Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hawkson101 Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 02:47 AM
I was Curious as to where everybody originally heard about Axiom Speakers.

As for myself I read an online review from goodsound.com and I continued my research at avsforum.com which is where I learned about the website here.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 02:54 AM
Peter (pmbuko) bought some. I had originally seen the ads in the Audio Revolution newsletters.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 03:09 AM
I think it was a SoundStage.com review that first intrigued me. I was in my best-of-Circuit-City stage and was pretty pleased with my Harman Kardon AVR 65 driving a pair of -$3,000 Infinity Composition Overture 3 towers, Infinity CC3 center and RS3's in the side surround positions.

Then I stumbled on an auction for the Merak MC6H center channel speaker and read it was made by Axiom, so I picked one up from ubid.com for $19 on a whim. The Merak had that weird Axiom shaped cabinet, twin 6.5" drivers and a horn tweeter which when you took it apart looked like it must have cost Axiom about $1.39. I didn't expect much when I tried them out. Knock me down with a feather! This Merak center sounded better than the expensive Infinity CC3 center, not by a little, but a lot. So, I ordered a pair of M3Tis, and they blew the Infinity Overture 3 towers away. I had never heard the likes of these little jewels.

I sold my Infinities. I sold my HK receiver and it's been all Axiom or Axiom made speakers for me ever since.
Posted By: player8 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 03:42 AM
During my first search of speakers, I was perusing the Bose reviews at Audioreview.com and someone made a list of speakers that sound better than the 901's for the price. I checked out all of the speakers he listed and Axiom was one of the speakers on the list.
Posted By: James_T Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 03:49 AM
hometheaterforum.com while looking for reviews about speakers in general. Then the spot and avs forum and checked out audioreview.com as well.

jr
Posted By: INANE Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 04:15 AM
ARS Technica Forums

Posted By: Wid Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 10:42 AM
I heard about them at Audioreview.After that I read every review I could find.
Posted By: littleb Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 01:04 PM
This desire of mine to upgrade my old technics floorstanders started with my son. He had purchased PSB 5ts and he kept telling me my Technics were doo doo. I started to see that he was right. So, the search was on. After a couple failed attempts at an upgrade I started looking around the web for an answer. I believe I found Axiom by clicking on one of those banner ads over at audio review. Wowie, I had found a new forum at axiomaudio.com. And the rest of the story is lost wages.
Posted By: Bob4action Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 01:04 PM
Greetings,
I initially found Axiom's website on an ordinary search for home theater. Later on, a recommendation from Paul at The Home Theater Spot convinced me that they were for real.
b.
Posted By: bugzyseg Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 01:18 PM
Coworker told me: "Take a good look at Canadian speakers"
Did search on the web, saw reviews and took chances.
Posted By: Amie Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 01:32 PM
I was working at a summer resort in Muskoka between university semesters, and everyone I knew had Axiom speakers . . . tee hee!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 01:50 PM
i dont remember the actual website, but it was a stereo review type site. someone had done a review of a receiver, and he was using axiom speakers.. he had a link to the Axiom website in his review, i clicked, and have never looked back.

i already have a friend here in town who is ready to pull the trigger on his own Axiom set-up..

bigjohn
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 02:36 PM
I seem to be a dinosaur around here, as this story will tell:

I was building my first non mass market system in the late 1980's, had settled on NAD/Thorens gear, and went in search of the speakers. A couple of local dealers had the usual models, and also carried Axioms. I listened, and made a deal for the AX2's, and when I went to pick them, they substituted the AX3's for the 2's.

Later when vacationing in the area (approx. 1990), I visited the Axiom factory....and yes, I am looking for the pic's I snapped.

Since then I have rebuilt a pair of garage sale AX2's, and continue to enjoy the AX3's!!!

So, that makes me pre internet sales model, actually listened to them in a audio listening room ( FordPrefect, remember EHR?), having visited the plant some 14 years ago, and pre Amie!!!!
Posted By: KOSMOS Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 03:37 PM
I came across them on audiorevolution.com while looking at sat systems (Energy, Gallo, etc.). Also found them at hometheaterspot.com, then found them in .......
my living room!
Posted By: pablo Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 06:03 PM
I was about to buy some Boston $1,000 bookshelves, then decided to do some internet research to see if I could save some cash and still get great sound. Found multiple references to Axiom M22's and Energy C3's as being great bookshelf speakers for the buck. Went to a local dealer to hear the Energy's...pretty good sound, not great, slightly muffled IMO. Also auditioned much more expensive speakers for kicks. Finally made the leap of faith & ordered M22's. No comparison... blew all the others away in terms of clarity & soundstage. Since then moved up to m60'S for great bass in addition to the clarity & soundstage of the m22's.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 06:07 PM
pablo-

where are you in texas??

i am in san angelo.

bigjohn
Posted By: pablo Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 06:14 PM
bigjohn,

In Southlake - it's between Dallas and Ft Worth. Pretty new to TX - is San Angelo down by Houston ?
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/09/04 07:30 PM
I was poking around on the Audioreview website and saw that they were some of the best reviewed speakers out there. That led me here and to other reviews, and the rest is history!

