Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/09/23 11:02 PM
Hey all,

I use a 4K Firestick for my streaming device. Been a Paramount+ subscriber for about a year. It's always been a buggie APP, but works for the most part. About 2 weeks ago, the damn thing just stopped working. I've gone through every friggin "help" suggestion, multiple times, and it does no good. I'm pretty convinced it must be some kind of firmware conflict with Amazon and CBS/Paramount, but was hoping someone on this site might have figured out a solution. Seems pointless to pay a monthly rate for a streaming service that I can't stream.

The old interweb is pretty useless. Ton's of complaints, but no real solution other than what I've already tried. I can't find a phone number to speak to a human either.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/10/23 12:17 AM
Have you tried accessing it from another device? If it’s only that device try deleting the Paramount+ app and reloading it.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/10/23 01:03 AM
I have three different Firesticks. Same problem with all. And yah, I did try to uninstall and reinstall.

What do you use to stream with? Maybe I just need to use something else?
Posted By: rrlev Re: Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/10/23 02:04 AM
In the HT: Apple TV 4K. In the family room the LG TV apps.
My iPad when more mobile.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/10/23 01:38 PM
Thanks.

I've pondered going with the Apple TV before, but just didn't cause I'm an Android user. No other reason than that....

I've seen some pretty good apple tv content through various teaser promos though.

Is there a specific model you'd recommend?
Posted By: rrlev Re: Paramount+ streaming problems - 08/10/23 01:54 PM
I have THIS ONE but there may be a newer version out by now.
Believe it will do what you want (no Apple subscriptions required) …. But that said …. Never used the paramount app.
© Axiom Message Boards