Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb first sacd - 06/21/04 03:18 AM
I finally got around to getting a sacd. I listened to it today on my Pioneer 563a. Did I mention it was a Father's Day gift. I was given the Who's rock opera Tommy by one of my wonderful children, since I was either too lazy to do so myself or I didn't take advantage of this media due to old fogey cynicism. The listening experience can only be described by me with one word--interesting.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: first sacd - 06/21/04 08:30 AM
I take it that's a mutichannel SACD, then? It takes a bit of getting used to, and not all mixes are created equal.
Posted By: littleb Re: first sacd - 06/21/04 02:22 PM
It is a multichannel mix. It sounded kind of gimmicky, during the first 3 or 4 tracks, but the pinball wizard was very nice.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: first sacd - 06/21/04 03:00 PM
try 'darkside of the moon', that one will dang near put you in a trance. i have heard everyone say that the elton john 'yellow brick road' is pretty good also.

bigjohn
Posted By: mhorgel Re: first sacd - 06/21/04 05:09 PM
I would also highly recommend the DVD-Audio of "Tubular Bells 2003" by Mike Oldfield.

Mark
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: first sacd - 06/21/04 07:46 PM
I have the same player. Love it. For the price you can't go wrong. I have several SACD's and agree that they are not created equal. I made the mistake of buying a few of my favorite artists on SACD the same day I picked up the pioneer. I look at the reviews now on all SACD or DVDA releases.

© Axiom Message Boards