Mark
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/10/04 02:25 AM
i discovered them from a combination of websites including audioreview, avsforum, htforum. I continued to see overwhelmingly positive reviews so I took the leap. Haven't look back since.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/10/04 03:43 AM
Actually read Mark's (MHorgel) review on audioreview.com and e-mailed him about the speakers as he previously had Wharfedale Sapphires like I did. And now I went and got a mm9000 just like his. Small world. Thanks again Mark!
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/10/04 01:11 PM
usually have the treble cranked on all my radios and stereo. when it was "time", did reading, liked what i read, and ordered w/out listening. my family feels i made the right choice too; we all like loud tunes.
dan
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/10/04 05:08 PM
I wandered in after reading about the Rockets and Klipsch. Read some info on the boards. Simple as that. Sold.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/11/04 02:10 AM
You're just a Mark wannabe...you're not stalking me as well, are you?
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/11/04 02:30 AM
No , no, no, of course not. Why did I get the STF-2 when Mark has the VTF-2? What was I thinking? Doh!!!
Posted By: Radspecv Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/12/04 02:18 PM
A buddy of mine bought the Aperion Intimus 5.1 system and was trying to convince me to get it too. In looking at review websites for that system I saw Axiom ads, which led me to their site. I think it was a picture of the M80 that got me. It's just so perty.

Pete
Posted By: les9596 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/12/04 03:05 PM
Pete,

Can you make any comparison of your Axioms and your friends Aperion systems?

I have narrowed my own choice of speaker systems down to these two companies bookshelf offerings, but have not been able to find any direct comparison data at all.
Posted By: Radspecv Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/12/04 05:40 PM
I haven't ordered my Axioms yet. That'll happen later this month. I'll see what I can do as far as comparing. He's got bookshelfs in a huge room and I'm going to have M60s in a medium room. I may have to drag mine to his place to make it more even.

Pete
Posted By: austinbirdman Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/12/04 07:46 PM
I heard about them more or less simultaneously from 1) an audioholics.com review (the head-to-head review where the M22s come out as the best value against some higher-cost hi-fi speakers), and 2) that Home Theater Wizard ad on the audioreview.com site. I actually clicked on the ad and did the Axiom wizard as one of my first "research" forays into the brand, although I didn't trust the company until I hung out on the forums and read several more great reviews.

Birdman
Posted By: snippy Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/13/04 01:35 PM
A member of the www.dvdfile.com forum recommended them to me a few years ago. So I checked out the website and began emailing Alan and Amie, I was so impressed by their service and the few reviews out there that I was sold.

I have now been the resident Axiom guru at that forum for quite some time.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/13/04 03:27 PM
In 1990, I was working part-time in the audio department of a local furniture store. (No snickers - we carried Paradigm, Mission, Boston Acoustics, Yamaha, Rotel, Cyruss, Luxman, Sony Video, etc)

Anyhow, we got a call from my Uncle, (Joe Vassallo) telling us that we HAD to hear these speakers. My boss was game, so he shipped out a sub/satellite system. The satellites were about the size of the current M2 or M3, and the sub was HUGE. It had 2 passive, forward firing 10" alum woofers (side by side) with a mid & tweet in-between them, acting as a centre channel. It was magnetically shielded, and designed to hold a TV on top. If I am not mistaken, it was real wood veneer, also.

Shortly after, the bosses decided that they wanted to move to Florida, and sold the business. Ian drove 3 hours to personally pick up the speakers. If I remember correctly, he was driving an Audi.

Eleven years later, I bought my first set of M80's.

Posted By: madpuppy Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/14/04 11:48 AM
I was in the process of turning my media room into a full blown theater room, I purchased an onkyo TXNR801 with 7.1 surround and I was a few speakers short (:P. I did some research and 2 names kept popping up RBH and AXIOM, I decided to do a search on E-bay and only one set of qs-4 popped up I bid on them and got them for 150.00 including shipping. I send an email to AXIOM about properly intergrating them into my system and they suggested that I look into getting a pair of QS-8's for my main surrounds and using the qs-4's for my rear surrounds. I ordered a set of QS-8's and am amazed by the sound stage(I hope that is right!) they deliver that I am going to replace the rest of my speakers eventually with AXIOM's.
thank goodness for the internet!!!
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/15/04 07:42 AM
Peter was in the process of researching speakers to replace his Paradigm Monitor 9s, and I think he was looking at the Hsu Ventriloquist system (not yet out at the time) as a possibilty, and I came upon the Axiom page and read some of the quite positive reviews and passed the link on to Peter. I think that's how it happened anyway...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/15/04 07:56 AM
I think you're right, Adam. I HAD heard of Axiom before, and I even visited the website. Nut when you suggested them as an alternative to the Hsu system, I latched on. (Is that a breastfeeding reference???)

The Hsu system sounds great, but it would have been much more of a size compromise than I wanted.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/15/04 01:40 PM
So it's really your fault! Aha!
Posted By: Loose Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/15/04 06:58 PM
i saw an ad on the side of a webpage. i am the reason they have annoying ads on webpages ahah
Posted By: Wid Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/16/04 12:23 AM
Peter,
What were your thoughts on the Hsu VT-12 system.I bought my wife that system for chrismas.For its size and the cost I think it sounds pretty darn good.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where Did You Hear About Axiom? - 07/16/04 12:29 AM
wid,

I completely agree. For the money and the size of the speakers, it's a great sounding system. It easily beats any HTIB speakers I've heard.
© Axiom Message Boards