Axiom Home Page
My first guess would be Radio Shack. But there may be online an buisness that I do not know of that you guys like. Let me know please.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: wheres the best place to buy a sound meter? - 03/17/04 08:20 PM
Most every reference I've seen to SPL meters relates to Radio Shack specifically. Most input indicates that the analog (Part # 33-4050) might be the better choice than the digital. The needle/reading doesn't seem to be as jumpy with the analog.
Posted By: Ajax Re: wheres the best place to buy a sound meter? - 03/17/04 08:28 PM
I use the digital and am quite satisfied with it, but Ray's viewpoint seems to be in the majority.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: wheres the best place to buy a sound meter? - 03/17/04 09:52 PM
Don't let me mislead you, Jack makes an excellent point - the digital is fine as well. I was simply echoing what I perceive to be general consensus.
Sure Radio Shack seems like the best place to get one, but have you ever tried to actually find one? Can't order online and no stores in my area carry it in stock. And Ebay has them going for just as much as a new one not including shipping.
My Radio Shack here in Omaha,NE had probably 5 of the analog and 5 digital when I picked mine up 6 months ago. Didnt know they were such a hot seller =)

On a side note, definitely a great investment. After hearing the difference proper tuning did for me, I have had 3 friends here at work take my SPL meter home, and then FINALLY invite me over to take a listen to their setup =)

I went to buy one at Rat Shack last week and there were only a few in the whole Mid-Atlantic region. My local store was supposed to have one sent from another but it never showed up. Mr. Stockboy at the other store forgot to label it and another store got it. I ended up driving an hour to another store to get one.

I can't help but read Monstermile's posts and think that he's pissed off and yelling at the top of his lungs. It's the icon, I know -but it just adds to the ferocity with which I read his posts. Funny...
It took everything within my power to keep from going off on that twit at RS Capn. It really did.
Now that's dedication -- or is it tenacity?
© Axiom Message Boards