Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/20/04 07:42 AM
Yep, it's my first. Not doing enything special, other than hanging around with Steven all day and showing him how to drink beer and use the BBQ at the same time.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/20/04 08:57 AM
That should be amusing... Happy father's day, guys!

Maybe someday I'll get around to joining your august ranks.
Posted By: Wid Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/20/04 10:49 AM
Its 5:44 am and I'm getting ready to go fishing on Fathers Day.Its our day so we get to do what we like.Happy Fathers Day guys.
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/20/04 11:58 AM
We just got a brand new puppy two days ago, so does this count as my first father's day?

I feel like it. He's on my lap now and I got up with him at 5:40am yesterday and 6am this morning. He's in for a shock when it is time for us to go to work tomorrow. I'm going to feel bad for the little guy.
Sounds like a great plan. I'm doing the same thing... My girls love to bring Dad beer, even if I don't want one.
It doesn't get any better than that .
This will be my sixth Father's Day.
Posted By: rpj Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 01:00 AM
Happy Fathers Day all.

My 2nd...went to the zoo and had a blast. My wife noted I didn't receive a gift, so I suggested I finally go ahead and order the Axiom speakers I've been contemplating. She thought that was a pretty good idea.

Posted By: rcvecc Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 01:35 AM
happy fathers day everyone,spent mine at my 4 year olds dance recital,gotta love it.....hey spiff,,did mr.bear get you a card?.....ron
Posted By: Wid Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 01:48 AM
My wife and I are waiting to pick up a new pug puppy in a couple of weeks I'll let you know then.I'm sure it does though.
Posted By: littleb Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:01 AM
Man, do I ever feel old reading this. Where's Ajax? My eldest just moved out of the house. G-U-T wrench, city. I think the worst thing about being a father is the day they leave.
Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:10 AM
In reply to:

I think the worst thing about being a father is the day they leave.

My oldest is only sixteen and we're such buds. I just hate to think about him leaving the nest when the time comes.

Posted By: littleb Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:24 AM
Whatever you do keep him away from girls. As soon as the girlfriend enters his life, he's as good as gone.
Posted By: curtis Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:36 AM
My daughter will be 5 in a couple of months. I am dreading the day she starts dating.

My son will be 7 next month....that is another set of worries.

But I love being a father!
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:57 AM
In reply to:

Man, do I ever feel old reading this. Where's Ajax?

I think I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of this forum. "I don't got no respect!" He didn't even bother to use a smilie to show he was kidding. Sheesh!!!!!!!!
Posted By: littleb Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 02:25 PM
I'm sorry, AJ, I'm s-o Sorry. Please forgive me!!!!
Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 02:45 PM
Too late, he already has a girl friend. The good thing is that he likes to have his girl friend and other friends over to the house to swim and hang out watching movies in my home theater room. So it's not too bad...yet.
Posted By: littleb Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 03:08 PM
I don't think I ever really wanted to be a father. I just like my wife a lot, and she wanted to be a mother. One of those As you wish scenarios. But, once the little tikes were running around, I couldn't imagine being without them.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 04:34 PM
In reply to:

One of those As you wish scenarios.

Oh, my sweet Westley!
In reply to:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of those As you wish scenarios.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, my sweet Westley!

Haven't we already been down this same road before?

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 07:59 PM
Anybody want a peanut?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 08:42 PM
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia."

Oops.
Posted By: littleb Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:00 PM
It's a possibility.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:03 PM
littleb, I know it's gut wrenching when they leave. It's a whole different thing when they come back.

I had a unique Dad's Day offering that I'll share. My oldest (27) went to Italy with her guy of 3 years. I told my wife that we should expect an excited phone call from a gondola in Venice with news of an engagement. It happened exactly as I predicted. Pretty neat.

Now, we will need to organize some OT thread to funnel the much needed contributions to pay for a wedding next year. Shouldn't need much. I can probably get the free hall for free. Really, how much can a barrel of beer, a tub of hot dogs and a polka band cost? Oh, and a bottle of carbonated Ripple for the toast.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:06 PM
Hey, you're old enough to be my dad! I turned 27 last month.

It's always nice when the free hall is, indeed, free.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:08 PM
I'm only 34. I was VERY precocious!
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:11 PM
Are you kidding? He's old enough to be MY dad!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/21/04 11:15 PM
Interesting, this is the first time in my life I have felt really, really, really old.
In reply to:

I had a unique Dad's Day offering that I'll share. My oldest (27) went to Italy with her guy of 3 years. I told my wife that we should expect an excited phone call from a gondola in Venice with news of an engagement. It happened exactly as I predicted. Pretty neat.

Now, we will need to organize some OT thread to funnel the much needed contributions to pay for a wedding next year. Shouldn't need much. I can probably get the free hall for free. Really, how much can a barrel of beer, a tub of hot dogs and a polka band cost? Oh, and a bottle of carbonated Ripple for the toast.

Interesting, this is the first time in my life I have felt really, really, really old.

Ray,

At least (if I remember correctly), you have been able to put in the time before she got married. My daughter will have been married for two years in August...and I turn 44 in November...Thank goodness they are waiting to have kids...Sheesh!

I understand how you feel, dude. My son is 12 and recently confessed to his mother about his first kiss...

E Gads...

PS. Why do you need a Polka Band? You've got Axioms, an SVS, a 3803 and a CD player, right?

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Happy Father's Day to all the dads - 06/22/04 12:47 AM
That makes sense - a really good polka SACD!!! I wonder if those terms are mutually exclusive.
© Axiom Message Boards