Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Server Problems? - 03/09/04 04:03 PM
Were there server problems this morning? When I did get on I noticed that my time was 5 hours behind.

^^^^^
Not to be confused with people who are telling me I'm years behind

Curious as usual.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Server Problems? - 03/09/04 04:11 PM
Yeah, I couldn't get on at all this morning.
Posted By: Amie Re: Server Problems? - 03/11/04 10:03 PM
Sorry - we were down 1:45 minutes while our host looked for the key to reboot the server! My goodness. Anyone know any good hosts out there?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Server Problems? - 03/11/04 10:34 PM
Well, I don't know if I qualify as an outstanding host, but with adequate warning, I can have cheese and crackers, a nice crab dip and a chilled bottle of red available when guests arrive. Of course, mood music will be wafting through the area from my Axiom speakers.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Server Problems? - 03/11/04 10:58 PM
I've been using Valueweb for my site (though my site probably gets 1,000,000th the traffic yours does.) As far as I know they're considered pretty good.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 06:15 AM
I thought everyone knew you serve white wine with crab dip. And never chill a bottle of red, unless it's pink.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 07:29 AM
Right on Peter...good catch. Chilled red wine?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 01:46 PM
See, thats EXACTLY why I said I don't know if I'd qualify as a good host.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 04:36 PM
It's the thought and generosity that makes a good host, not how you serve the wine. Seems to me like you'd make an excellent host...

btw...is anyone else going to offer Amie anything even remotely helpful?
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 06:51 PM
Amie,

You could try having a talk with WorldChat in Burlington, 1-800-268-3715.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Server Problems? - 03/12/04 06:59 PM
What about "Reunite on ice" with the screw cap? That's a chilled red... classy too...

And wine cellars are usually about 45 degrees F, which is pretty close to being chilled. We're not talking refrigerator cold - but you don't want your red wine to be trunk of your car on an August afternoon warm - it would dull the taste.

Amie - Sorry, no advice, just being a smart @$$.
© Axiom Message Boards