyone asks them to explain their point of view?) In fact, I respect your opinion. Not enough people question the things they're being force-fed by pop culture.

The fact that The Matrix is a gargantuan Hollywood ploy to suck money out of your pockets should be enough to turn most people off to it -- the MPAA is just as bad as the RIAA.

However, some escapism once in a while is not unhealthy. And there's no better place to find escapism than in Hollywood movies.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 07:19 PM
I've never really thought about the Christ parallel. It's been pointed out to me, but it just seems silly to me. But that's probably because I find christianity in general silly. Taken as a whole, the Matrix Trilogy is just a good old fashioned Good vs. Evil story. Much like Star Wars, or The Lord of the Rings is. It's not nearly as deep as people are trying to make it out.

I totally agree that Reloaded was a non-stop barrage of cliches. It was a pretty terrible movie. Lots of neat effects and stunts, but all at the expense of the story. Revolutions goes back to the story and lets the excitement of the story carry the film, rather than the excitement of the stunts carry the story. It really is much better than Reloaded.
Posted By: JasonG Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 07:59 PM
I was attempting to continue the Office Space joke, and did not mean to judge your opinion of the movie.

I have no opinion, as I haven't seen it yet.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 08:14 PM
In reply to:

The fact that The Matrix is a gargantuan Hollywood ploy to suck money out of your pockets should be enough to turn most people off to it -- the MPAA is just as bad as the RIAA.

Damn Peter, you're making me feel dirty -Geesh. Yeah, we're in the business to make money, but the idea is to make something entertaining as well. I think The Matrix Trilogy is vastly entertaining. Certainly worth the $13 I paid this morning (and will again Saturday night) to see it.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 08:16 PM
btw...if you sit through all the credits you'll see my name at the very end! (Only in IMAX theatres)
Posted By: curtis Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 08:53 PM
6am????

You got credits this time?? Congrats!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 08:56 PM
Yep...I had to get my tired ass up at 5am to get there. Bleck... It was fun though.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 10:02 PM
Sorry spiff. I realize my statement was a little harsh. In my effort to show JimmyTango that I'm not a prick, I neglected to flesh out the other side of the coin.

While Hollywood does suck money out of our pockets, it also puts money into a lot of peoples pockets -- most of whom work behind the scenes. In fact, the vast majority of people Hollywood employs (of which you probably count yourself one) aren't filthy rich (i.e. easy to hate).

In addition to that, they do put out some entertaining movies, even though many are COMPLETELY formulaic and unoriginal.
Posted By: curtis Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 10:20 PM
are you kidding...spiff is filthy rich!

Nice car, awesome audio system, plays tennis all the time, nice place in west LA........
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 10:47 PM
I'm far from filthy rich. I rent my apartment. I lease my car. I bought all my audio equipment used. I get free tennis courts. I just stretch a buck better than most people.
Posted By: Zarak Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:23 PM
One request regarding this thread. As people do start going to see the movie, please mark text with ***SPOILER*** or something to that effect if you are going to talk about the actual movie. I am going Friday and don't want to ruin anything!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:32 PM
***SPOILER***

There's nipples.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:47 PM
What kind of car does spiffnme have?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:54 PM
Ferrari F50.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:55 PM
Yeah, right.

Audi A4
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/05/03 11:57 PM
Bah! I hate you spiffnme!

I have a 99 Camry v6 with a few mods; but nothing 'fast' by the standard defenition.

What year is that A4 by the way?
Posted By: JasonG Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:00 AM
You can mod a Camry? I thought rearranging the letters on the back to spell "MY CAR" was as crazy as Camry owners ever got.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:00 AM

We had a thread going of peoples cars. Check it out...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=first&Number=14284&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=audi%20a4&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=14200

Anyone care to give me a lesson on how to shorten links like that down to a keyword?

Posted By: curtis Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:03 AM
Like this:

"[url=link] title [/url] = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link."

without the quotes.
Posted By: JasonG Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:04 AM
[ url=link ] title [ /url ]

spiffnme's car

edit: four minutes should be fast enough, doggonit
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:05 AM
Sure, instead of typing [ url ]http://blah[ /url ]

Type [ url = http://blah ]KEYWORD[ /url ]

(without the spaces)
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:07 AM
Intake [which was a hassle to get in apparently even though I got it done] and a few other little things here and there. No room for a turbo so that's not an option, sadly.

Oh yea, and of course there's the stereo . JL W6v2 (not enough funds at the time for a W7) with a JL amp and a [shrug] entry level alpine deck doing all the treble [too cheap to buy another amp for just the treble in a car I plan on dumping within the next 3 years]. Crappy Kenwood speakers in there too.

It sounds decent; not good though.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 12:15 AM
my aren't we a helpful bunch...
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 02:38 PM
Anyone see that only 38% of the reviews are in favor of seeing the movie.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 03:38 PM
I saw it with my office-mates last night. I won't offer any spoilers, so you can keep reading . Even after reading all the downright terrible reviews (one I read said that the only good thing about M3 is that Jar-Jar isn't in it...), we all agreed that it was good. Many reviews state that too many questions were left unanswered, but none of us felt that way after watching it. The ending may be different than what some are expecting, but that doesn't make it a bad movie.

Certainly not as "wow!" as M1, but better than M2, IMHO. The special effects are nothing sort of jaw dropping, and I can't wait for this one to come out on DVD, as by then I'll have my Axiom setup and SVS sub .
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 04:22 PM
I agree. I'm really surprised how horrible the reviews have been. It's really MUCH better than Reloaded, yet Reloaded got fairly positive reviews. It's quite strange.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 06:08 PM
Just goes to show that you can never trust movie critics. Why do I need someone to tell me what I should and shouldn't enjoy?
Posted By: Amie Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 06:38 PM
A little off topic, I suppose, but don't we all have movies that we keep in our little collections that the critics SLAMMED and that we've watched 10 times or more? I'll confess if someone else does! Go on, name names!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 06:50 PM
Zoolander!

