Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/04/04 09:34 PM
Oye...the hits just keep on coming.

We've taken the kitchen cabinets down. Sanded everything and are repainting the kitchen. Sounds fun, no?

Getting the hinges off the cabinet doors was a real treat, as I believe they've been the same hinges since the place was built in 1964, and have been painted over countless times. With some effort, we did it though. The kitchen is now all painted, and the doors are nearly done as well. It's coming together and looking quite nice. We went to Home Depot last night to get some new hinges, as the old ones were beat. (any of you into this whole home improvement biz probably know where this is going...)

I can't find those hinges anywhere. I've been to three hardware stores, and am now beginning an online search. Sh*t.

I need a 2 3/4" semi-concealed hinge with an 5/8" offset. It's that odd sized offset that's the problem. Nearly all new hinges are 3/4" with a few 1/2"'ers kicking around. The hardware store I visited today called his dealer and found out that the company that made these dang things has since gone out of business. Great.

So once again I call upon the might Axiom board members for help in my search. 2 3/4" semi-concealed hinges with a 5/8" offset. Preferrably in polished chrome. (but at this point I may take whatever I can get!)

Posted By: squirrelyz Re: OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/04/04 09:40 PM
have you tried www.restorationhardware.com ?

^billy
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/04/04 09:50 PM

Found them!

Posted By: curtis Re: OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/04/04 10:44 PM
Congrats....and they are in San Diego too.....a short trip if you need them real fast.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/05/04 12:12 AM
As always, we were glad to be of help spiff.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: OT: Another "new" home issue - 05/05/04 02:48 AM
dang things arent cheap are they??

WOW, moving into a new house..OH the memories. thank golly i forgotten most of them!

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards