Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mwc M80 review - 03/11/04 12:23 PM
Has anyone seen the latest review of the M80s by "streetpaper" over at audioreview.com. I've emailed audioreview expressing my disapproval. The guy is clearly Axiom bashing and seems to be a few cards shy of a full deck.
Posted By: JSkip Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 12:49 PM
The fact that he compares the M80s to Bose says it all for me.

Another reviewer on that site, says "the speakers sound great for money". I only have M60s, but I have to disagree. I am by no means an expert here but they sound great, period!

John
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 01:14 PM
Well I found it very funny, looks to me as if he is taking a slap at Bose .

Anyone who has been around the home theatre environment for at least 30 seconds would surely recognize this as a poor attempt at satire.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 03:45 PM
yeah those last three reviews are pretty bad. Thats the problem with places like AR...im kinda surprised axiom advertises soo much there.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 05:22 PM
A bit silly, and I wish it was out of the ratings system, but definitely satire. Note the Sony receivers bit.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 05:42 PM
Well if you take a look, the last THREE reviews of the M80's are B.S.
Posted By: austinbirdman Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 05:50 PM
"...just me, my Cher cd, and their equipment."

Definitely satire. I for one sent in a protest and encourage others to do the same. I thought it was pretty darn amusing as satire, but it shouldn't come at the expense of audioreview.com's integrity as a non-commercial forum for reviews.

The piece is so flagrantly provocative/juvenile/satirical, it makes you wonder if the reviewer isn't trying to get a Bose-favorable post pulled from the site, perhaps to lay the groundwork for some of that company's infamous legal shenanigans. (Bose to Audioreview.com: "See, you won't even allow positive-Bose posts to remain on your site.") Pure speculation on my part, but one has to imagine Bose's lawyers are as aggressive as their marketing staff.

Birdman
Posted By: willscary Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 11:36 PM
Thanks Spiff. The second to last review was MINE. I put that in hoping to get BOTH reviews deleted...I even say that in the review. I politely asked the moderator to remove the post prior to mine...not because I disagree with it, but because it looks to me to be some drunken 15 year old having a laugh. When my request went unnoticed, I posted the reply, and asked that both reviews be deleted.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 11:39 PM
I just meant that the last three reviews weren't reviews at all. No offense intended.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M80 review - 03/11/04 11:44 PM
The guy's other reviews are odd. His Canton one is normal, but he seems to have made up a review to go along with his M80 review: the Bose 601 review. What the heck? Why us? {Calculon voice} WHYYYyyyyyy? Oh... God.... NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! {/end Calculon voice}
© Axiom Message Boards