Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snippy Christmas sales! - 12/23/03 10:12 PM
I have just noticed quite an influx of new buyers in the forum! It seems like every couple of hours a new poster says "I have finally purchased my Axioms!" I do not know if it is just the Holiday season or not, but Axiom seems to be doing quite well the last few weeks.

I hope all the new buyers have been enjoying their new Axioms and us veterans are showing off our excellent setups to new buyers when they come over for the Holidays!

It seems quite funny, but it sure makes me feel good to see a company that took care of me through the buying process doing well. Hope the strong sales are a welcome holiday present to Axiom.

Similarly, I just got my brother turned on to Axioms. He is expecting at least a VP100 for Christmas and may possibly be getting more. I gave him an Axiom gift certificate for Christmas.

Axiom brings Christmas cheer to my family!

Conversely, I still do not know how my Axioms are doing since they are in San Luis Obispo, CA near where the Earthquake occured Yesterday and I am in Irvine, CA with my family.

I have no idea whether my HT survived the quake. I hope hope hope everything is OK.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Christmas sales! - 12/24/03 04:36 AM
I hope you have renter's insurance!

/self makes personal note to get renter's insurance ASAP
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Christmas sales! - 12/24/03 04:50 AM
Damn, you don't have it yet? You crazy...
Posted By: snippy Re: Christmas sales! - 12/24/03 07:00 PM
I do have renters insurance, but it does not cover earthquke. It covers fire and theft and stuff like that. Earthquake coverage would have cost a lot more a month. In hindsight it would have been a good idea, but I did not know there was even a fault in the area.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Christmas sales! - 12/24/03 10:19 PM
you live in california and you didnt know there was a fault nearby?

Posted By: snippy Re: Christmas sales! - 12/25/03 01:57 AM
I knew of the San Andreas Fault and the Newport Inglewood fault in Newport Beach. But I did not know about there being one in San Simeon. I am sure no one but a Scientist would know exactly how many faults there are in the state.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 01:35 AM
Yeah, earthquake insurance is way, way too expensive. We've only got $5000 worth. They wouldn't want to insure you against something that will probably happen. No money that way!
Posted By: snippy Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 04:43 AM
I am covered for something like $26000. I do not have any where near that much worth in stuff, it is only a one bedroom apartment. But it will cover all of my theater, DVDs, and Bed stuff. Maybe, if you count everything I actually have in my apartment it will add up to almost that much. But it also covers a hotel room if I can not live at home because of the incident.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 04:58 AM
Good thought. I think we just added up all our stuff and added $5000. I'm not really sure any more.
Posted By: curtis Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 06:00 AM
If you live in California, chances are you are close to a fault of some kind.
Posted By: TomJ Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 08:23 PM
here is a great resource for earthquake info.. I live on a landfill.. near San Andreas fault... wish me luck. Reminds me I need to get some "cabinet holders" so my entertainment center does not fall on me...

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Tom
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Christmas sales! - 12/26/03 09:50 PM
and you've taken pictures of all the things you'd ever want to replace, right?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Christmas sales! - 12/27/03 06:57 AM
grrrr....
Posted By: snippy Re: Christmas sales! - 12/29/03 01:45 AM
Everything is fine. I almost lost the VP150 off the TV, but it did not make it all the way off, it almost made it though, right to the edge.

Axioms SS24 stands witheld an earthquake with M22's on top of them if that helps anyone on the fence about their quality.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Christmas sales! - 12/29/03 03:06 AM
good to hear everything is ok Snippy...you didn't even lose the DVD stacks???
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Christmas sales! - 12/29/03 03:38 AM
Great to hear the audio gods were on your side.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Christmas sales! - 12/29/03 08:26 AM
Glad to hear it. Congrats on weathering the storm, as it were.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Christmas sales! - 12/30/03 12:56 AM
Good to hear it. I've been sweating with you for the last few days.

Mark
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Christmas sales! - 12/30/03 01:02 AM
wow...you are one lucky dude. Glad to hear it all survived.
© Axiom Message Boards