I LOVE that movie!

Posted By: Amie Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 07:08 PM
Now that one will be hard to beat!

I adore "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", circa 1984. My VHS cover has almost faded off! Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt, Jonathan Silverman - and a 12 year old Shannon Doherty! Classic.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 07:38 PM
Did the critics slam The Princess Bride?
Posted By: JasonG Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 09:40 PM
Pump Up the Volume and From Dusk Til Dawn. And The Princess Bride, if that one counts.
Posted By: gem41573 Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 10:20 PM
I've got to agree with Spiff on Zoolander. My wife and I were less than impressed the first time we watched it as I think our expectations were too high. But I have watched it countless times since on cable and that movie really grows on you. The 2001 Space Odyssey spoof with the computer is a classic scene.

Dude, Where's My Car also grew on me the more times I watched it on cable. Not the finest piece of cinema ever, but it's pretty funny.

Twisting this around, a darling of the critics that I thought was terrible was The Hours. Shows what they know.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 10:33 PM
In the "Dude, Where's my Car" vein -- I also highly enjoyed "Road Trip" (with that Canajun Tom Green)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/06/03 11:05 PM
In reply to:

Twisting this around, a darling of the critics that I thought was terrible was The Hours. Shows what they know.

I couldn't agree more. I loathed that movie. If I weren't with a group of friends, I would have walked out about 20 minutes into it. That movie made the idea of a warm bath and a razorblade seem comforting. Bleck...
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 12:11 AM
Hey, I'll take South Park over Big Fat Greek Pile of Crap any day!!!!!!!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 12:29 AM
I had to watch "My Big Fat Greek Ego Boost" with my wife a while ago. Dulll (yup, with three Ls).

All I can say about South Park, to borrow a phrase from Cartman, is "Kick A**!"
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:03 AM
The South Park Rocked!

Anything that's "Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" has to be good. (wow...did I just go there?) LOL
Posted By: mhorgel Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:10 AM
Mine is "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". Two hours of 5th grade level humor, and one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Can't agree more about "The Hours". Watching that movie was like ...well...watching an incredibly boring and depressing movie.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:12 AM
My favorite was when Kenneth Turan of the LA Times panned The Rock (partly because it was "too loud"). It started to be if he panned a movie, I knew I would enjoy it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:13 AM
Big Gay Al didn't bug you at all? On that note, did you see the season premiere of South Park a couple weeks ago? Funny!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:25 AM
Big Gay Al is hilarious! Stereotypes are funny!

I did catch the season premiere. Too funny that Kyle was beat up at school because he wasn't "gay" enough.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:27 AM
oh...btw. HATED "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back". (and I'm a Kevin Smith fan.)

In fact, the best Kevin Smith thing I've ever seen was "An Evening with Kevin Smith". 3+ hours of him standing at a podium talking. He's a very entertaining fellow.
Posted By: fmowry Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:29 PM
Geez, a moderator hijacks the thread Maybe we need a new thread about little known movies or secret pleasures (movies you don't want to admit you like but you do).

Back on topic, I want to see Revolutions but the friggin closest Imax (Md Science Center) doesn't carry it.

Frank
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 01:59 PM
Not a movie, but I find myself a bit ashamed at watching animé lol, but it's fun. Watch Chobits and Naruto if you ever want GOOD animé. (I hated it till about a month or so ago...)
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 03:11 PM
Craig,
that "evening with Kevin Smith" was hillarious, good call. You can just about be assured that any decent comedy isn't going to get a good revue. Another one that comes to mind is Super Troopers.
Posted By: johnbasham Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 03:51 PM
Joe's Apartment, totally crazy................and Kangaroo Jack was also pretty good.
Posted By: curtis Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 04:03 PM
My friend worked on a few movies with Kevin Smith. She says "Jay and Silent Bob" was a lot of fun to make. A lot of the crew members are actually in the movie.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 04:31 PM
I'm sure they had a blast making it. Too bad watching it wasn't nearly as fun.
Posted By: sushi Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 04:51 PM
In reply to:

movies you don't want to admit you like but you do

Charlie's Angels
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 04:53 PM
Just a warning to any of you who read Goats: The Comic Strip (http://www.goats.com) They have great big spoilers today and no warnings whatsoever. Dammit!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/07/03 06:56 PM
Dogma, on the other hand, was a great movie.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/08/03 03:39 PM
In reply to:

Dogma, on the other hand, was a great movie.

I like all Kevin Smith's movies, with the possible exception of "Chasing Amy". Too much like a chick flick.

"Clerks" is hilarious, worth the price of admission for the discussion about the ethical implications of blowing up the second death star, and I even like the universally panned "Mallrats", which is actually where my signature line comes from.

I understand why many folks don't like "Jay and Silent Bob...", as its humor is crude, and mostly refers to genitalia and bodily functions, but it makes me laugh.

Mark
Posted By: Zarak Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW - 11/08/03 08:05 PM
To take the thread back a little...

I saw revolutions in IMAX last night. There were a couple times during the movie that I thought to myself...the bass in this scene will sound great with the vtf-2! Those big metal machine gun things walking had some nice bass. IMAX in general just sounds better. As for the movie, it was alright. Pretty much what I expected. I won't go into detail for those that haven't seen it.
© Axiom Message Boards